Suggestion Thread

Grifter Reborn

Your logic eludes me. You think because RSV won the vote for this month's Replay Event HERE; that we should've chosen RSV2 instead? We haven't played RSV2 as a community event. How could it be a replay event?

I didn't say anything regarding the game being a replay event... I'm aware you can't replay a game that you haven't played previously.

My whole point is that if RSV is popular enough to get voted in for a replay event, it's probably safe to book RSV2 (as a regular event, not a replay event) instead. This whole program has only been going for a few months now and the library of games available is enormous, and we're already replaying games?

I didn't say anything regarding the game being a replay event... I'm aware you can't replay a game that you haven't played previously.

My whole point is that if RSV is popular enough to get voted in for a replay event, it's probably safe to book RSV2 (as a regular event, not a replay event) instead. This whole program has only been going for a few months now and the library of games available is enormous, and we're already replaying games?

Well, I made a summary of what to expect when I became a staff member HERE when I was asked to take charge of the CG stuff (that feels like ages ago already :p). In any case, to be more direct with your question:

We've played 23 games so far and only replayed 1 of them. (L4D2) 16 of those were strictly co-op. No cheevo hunting (at least openly) or competitive play, etc. Between that and the fact we have new people joining our sessions each week looking to take part, I don't think it's fair to say "too bad we played that game you asked about already, so move on". I'd rather give people a chance to play their favorite games especially now that some of the games we've played before didn't include any option other than "play co-op." Does that make sense? There's 94 games still to play and more added each week, so I fully understand your point (thank you for clarifying it :)), but thanks to your "Magic" suggestion we now have an avenue to play multiple titles in one week. For instance, if it works out well and given how Rock Band 3 didn't do well, we could have a Guitar Hero week for all GH games. Yes, no, maybe?

My goals for CG are pretty simple:

1- Have fun! (If I fail at this, then there's no point in my involvement anymore.)

2- To keep the community actively involved.

3- To select games suggested by members in a manner that is as fair and fun as possible.

The feedback I've received so far regarding the replay events (mainly voting as we've only played once) has been positive. If there's anyone who's unhappy, I hope they'll speak up. Nothing is set in stone and I try to keep everyone happy. At the same time, that's not always possible so I can only go with the majority.

And for the record: I like RSV2 more than RSV. My Gamerscore reflects that. So expect that the day will come when it is chosen for GotW. ;)

My goals for CG are pretty simple:

1- Have fun! (If I fail at this, then there's no point in my involvement anymore.)

2- To keep the community actively involved.

3- To select games suggested by members in a manner that is as fair and fun as possible.

For number 3, we could have voting on the already suggested games in the OPs. People get to vote for four or five games giving points for each game. 4/5 points for their first choice down to 1 for their least favourite. The first games to hit a certain amount would be the ones played next month. Around 30 would be fair if we were picking 3 plus one replay; having two replays in a month seems pretty redundant when there's a near triple-figure list of games waiting to possibly be played.

I don't know how many people agree with me, but having half of the events in one month dedicated to games people have already played is a little silly in my opinion, it should be kept at one, as there only seems to be any demand for three or four titles.

For number 3, we could have voting on the already suggested games in the OPs. People get to vote for four or five games giving points for each game. 4/5 points for their first choice down to 1 for their least favourite. The first games to hit a certain amount would be the ones played next month. Around 30 would be fair if we were picking 3 plus one replay; having two replays in a month seems pretty redundant when there's a near triple-figure list of games waiting to possibly be played.

I don't know how many people agree with me, but having half of the events in one month dedicated to games people have already played is a little silly in my opinion, it should be kept at one, as there only seems to be any demand for three or four titles.

The problem with this, as I see it, is that we kind of need someone to take the lead on the game. Sometimes it works out and someone steps up, other times Grifter or myself has to take charge. Because of that, we have been selecting games that either Grifter or I have. However, there have been preliminary discussions about something... else...

The problem with this, as I see it, is that we kind of need someone to take the lead on the game. Sometimes it works out and someone steps up, other times Grifter or myself has to take charge. Because of that, we have been selecting games that either Grifter or I have. However, there have been preliminary discussions about something... else...

That's fair enough but it seems that Grifter and yourself have (almost) polar opposite taste in games compared to mine. :p

I wonder what these discussions are about...

• 2 weeks later...

That's fair enough but it seems that Grifter and yourself have (almost) polar opposite taste in games compared to mine. :p

I wonder what these discussions are about...

This is the "something else" we were discussing:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=541602

:dance:

I have a mic now....a crappy one but I have one.

Thank you for that! It'll be nice to hear you talking all that trash again. :p

It's Indie but... Mount Your Friends. It's $1 and has 4 player multiplayer.

Indie games don't have achievements, correct? I could give them their own "genre" labeled Indie for the listing.

Edited by Grifter Reborn

Indie games don't have achievements, correct? I could give them their own "genre" labeled Indie for the listing.

That would be correct.

Sweet mother of all things blood soaked and wtf?!!? :eek:

[spoiler=mountfriends1]

What the hell is going on here?!?!?

And with a goat!?!?!

http://download.xbox.com/content/xna/assets/58550D36_World/screen1.jpg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Has their been a Payday 2 event?

If not then DO IT!!! (4-player co-op)

There hasn't been one yet, mainly because neither Doug or I have the game. It was one of many reasons why we started the Community Choice GotW. PayDay 2 is on the C.C. list and Troy listed it as her pick if random.org selects her to be the winner. So it will happen, sooner or later. :)

There hasn't been one yet, mainly because neither Doug or I have the game. It was one of many reasons why we started the Community Choice GotW. PayDay 2 is on the C.C. list and Troy listed it as her pick if random.org selects her to be the winner. So it will happen, sooner or later. :)

I also bought Grid 2 and I want that.....it's all about me.

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, Ace Combat 6 is on the list!? That would be an awesome game to play with fellow x360a members. Am I allowed to vote for that? I'm not a staff member or subscriber, so I'm guessing not.

Well this isn't a vote. So there's that. :p

If you'd like to sign up to host a week of Ace Combat 6, you'd need to become an Ambassador or Subscriber first.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=413156

Info on Subscribing:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=398725