Online: 0 [0:gsicon:]

Approximate time: 5 Hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Missable achievements: No

Does difficulty affect Achievements: No Difficulty

Unobtainable/glitched Achievements: No.

Extra equipment needed?: No.

Introduction

Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is the 3rd DLC released for Borderlands 2 at a cost of 800 Microsoft Points or $10 USD. There are only four story missions in this DLC making quite easy to run through. You are trying to find and kill a mad scientist named Nakayama.

Colored text is a link.

Story

The story is very easy to go through, even on playthrough 2. However there are two somewhat tricky parts involving the last level. One part asks you to activate the bridge. It is a bit confusing but you need to just shoot at the bridge across the chasm a few times.

The other is the end boss Jackenstein. Make sure you have a good corrosive weapon. You need to shoot at the power cells on his back before you can start to shoot at his body. You'll take out one power cell and then he'll jump up to a ledge with a shield. Take out most of the Hyperion robots and he'll jump back down for you to hit the other power cell. He will jump up again and you will need to take care of more robots. When he finally jumps down, unload into his chest/head region and he'll lose a 1/4 of his health when you hit him enough automatically. Making this boss not as intimidating as it seems. Do this one more time and he will die. See "Face Off" for more tips and a video guide.

Side Quests + Raid Boss

This DLC has a total of 13 side quests. 11 of these are quite easy and should each only take a few minutes to complete. One of them however requires you to kill several rare enemies of each type. It is advised to activate all side quests as soon as you get them so you can kill a handful through natural progression. These enemies are much more common than Chubby's but they still have about a 1/10 chance of spawning. If you end up reaching a waypoint and the creature isn't spawning then save, quit, and start the game up again. It should spawn.

The more difficult quest is the final raid boss. If you get some friends you can run circles around him [line]or if you are playing solo you can preform the KSS glitch. This makes one shot of a certain gun do the damage of several. If you perform the glitch several times the raid boss should die very very easily. There is a tutorial on how to do the glitch below. You will need Evil Smasher and an Infinity Pistol. Use the Weapon Trading Thread to get the weapons you may need. [/line]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuqmDdz_0zc]KSS Glitch[/ame]

Conclusion

If you follow these steps and use the tips given, this will be an easy 125:gsicon:. This DLC is not very difficult excluding the Raid Boss you have to fight. Even with the Raid Boss, this DLC should take no more than 5 hours to complete. Good luck Vault Hunters!

Edited by StayonTarget

0YCLiGJhbC9MDhoEGlxTWTdjL2FjaC8wLzQ4AAAAAOfn5-7Z+kE=.jpgFace Off 40:gsicon:

Complete the mission "The Fall of Nakayama"

Story Related. Can not be missed.

The story missions consist of...

• Savage Lands
  • Professor Nakayama, I Presume?
  • A-Hunting We Will Go
  • The Fall of Nakayama

The final fight against Jackenstein can be a bit tricky. Before you start you should have a Bee Shield and a good corrosive weapon (Conference Call works nicely). There are four parts to this battle. All very similar to the previous.

As soon as you jump down, unload on the electric power cells on it's back taking out 1/4 of his health. As soon as you take out one of them he will jump up and be protected by a shield. When this happens, you will need to take out a handful of Hyperion robots before he jumps back down. Unload on his second power cell when he does taking out another 1/4. He will jump back up to his previous spot and you will need to take care of more Hyperion robots. As soon as he jumps down again, use your most powerful weapon and unload in his chest/head region. His health will get bumped down from 50% to 25% then he'll die. Here is a basic video guide explaining what to do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaE4pJbtrhA]Killing Jackenstein[/ame]

04CLiGJhbC8VDhoEGlxTWTdjL2FjaC8wLzRhAAAAAOfn5-wWXX4=.jpgBeen There 45:gsicon:

Discover all named locations in Hammerlock's Hunt

This achievement is pretty straightforward. There are 5 sections to the DLC and you need to uncover the entire map. If the spot is shaded then it means it is not uncovered. If you think you are in a location that should uncover but it's not, you need to find a way to get above where you are currently standing. For example, the map won't reveal itself if you are in a cave. But if you are on top of the cave it will.

