03) The Guide to Awards Thread

Tatanko

Me and GFX team will probably be the one's to bring the SOTF back to the table but I think the lack of GFX users on the site (there is some, but we'd need a lot), wouldn't make it worth the setting up of it all.

In my broken German - Vus is das?

Does it need an award?

The Rush happened a while back and I think Creech actually won it - so of course it needs an award, ha ha!

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It was a gamerscore/completion (I forget which) type of deal, but it was held over a much shorter period of time than a regular GSL. Can't seem to find any links etc, but I'm pretty sure that was the deal.

No. It was a gamerscore/completion (I forget which) type of deal, but it was held over a much shorter period of time than a regular GSL. Can't seem to find any links etc, but I'm pretty sure that was the deal.

Yeah I had a look through the tourney forum and didn't see much. May have to back-track through the subs one...

It's not one of these "Subs gaming sessions" is it? Just looking through the forums and that's all I see.

Edited by Nozza

Yeah I had a look through the tourney forum and didn't see much. May have to back-track through the subs one...

It's not one of these "Subs gaming sessions" is it? Just looking through the forums and that's all I see.

If it was anything like a regular GSL then the forums in question may have been perma-deleted. Feel free to harass Creech about it if you want to know more as I'm sure he took part and won.

Edited by jackanape

David!!!!!!

Hahaha! June 19/20, 2010. I think I scored 6800 points in 48 hours. #2 person was pretty close, I think I only beat him by a few 100 gamerscore.

Here is one thread one it. Results are 60 or so posts in:

It is late so this isn't pretty, but the results are in. I will sort out the prizes over the next day or so. Sorted by increase during the GSL. I won, but obviously I am not eligible for any prizes, so going down from there.

Forum Name - Gamertag - Starting Score - Ending Score - Net Gain

Creech - Creech x360a - 234540 - 241370 - 6830

Capn Doug - Capn Doug x360a - 35115 - 41355 - 6240

kornfan2007 - Kornfan2007 - 88470 - 89670 - 1200

hodge - xoxHODGExox - 70880 - 71845 - 965

jackanape - jackanape - 204537 - 205477 - 940

patches4711 - patches4711 - 213286 - 214076 - 790

The Pro - The Pro - 50943 - 51498 - 555

DudeWithTheFace - DudeWithTheFace - 120720 - 121085 - 365

Madhatters13 - Madhatters13 - 37714 - 38064 - 350

Cla55y - Barney STIN50N - 104129 - 104244 - 115

Filter x360a - Filter x360a - 150950 - 151045 - 95

jdm - jdm7399 - 108896 - 108986 - 90

Minty - Minty x360a - 104385 - 104465 - 80

DeekBoy - DeekBoy - 33475 - 33545 - 70

GameFreak47 - GameFreak47 - 43700 - 43745 - 45

Pashos - Pashos x360a - 122930 - 122975 - 45

wtbuffs87 - wtbuffs87 - 30845 - 30875 - 30

Smashing Impacts - LSM Warrior - 4975 - 4975 - 0

LilMissRoxy - Roxy x360a - 80860 - 80860 - 0

Steve50013 - Steve50013 - 84819 - 84819 - 0

YUNDER - YUNDERSTAND - 55825 - 55825 - 0

Prizes available are:

Halo 3 ODST Sgt Johnson Redemption Code

Boggle

Sorry Sliders

Texas Cheat 'Em

Football Genius - The Ultimate Quiz (3 codes)

Edited by Creech

There is a little bit of more information on each topic. Feel free to use the information if you want. :)

I added both word-for-word because I think they were well said and gave you credit right underneath, if that's okay. I'd like as much of the guide to be my own wording as possible, but the truth is I don't know everything there is to know about every award and every area of the site :eek:

In terms of the GSL awards, it's my understanding that this thread is about how to earn certain awards, technically, those GSL awards can't be earned, maybe just use 1 wining team and 1 MVP award with a description of how to earn them for future GSL's?

One other note is the description for the Guide Team. It might be worth including the Awards team in that as well, something along the line of, "Guide Team members also serve as the site's Award Team, responsible for tracking and processing awards for all members."

Added your line to what Yunder said and gave you credit. Thanks for mentioning that, the new description for the Guide Team should be much more accurate!

As for the GSL stuff... maybe others could chime in on what they think about that?

Also maybe give some examples of bright ideas that have been used and some A+ threads.

I'm going to need others to point out examples, because I honestly don't know which threads were the source of those awards for the people that do have it. Anyone want to give me some examples? :D

I'll comment on the other posts shortly...

I did make a list of new/current staff HERE. Though the discussion was to hold off on the edit version I did. But I think you can take the names from it and get it right for now if you wanted to add them in.

Linking to the actual staff page can cover some bases but as mentioned, it's well out of date.

Sounds good! I guess I'll add them in since multiple people have expressed interest in me doing so. I'll be sure to credit your work for the updated list.

You may want to link the Awards page HERE. You can actually link each one individually, if you want. Just click the awards name in the black tool bar above each one. Could link them into the bold award headers you've made?

I think linking them to the awards page will help them see the full list and who's won what.

I'm going to link at the top in the opening of the thread as per your suggestion, and tonight I'll work on linking individual ones. I don't mind putting in the work to make this guide as easy to use and informative as it possibly can be :) This was only ever intended to be a "rough draft" anyway.

Also, if Creech signs off the new banners I've done, you'll have one of them for the top of your post soon.

I see the new banner. Thanks very much :D

Might be worth mentioned the word "published". Having them published to the main site is the main and final thing that'll get you the award. Nothing else will (e.g. sticky etc). Add it into each description or the main paragraph above them all?

