1999 Speed Run Guide

Bahroo3

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotation is key so you can keep your immunity the entire fight.

May be a dumb question, but I can't figure out what you mean by "keep your immunity". I'm reading descriptions of the gear you have equipped and nothing really indicates that you would have immunity, save for Winter Shield, and I don't remember any skylines in that part.

May be a dumb question, but I can't figure out what you mean by "keep your immunity". I'm reading descriptions of the gear you have equipped and nothing really indicates that you would have immunity, save for Winter Shield, and I don't remember any skylines in that part.

You can upgrade Charge to give you brief immunity after using it.

Thanks a lot, your videos made it much easier on me.

As for the gear/vigor upgrades that are imperative for 1999 mode, I'd say Charge Aid and Winter Shield. I would have never made it past Lady Comstock without being able to Charge at her and not take damage, and then final battle would have been near impossible without Winter Shield.

I left the hall of heroes already so I can't restart checkpoint for the Boxer Rebellion area gear and the Battleship Bay gear. Is there anyway I can just do chapter replay from the main menu without erasing progress of my playthrough. Not to sure what I should do honestly. Weapon wise I just scrounge for what is around. My favorite/most reliable vigor is Bucking Bronco. Haven't died one and have about 2,500 eagles.

I have run into technical difficulties with the upload so I don't have an ETA on when it will be up sadly.

Noooooo!!!! Well actually 1999 mode isn't proving to be too difficult, especially with the Bucking Bronco/Shotgun combo you were using. That helped a lot. It's really more about which battles can be skipped and which doors to run directly to. Thanks for doing this by the way.

Been waiting for this video to upload for the past 3 days, longest upload ever lol, I guess you have to wait for YouTube to process it as well.

Are you still uploading it or given up on it? Maybe split it into 2-3 parts if its giving you grief.

It's really more about which battles can be skipped and which doors to run directly to. Thanks for doing this by the way.

Yeah this is the only reason I was using it. Certain tactics and parts that can be skipped compared to other sections.

I'm not finding it hard, it's just I'd like it to go a bit faster if possible. Should of left the other up dude ;)