Is the Tau Volantis Survival Kit worth it?

TheThreeStooges

just curios to know if the bundle is worth the $$$

stop giving companies a reason to charge us for in-game items. just play the game and earn weapons the way games made you earn them before companies figured out people would pay for the easy way out.

short answer: NO, spend your hard earned money on something like food or a gallon of gas.

stop giving companies a reason to charge us for in-game items. just play the game and earn weapons the way games made you earn them before companies figured out people would pay for the easy way out.

short answer: NO, spend your hard earned money on something like food or a gallon of gas.

Gaming is a hobby with optional addons.. just like electric train models.

What's it to you how he spends his money? Give it a break.

Gaming is a hobby with optional addons.. just like electric train models.

What's it to you how he spends his money? Give it a break.

The OP wants to know if buying in-game content (that you can easily get, and upgrade by actually playing the game) is worth it.

And it is not worth it in both Squid's opinion and mine.

P.S. the Tau Volantis Survival kit is 1200 MSP, you can easily get some DLC with that much.

Here's another point of view: If you plan on playing Dead Space 3 multiple times and with the lights turned off, the money you'll save on your electric bill will basically make the Tau Volantis Survival Kit free. Granted, you'll likely have to play through hundreds of times to ever measure the savings, but...it could work.

Edited by WalterWhite

I said no to it. Suits don't have stats, and its a unique set of skins for the guns, but nothing stat wise you can't make yourself. It's mot a money grab if you like the costumes, but I'm happy with what I got. Maybe some pictures of what they look like would be cool, if anyone has bought it yet

I said no to it. Suits don't have stats, and its a unique set of skins for the guns, but nothing stat wise you can't make yourself. It's mot a money grab if you like the costumes, but I'm happy with what I got. Maybe some pictures of what they look like would be cool, if anyone has bought it yet

the collectors edition guide book has a photo of every rig that's in the game. I'm sticking with my n7 rig. Looks just like the one I wore in dragon age 2.

and its a unique set of skins for the guns, but nothing stat wise you can't make yourself.

The unique guns actually have higher stats than their normal counterparts, and are on an Elite frame that you can scrap early on for the incredibly rare Tungsten resource.

You cannot immediately scrap the unique tips though (you can craft unique tips), you must have at least one of each.

Here's another point of view: If you plan on playing Dead Space 3 multiple times and with the lights turned off, the money you'll save on your electric bill will basically make the Tau Volantis Survival Kit free. Granted, you'll likely have to play through hundreds of times to ever measure the savings, but...it could work.

Really??? how is it that no one quoted this and said how funny it was? I am never one to commend ppl on their post, but this one is pretty good.

On topic: i plan on actually playing my game. No point in buying "Cheat codes" to make it easier. I miss the days when they put this things in as hidden cheat codes. I could only imagine what the current gen greed would do with the original Tony Hawks and stuff were cheats and unlockable characters were main objectives to playing the games. Now its like, if you want an unlock you have to purchase it.

Edited by i fist brown i

@medium, you do realize suits could easily be unlockables??? Games use to do it all the time. Like the example i used, Tony Hawk back on N64/ps1/ps2 use to reward you with things like new playable characters, levels or cheat-codes for achieving certain things through playing. I can name plenty of other games that did this too (metal gear solid, resident evil, etc...)

I guess this new mentality of paying for everything can be accepted by younger kids new to gaming. I dont consider myself old, at all (21), and i can remember the days where online gaming wasnt as popular and they didnt have a marketplace to charge you out the ass for everything... things that they're charging you for now, would have originally been in the game "back in the day."

So, with this mentality of mine, IDC if i was a millionaire... this is not worth a $15 purchase... Unless, you somehow get msp free... then it would be worth it.

Alright. So I bought the Tau Volantis Survival Kit and here's what we got. A Plasma cutter with a rip blade, in titanium. A Pulse rifle with a chainsaw with a red finish. And a Seeker Rifle with with a Line Gun. The suits, well, nothin unique. I believe you get these suits in the game. Same basic design at least, however the coloration is different and, for example, the Tundra Recon suit is like Carvers survival suit. You get different helmets and colors. No TRULY unique suits, but they have their differences. I like Carvers Arctic helmet better anyway. And with the Bot Capacity upgrade, you get more resources with each return. (Or its that they come back faster. Can't remember which one.)

So I you really want this DLC, wait for a sale, cuz there WILL be one. Eventually. I'm waiting till I beat the game and for the sale maybe before I get the personality. Cuz I WANT to hear its comments and from what people say, he's pretty funny.

Well, some people just have money to throw around as they please. Me, I had a good amount and I let the coin decide. Personality Bot? Or Survival Kit? Coin said Survival Kit. Ill be getting some more money sometime soon once I head off to Seasonal Training.

Also, the Archeologist Suit you get in-game has Carver's helmet. By its like, bright orange almost Yellow. I don't mind it, but some others may prefer a different color scheme. The Marauder suit looks the best out of all of them in my opinion. It has a Splinter Cell goggle and doesn't look half bad.