05) The A+ Threads and Bright Idea Awards Nominations Thread

Corrupt.

Threads that require constant upkeep (quick/easy threads, compatibility threads, etc.) often qualify. A person can put just as much, if not more, effort into those kinds of threads than a guide/etc.

That's true, didn't think of it in that way. I don't feel so special anymore for my Halo 4 Guide now :p

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an unjust point. Just because something is not updated it doesn't make it worthless. Could you give an example of which thread was worthless at the time the award was (most likely) given, as the awards were given for A+ threads at the time of issue.

I never said they shouldn't get an award for it, but the point stands that these threads show up, get stickied, eventually become outdated, and clutters things up.

Edited by Veedrock

I never said they shouldn't get an award for it, but the point stands that these threads show up, get stickied, eventually become outdated, and clutters things up.

Granted that is true of some threads, but mostly stickied threads are help people or to serve a function.

But I don't get one for The Diner and Car Talk? LAEM. :blurp

It looks good Corrupt. If you want to find thread links you can look at early subscriber discussions. There's quite a few suggestions that were implemented in those forums.

I would prefer the info to come straight from the user who gained the award, although this will be difficult with some of the inactive/banned users.

Just my opinion....but looking through some of those Threads, and some of them look so basic! How were they awarded the A+ award?!

One thing to bear in mind is that standards change over time. What may have earned the award 4 years ago may not now.

Problem is a lot of these guides don't get updated anymore, but they remain stickied and worthless.

If you see something that is stickied and worthless, please use the report funciton to request it become unstickied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • bLaKgRaVy changed the title to 05) The A+ Threads and Bright Idea Awards Nominations Thread