Hunters Grotto

• Hammerlock's Camp
  • Lodge

Ardorton Station

• Bone Metal Camp
  • The Psycho Surgery
  • The Morgue
  • The Ardo Farm
  • The Skin-Chop Chop-Shop
  • The Offal Overlook
  • Iron Rail Rotunda
  • The Infernal Machine

Scylla's Grove

• The Sun Swamps
  • Root Hill Village
  • The Ardorton Docks
  • Grifters Reak
  • Roothill Village
  • Low Gut Rut
  • Dropwater Cavern

Candlerakk's Crag

• Elite's Crossing
  • Lower Bluff
  • The Rage Cage
  • The Big Bluff

H.S.S. Terminus

• Sunken Cargo Room
  • Nakayama's Laboratory

0ICLiGJhbC9NDhoEGlxTWTdjL2FjaC8wLzQ5AAAAAOfn5-85AtI=.jpgDone That 40:gsicon:

Complete all Hammerlock's Hunt side missions

There are a total of 13 side quests. Here is a list of all of them in the locations they can be activated at. They are all easy with the exception of "Voracidious the Invincible." The roadmap has a guide to a glitch to easily defeat him. There is also information for a select few quests below that can cause some confusion when trying to be completed.

Hunter's Grotto

• Now You See It
  • Big Feet
  • Paling Around
  • An Acquired Taste
  • Egg on Your Face
  • Still Just a Borok in a Cage
  • I Like My Monsters Rare
  • Voracidious the Invincible

Scylla's Grove

• The Rakk Dahlia Murder
  • Urine, You're Out
  • Ol' Pukey
  • Nakayama-rama
  • Follow the Glow

I Like My Monsters Rare

You will end up having to farm for enemies. Load up a particular area with the type of enemies you need and kill them. When you do you need to save and quit then start the game up again. There will be more enemies for you to kill. Rinse and repeat until you finish the quest.

Egg on Your Face

A good tip though is if you see a white/cyan line sticking up from any distance it's probably an egg. Cyan is the only item that seems to show up across the entire map. It will take some driving but you will end up finding all 23 eggs by keeping your eyes open.

Urine, You're Out

This quest has to be done at night. It may be hard to tell what time it is but the spots are easy to spot. All of them are on claptraps stuff. Boomboxes, speakers, etc. You will however have to jump around on objects to reach some of them.

Follow the Glow

The waypoint that you are directed to is underground. You need to go down (using the map) and to the left, using the path that goes around and under. It looks like a handle (cup) on the left side of the map. Use the teleporter and the rest is easy.

Edited by StayonTarget

Want to write it for my official guide mate?

I made the guide for the main game and all 4 DLCs. I can add it there because the title is " Achievement Guide + Roadmap + DLC" and you'll get full credit and award rights...

Keeps it all together. Up to you, just thought I'd through you the question! Just give me the details and I'll add them all in!

GUIDE

DLC POST

Just finished this on normal mode, took 7 hours for me but now I know where things are I imagine I could do it much faster (maybe three hours, if I ran past the enemies instead of leveling badass challenges). Spent at least one hour alone waiting for the day and night cycles to line up correctly with the urine quests, and the other two time sinks were the drifter egg locations and grinding out the unique enemy kills so I think those three could benefit from a specific write-up/video guide.

Just finished this on normal mode, took 7 hours for me but now I know where things are I imagine I could do it much faster (maybe three hours, if I ran past the enemies instead of leveling badass challenges). Spent at least one hour alone waiting for the day and night cycles to line up correctly with the urine quests, and the other two time sinks were the drifter egg locations and grinding out the unique enemy kills so I think those three could benefit from a specific write-up/video guide.

congrats luv how the last mission for killing rare enemies you're victim to spawn rates lol.

Here's my list of the side quests, there's 12 in total. Should be complete, feel free to use it :)

Candlerakk's Crag

• Now You See It

• Big Feet

• Voracidous the Invincible

Hunter's Grotto

• Still Just a Borok in a Cage

• Palling Around

• I Like My Monsters Rare

• Egg on Your Face

• An Acquired Taste

Scylla's Grove

• The Rakk Dahlia Murder

• Ol' Pukey

• Nakayama-rama

• Urine, You're Out

How does the new "Invincible" boss compare to the others?

I also would like to know this. Is the boss easy enough to do solo, or do you need more players?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=416023

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=416053

Personally I think they are both easier than their predecessors. If you having a hard time killing them simply try them in NORMAL mode since their max level there is 32-33 and you should have no problem at all to defeat them with a level 50 character.

Only Voracidous the Invincible is needed for an achievement though, the other one (Dexiduous The Invincible) is just for fun.