Official Bitching Thread

Barad

I'm seriously starting to think the Shopaholic achievement was an accident. It doesn't make sense that there's less gamerscore for that than reaching level 60, let alone some of the other easier achievements with equal score. It almost feels like a mistake on their end and if it truly wasn't it's a huge middle finger to players. There aren't enough game modes, maps or content to warrant the time this achievement would take even if you liked the multiplayer.

The multiplayer isn't nearly the worst I've ever played. The biggest thing that makes it suck is all the down time you spend in the lobby with huge countdowns between rounds and matches, waiting for a lobby to populate to then finally begin another countdown and the damn respawn delays. I had to quit a ranked free-for-all match because after about six minutes a fourth person never joined and we just sat there. All the waiting just takes it out of you quick.

Hope they just fix it, I'm sure there are tons of other forums filled with the same grief.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so I'm at the point of no return (metaphorically) I think in the story, just want to say this now, before the ending, great game, really enjoyed the story and gameplay so far, but it's kind of wrecked by SO MANY COLLECTABLES. they have just ruined most of the story emmersion. What's the point ramping up any sort of story tension then seding an area with 40+ shiny objects.

Hope they just fix it, I'm sure there are tons of other forums filled with the same grief.

I haven't started the story yet so I don't know who this character is you have to be in third prestige is that you unlock (I don't need any spoilers) but you unlock Lara at level 60 first time through and I can't imagine he's more important than her as a reward. I know sometimes there are goofy achievements with low score that take forever to unlock but this just feels off. If it was a mistake, which is totally a guess on my part, it would be great if it gets patched.

Trying win a ranked FFA is a right pain lol everyone in the playlist are like commando's rank 40's+.

Yeah that took me about seven games to get, I thought it was going to take forever. I was tied at thirteen kills and got a double with the grenade launcher for the win and unlocked Master Blaster and I'm All That for the finish, I was quite pleased with that bit of luck.

Side Note: This feels like a Rockstar multiplayer suite. Super-frustrating and the biggest enemy is the camera when it comes time for close quarters combat.

Trying win a ranked FFA is a right pain lol everyone in the playlist are like commando's rank 40's+.

After going up against the same I finally won by 1 kill only to not have it count on the tracking screen. The match ended normally but no recognition for winning:mad:

Side Note: This feels like a Rockstar multiplayer suite. Super-frustrating and the biggest enemy is the camera when it comes time for close quarters combat.

This is my complaint, especially on the Monastery level where 90% of firefights take place in that 1 building.

My only complaint is the achievements. I'd like to have some story related ones instead of so many multiplayer.

I was surprised there were absolutely no story-related achievements other than just completing the entire game. I would've much preferred a few mid-story achievements and another one for beating on hard (doesn't seem that hard, but still) instead of any MP. If nothing else, just taking out shopaholic and level 60 would have made it a lot better.

As far as the SP goes, I loved the game. It was a bit short (~15 hours with a good bit spent in the middle finding most of the collectibles). I'm really hoping that there might be some story-based DLC in the future. Any multiplayer DLC will just leave me with a bad aftertaste...

I loved the campaign to death, and the achievements for it aren't too difficult. But multiplayer achievements are just plain cruel. 3rd prestige? Really? I'd rather play the single player game multiple times for multiple achievements than play 40+ hours of mind numbing multiplayer for cheevies worth 20 gamerscore.

This could possibly be one of the worst multiplayer components to any AAA gaming title I've ever seen. Who the hell created the net code for this? I haven't played a game with net code this bad since Singularity but at least that game was kind of fun on the MP side.

Online in this isn't awful tbh. There's more going on in the maps than in games such as gears of war and what not with all the things you can do. only problem with the multiplayer is that it is not 'cool' to like it.

that said it freezes and hangs on loading screens far too much and the shopoholic achievement is plain annoying and the game didn't really warrant it.

single player is great but very short and from what i'm reading incredibly glitchy.

single player is great but very short and from what i'm reading incredibly glitchy.

I don't think it was short at all. It has a decent play-time when you go for all the collectibles. Also stop reading, play the damn game. I only had one bug problem and that's it. Worked fine from the beginning to the end till the 100%. No freezing, no glitches!

The campaign was fun, but it was a bit short. I had some fun on the multiplayer, but cannot bother to grind for the achievements... none of my friends are getting this game so I'm thinking about returning it in exchange for something else. Overall a good singleplayer experience, nothing gamebreaking :)