03) The Guide to Awards Thread

Tatanko

Guest Scotty
Yeah, you have an award for being a subscriber, as well as how much you donated (which could be a bit similar to tenure perhaps?), so I think a third award would be quite silly. :p

I doubt you would get shouted at if you ended up guessing correctly, so don't worry! XD Just keep thinking of green things around the forums and hopefully you will figure it out! Good luck!

well my second though was that its something to do with the community Co-Op stuff, but there is nothing physically green about that, or at least nothing more green about it than anything else on the site. but its a thumb so it has to be gaming related, and not just site related, as you never really specifically use your thumb on the site for anything.

well thats my final guess because these tears of frustration are too much to bear!:p

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so before i drive myself insane trying to figure it out, will we be told at some point or are all the staff enjoying watching us squirm:p

The funny this is, I'm staff and I don't know what it is. I don't think the design team even designed the award...

Where did I miss this conversation!!!

Edit: Wait, I found it!

Guest Scotty
Think of something green around the site. How you interpret "green" could be important ;)

So environmentally friendly? are we sending our old pop bottles in for 20p each:p

The funny this is, I'm staff and I don't know what it is. I don't think the design team even designed the award...

Where did I miss this conversation!!!

Edit: Wait, I found it!

Found it as in, gonna share with us commoners, or found it as in, HA! i know what it is and you don't:p

Guest Scotty
I know it as well :p

well i must look a right twat! i have no idea but it seems everyone else knows. :(

Will offer sexual favours for information

Don't feel bad. They only know because it was mentioned in last weeks DMMM boosting session. I only know because it was discussed before I left the guide team.

You can keep the sexual favors, but I wouldn't say no to a bribe :p

Second hint from me: what are most of the awards on this site given out for?

Guest Scotty
I'll accept a slightly smaller bribe ;)

So it's going to be like that eh?

really? well i'll start low with the bidding at a google image of some monopoly money(the 1) for the first to give me useful info.

and i'm relieved to see you aren't interested in the 'favour'(with a u). you had me in the palm of your hand, should you want it, and a couple minutes later, that would have been the other way around:eek: American Dad Joke

Second hint from me: what are most of the awards on this site given out for?

Without counting each member's name in the Awards section, it's Donator Level 1, followed by Submit - Bronze.

So...if it's "green" does that mean the Donate link/picture at the top of the site? Because money is green? Green equals envy, so you get the award based upon the amount of people who envy you on the site - tying into this the Bronze Submit - the amount of people who envy you based the amount of submissions you have submitted to the site. Thumbs are digits that are most commonly used for holding objects....along with the "pointer" digit. Humans point with their "pointer" finger, and most people point at someone when speaking of them in disgust. Tying back envy into this.

If:

Green = Money, Money = Envy, Envy = Accusations, Accusations = Hand Gestures, Hand Gestures = Fingers, Fingers = Holding Objects, Holding Objects = Possession, Possession = Pride, Pride = Smile, Smile = Happiness, Happiness = Dedication, Dedication = Hard Working, Hard Working = Good Job, Good Job = Big Salary, Big Salary = Big Expenses, Big Expenses = Big House, Big House = Big Lawn, Big Lawn = GREEN!

I got it. The award is given out to people who have big lawns.

Edited by BiggD

Guest Scotty
*Ramblings of a madman!

erm, well there is the donator award for donating, so i doubt its that. i like the logic though. i won't lie, you lost me at 'without' but it sounded like a clever person said it, nevertheless.

i still have no idea what its for and the more i think about it, the more my sanity slips from grasp. i might just wait for it to be announced, its more 'friendly' than holding hostages, demanding to know what its for, to secure their release.:p

EDIT: i have 3 separate lawns at my house, so that would mean i get gold, right? they're well mowed and with a little amount of weeds.

erm, well there is the donator award for donating, so i doubt its that. i like the logic though. i won't lie, you lost me at 'without' but it sounded like a clever person said it, nevertheless.

i still have no idea what its for and the more i think about it, the more my sanity slips from grasp. i might just wait for it to be announced, its more 'friendly' than holding hostages, demanding to know what its for, to secure their release.:p

EDIT: i have 3 separate lawns at my house, so that would mean i get gold, right? they're well mowed and with a little amount of weeds.

It made sense in my mind (not really :p), but it was worth a shot. Even if I sounded like a fool! And lol, "holding hostages" :p

You should get straight Diamond for having 3 lawns well kept!

Guest Scotty
It made sense in my mind (not really :p), but it was worth a shot. Even if I sounded like a fool! And lol, "holding hostages" :p

You should get straight Diamond for having 3 lawns well kept!

well, if i'm honest, its not me, but 'the old dear' (mummy dearest) who keeps the lawns so well, so she would have to make an account for the award, at which point i would cease to speak to her for not letting me have it!:(

i do hope it isn't for well kept lawns though, if i'm honest(again). i wouldn't want people thinking i'm a big softy, gardening and shit!:p

well, if i'm honest, its not me, but 'the old dear' (mummy dearest) who keeps the lawns so well, so she would have to make an account for the award, at which point i would cease to speak to her for not letting me have it!:(

i do hope it isn't for well kept lawns though, if i'm honest(again). i wouldn't want people thinking i'm a big softy, gardening and shit!:p

Or, fake her account and pretend to be her :p

Lol! Well let's hope we find out what the award is soon before people begin making judgements on your gardening and my crazy logic!