Official bitching/bad review thread

ColdSpider72

I don't even own (or plan on owning) this game, however, this forum obviously needs this thread. Please keep all of the complaints and bad reviews here!

Due to the nasty responses I have been getting, let me clear something up:

I do plan on trying the game/renting it at some point. I only said I don't plan on OWNING it. I have seen enough footage (I don't decide on comments alone) to make an informed decision and what I have seen tells me that this game is definitely not worth a $60 day one purchase, IMO.

Edited by ColdSpider72

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my thoughts down in my Delorean thread. I tried to save people their money.

What I find extremely funny is the Season Pass. The Season Pass should be nothing but HD Texture patches and fix for this turd. Im glad Im not a completionist and wont be wasting my money on that Pass.

Yeah that was the review that cinched it for me. Destructoid is my most trusted review site, and just reading the article I knew this wasn't something I'd be happy with for $65. And it sucks because I love Aliens and wanted so badly for this to be good. I can't say really, I haven't played it. When it hits the bargain bin, I'll give you the verdict.

I haven´t seen such a ugly shooter since years. Couldn´t really believe it in the first moments, that this game uses the Unreal Engine. Even Rainbow Six Vegas (release 2006!) has better graphics. Besides that the story is horrible, the NPC´s are boring stereotypes, and it´s annoying to open all 1 or 2 minutes a door (which takes ages).

At least it has a coop campaign and makes halfway fun with friends because a few of the later levels are nice.

Edited by Dragoner28

Jesus christ where do I begin with this game?

-Lore is getting fucked with

-humans pose more of a threat the the xeno's

-QTE to fight off facehuggers and xeno's

-Character asking "what was that snake thingy coming out of his chest" minutes later "more xenomorphs, watch out for lurkers"?

-l4d style multiplayer

-Having 2 different class ranks. One you can rank up with in story and multiplayer while the other strictly multiplayer?

Correct me if I am wrong on any of these points but this is what I have seen from playing for little over 2 hours.

i spared myself this morning and switched my pre-order to crysis 3 and i wasn't even planning on getting it. I just cannot support shit like this, developers need to be humbled. six years i waited. this has got to be the biggest gaming let down ever. How do you witness the mistakes of avp2010 and deliver this.

my problem with this game is the damed mp spawning playing as a marine and i spawned on the xeno side countless times with other players just kinda licking their lips as xeno going yummy yummy marine. also the co-op campign when u get downed and how easy it is to troll someone in this game especilly if u are host

yes my grammer sucks im sry

my only bitch is gamers who start threads on a game they have not played or dont plan on playing.

Part of being a subscriber means having a special forum where you can do a little extra, if you so choose, to help the site. One of those little extras is a thread we have to request stickies for threads that need it. even if that means to create a new thread before requesting said sticky. The last time I submitted some sticky ideas, Clueless (the mod) asked me to create a thread for any subjects that needed stickies, if a thread didn't already exist. After I saw all of the bitching threads starting to crop up here (because I was reading up on the game to see just how bad it was), adding one here was a no-brainer.

Just because I don't plan on owning it doesn't mean I don't have the right to read about others' opionions and even post myself if I have something to add. That's how we.....ya know, make a decision to buy or not....like I did just before I created this thread. Like I said, I don't plan on OWNING it. I never said I would never try the game out through renting or borrowing.

Using the bitching thread for a game just to bitch about another forum member instead of the actual game is trolling and you should know better, Upindat. Besides, I thought you were through starting shit? (according to your own words)

Edited by ColdSpider72

Part of being a subscriber means having a special forum where you can do a little extra, if you so choose, to help the site. One of those little extras is a thread we have to request stickies for threads that need it. even if that means to create a new thread before requesting said sticky. The last time I submitted some sticky ideas, Clueless (the mod) asked me to create a thread for any subjects that needed stickies, if a thread didn't already exist. After I saw all of the bitching threads starting to crop up here (because I was reading up on the game to see just how bad it was), adding one here was a no-brainer.

Just because I don't plan on owning it doesn't mean I don't have the right to read about others' opionions and even post myself if I have something to add. That's how we.....ya know, make a decision to buy or not....like I did just before I created this thread. Like I said, I don't plan on OWNING it. I never said I would never try the game out through renting or borrowing.

Using the bitching thread for a game just to bitch about another forum member instead of the actual game is trolling and you should know better, Upindat. Besides, I thought you were through starting shit? (according to your own words)

Yea I used to be a subscriber. I know. I guess by ur no response meant to me u didn't care or give a shit. As for this game I am an hour into it and its pure garbage. Can't believe this game is from 2013. Horrible. Called to see how much trade in was and was told 20 buck.

Yea I used to be a subscriber. I know. I guess by ur no response meant to me u didn't care or give a shit. As for this game I am an hour into it and its pure garbage. Can't believe this game is from 2013. Horrible. Called to see how much trade in was and was told 20 buck.

So basically you needed to waste $60 to come to the same conclusion many of us did for free? That's a damn shame. I'm glad I'm one those who is willing to form an opinion without playing a game...

So basically you needed to waste $60 to come to the same conclusion many of us did for free? That's a damn shame. I'm glad I'm one those who is willing to form an opinion without playing a game...

Problem with that logic is, you are forming an opinion based on others opinions, which just means you generally buy into the mindless drivel that most game reviewers spew. Hey this is a shooter not titled halo or call of duty 50s everywhere! The game is not as bad as people would lead others to believe. I'm not saying it is good, run out and play it. But it is getting undeserved hate in my opinion, people expected a lot, and didn't get it, and being extra critical because of it, which isn't exactly fair. I have said it a few times already in this forum, I have seen worse games get better reviews.

But in all honesty, an "official" bitching thread is basically inviting trolls. It seems every game that comes out has a bitching thread, getting extremely tired of seeing it in every game forum I visit. In fact, that is one of the things that is starting to push me away from this site. Too many people doing not much else but complaining about the games they play, or even better, bitching about games they don't even plan on playing based on other peoples opinions of that game. Trollers in troll threads telling other people not to troll. People getting flamed in said thread for bitching about the game (as was the intended purpose for the thread) lol makes me laugh and facepalm at the same time.

Edited by Midnight Malice