Achievement Discussion

xhunterrrr

Discuss the game's achievements in this thread!

The Behemoth has created a devblog revealing the achievements in the game along with short descriptions for each achievement.

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2013/03/05/battleblock-theater-achievements/

Overall, I think the achievements sound like fun!

Edited by Tyger7

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Have you played insane yet? There are no checkpoints. If you die, you restart the level. I'd rather get A++ in every level on normal than have to go through insane mode.

Just like the splosion games, both Shank games, super meat boy and most other arcade platformers with insane modes. It put a challenge in and makes it so you can't just die over and over to figure a way through. These achievements are usually more frustrating then difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news considering the fix for 50 prisoners?

I have already ~2200 gems and can't buy anything because I want to get the achievement normally.

Yes the Achievement is glitched but still I believe they would release an update so all you have to do is just start the game and it would unlock, many devs did that.

It put a challenge in and makes it so you can't just die over and over to figure a way through.

It's actually quite the opposite. You have to learn how to complete the levels through trial and error which is exactly the same as dying "over and over to figure a way through". What makes it frustrating is that you get to a new section of a level, die, and then you have to replay everything you already know how to do. They could have at least put a checkpoint halfway into the level.

Looking back, it was annoying playing through insane just like most other games on the highest difficulty, but there was a lot of unnecessary, wasted time.

Any news considering the fix for 50 prisoners?

I have already ~2200 gems and can't buy anything because I want to get the achievement normally.

What's the point in completing the game if you don't get to enjoy wearing the heads while doing so? Besides, it's going to look even more odd having achievements for completing the game on normal and insane mode without unlocking any of the other head achievements in the process.

Edited by TheGoldenReaper

What's the point in completing the game if you don't get to enjoy wearing the heads while doing so? Besides, it's going to look even more odd having achievements for completing the game on normal and insane mode without unlocking any of the other head achievements in the process.

Luckily I got couple funny heads at the start so I have been using those. Also I had a ton of fun playing this with my gf even though I didn't buy anything after I unlocked 46 prisoners and saw on the web that it's glitched. Also I don't think I'm even going for the insane achievements. When the glitch is fixed I will buy all the heads and that's that. Of course as this is a Behemoth game I will play it many years to come. For fun.

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded this for free on games with gold expecting a really tough challenge but the challenge is all rather subdued. A++ is easy to get after playing a level 3 or 4 times. Insane is how the game should be played, only its not "insane" at all, just a moderate challenge.

Try Insane co-op with partner who looks like their mission is to die as many times as possible, then tell me Insane is a moderate challenge. It's hard to find good partners especially when people 'quick match' into the lobby and clearly aren't prepared for insane.

• 2 months later...