Easter egg or April Fools?

acidbrn

Every time I hear of fake Easter Eggs people are always describing how to use them like he did in that article, it's fake.

Would also explain the lack of any video, which is what made me question it's authenticity.

Well I know for a fact the tear is there. I recall a red tear playing CCR "Fortunate Son" in the market. I did run straight at it and it did close, like the article states. At the time, I had no idea what it meant, so I just continued. However, I selected the bird for Elizabeth's necklace. Pretty sure this is just a April fools joke.

Well I know for a fact the tear is there. I recall a red tear playing CCR "Fortunate Son" in the market. I did run straight at it and it did close, like the article states. At the time, I had no idea what it meant, so I just continued. However, I selected the bird for Elizabeth's necklace. Pretty sure this is just a April fools joke.

Picked the bird as well. Seems like I won't waste any time trying to go back through the game to try it. At least not until someone else has tried and confirmed it.

Sounds like Bullshit, but you never know. Anybody that remembers the 'Megg" from Halo 1 knows stuff like this is possible. In order to unlock the Megg, you had to play legendary and you had to get out of the cryo chamber on lvl 1, jump on top of it, jump to the shield charger, jump to the catwalk. Run to one end, touch the wall, run to the other end, touch the wall, jump onto the barrel next to it, jump back onto the catwalk, proceed to the bridge, kill Captain Keyes, than book it past the invincible marines through the door that's usually locked and there's a Blood covered M written in the ceiling with bullet holes from the pistol.

Still looking for that Golden Warthog though...

Trololol

Pretty sure, anyways. How would he know that it only works with that specific combination of events if he isn't sure that it needs to be 1999 mode? I'm mainly talking about the cage vs. the bird part there.

Was there any significance to choosing the bird or the cage?

Yea this definitely doesn't work I happened to be in the same area in the same situation and tried it but nothing happened

Good to know! Saves me from having to start up another playthrough just so I could try this out.

One thing I've learned over the years is that the video game industry loves April Fools Day. I don't ever believe a damn thing I read on the internet on April 1st. IGN always has pretty good ones, this year they even proposed Apple's new game system. I remember a few years ago when they actually made a movie trailer for a Zelda movie.

One thing I've learned over the years is that the video game industry loves April Fools Day. I don't ever believe a damn thing I read on the internet on April 1st. IGN always has pretty good ones, this year they even proposed Apple's new game system. I remember a few years ago when they actually made a movie trailer for a Zelda movie.

I remember the Zelda trailer, too bad that was never actually made into a movie, I'd have seen it!