Noted, it will be changed.

Add THIS link and a description.

Will do.

If this is going to stay, I'd swap the awards around. So #1 first.

Done. That is, unless we decide to get rid of SOTF from this page altogether.

I'm not sure that is the case. They're there to process, review and publish submitted guides/roadmaps. This then helps the site have the best ones for each forum. Yes they can also cover writing rights and all that, but this is not their main priority.

As you can see, I canned my original description and replaced it entirely with Yunder's new description. Hopefully it's a little more truthful! I really didn't know what to put exactly and went with what I've observed.

Given that SOTF hasn't run in a while, probably better off not including it for now. You can always add it back in down the road if it comes back to life.

Are you sure? At least from a historical perspective it seems worth keeping them to me. You're the boss though, so if that's what you want (and particularly if others agree with you) I'll get rid of it.

Looking for more feedback on how I should display the GSL awards (the way it is now or the way DEG23 suggested) as well as whether or not SOTF should stay or go from this list.

Do you want awards for it then, or is it too late?

Looking for more feedback on how I should display the GSL awards (the way it is now or the way DEG23 suggested) as well as whether or not SOTF should stay or go from this list.

I like the layout and I feel SOTF should go for now. I did put another post somewhere about it in this thread.

Edited by Nozza

Do you want awards for it then, or is it too late?

I like the layout and I feel SOTF should go for now. I did put another post somewhere about it in this thread.

Noted. That's two votes to get rid of it. Anyone else?

Also, I should be caught up with editing in regards to the feedback I've gotten so far.

PAX Meet 2010

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/pax-64.jpg

The x360a team was at PAX 2010, and this award is for showing up in

person and having a chat with some of the staff and fellow members.

This could probably be expanded upon. The x360a/PS3T PAX party has become a yearly tradition open to both long time members of each site and general well wishers. It might not have taken off the way it has had it not been for the support of the members at the first event in 2010.

One of the things I noticed is that no awards were ever done up for the Subscriber's GSL Rush a while back.... hrmmmm.....

I know the competition was basically nothing more than an excuse for you to borrow some Japanese dating sims from Stoph, but it was a fun event. I was actualy looking for something from whippersnapper Creech about how the competition was not a full competition and ineligible for awards and such, but I have not found it. I could use a retroactive award...

Hahaha! June 19/20, 2010. I think I scored 6800 points in 48 hours. #2 person was pretty close, I think I only beat him by a few 100 gamerscore.

Here is one thread one it. Results are 60 or so posts in:

Yeah, that was when I could get discouraged enough to give up on a bad game. And Terminator Salvation was truly terrible... I know it wasn't even 3 years ago, but I seemed so much younger then...

EDIT: Any chance this could get stickied? Only reason I ask is because eventually I'm assuming people will be posting things in this forum and it might get lost.

Done!

This could probably be expanded upon. The x360a/PS3T PAX party has become a yearly tradition open to both long time members of each site and general well wishers. It might not have taken off the way it has had it not been for the support of the members at the first event in 2010.

I know the competition was basically nothing more than an excuse for you to borrow some Japanese dating sims from Stoph, but it was a fun event. I was actualy looking for something from whippersnapper Creech about how the competition was not a full competition and ineligible for awards and such, but I have not found it. I could use a retroactive award...

Yeah, that was when I could get discouraged enough to give up on a bad game. And Terminator Salvation was truly terrible... I know it wasn't even 3 years ago, but I seemed so much younger then...

Look at how cute your gamerscore was back then....35k... ah, how times have changed.

If someone wants to come up with a list of who was at the party each year, I can update the awards and hand them out. You, me, Avelena, Andrew, Stoph, Webb, Minty (except for last year)... That is about where my memory stops, unfortunately.

Done!

Look at how cute your gamerscore was back then....35k... ah, how times have changed.

If someone wants to come up with a list of who was at the party each year, I can update the awards and hand them out. You, me, Avelena, Andrew, Stoph, Webb, Minty (except for last year)... That is about where my memory stops, unfortunately.

Tyger was there both years, Andrew was not there last year (remember, he woke up to a dozen messages asking where he was). Didn't Dude show up last year (or was that just to the lunch the next day and the duck boat?). I know there was a PS3T director there the last two years, but I don't think he has an account here, not sure if Fsh is in the same position. My friend Texameradian showed up in 2011 (you may have blocked those memories) and has an account here...

The problem I have is that I can remember a lot more people who were there for one event or another over the last three years, just not whether it was the party or a lunch or something.

Do you want a GSL Rush award?

I use my non-voting observer status vote to vote yes. Though I probably count for only 3/5ths of a regular non voting vote.

I can certainly add that in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question, but what's the limit exactly for a Micro Guide? Would a DLC with 250G count as a full Guide or Micro Guide?

its not so much the point value, but the detail and effort that is required and put into it. i think it is down to the guide teams discretion, though and not quite so cut and dry as how many achievements/points are in it.

its not so much the point value, but the detail and effort that is required and put into it. i think it is down to the guide teams discretion, though and not quite so cut and dry as how many achievements/points are in it.

That's not a great method. Some guides can't possibly have anymore information packed into them. Wether it be 125 or 300.

That's not a great method. Some guides can't possibly have anymore information packed into them. Wether it be 125 or 300.

i sort of agree. but it is what it is. and to be fair, even a well written dlc guide is still less effort than a full retail guide(in general, i know some are very easy, like the one im doing now), so giving the same credit to 2 people, were one has spent a couple of weeks compiling info and the other a day or so isn't really fair.