Kinect is terrible

Chada Darkmane

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing a game with kinect is like playing a normal game but with a controller where every single button is broken and sometimes wont work when you push it. I hope the design team got sacked. Worst Peripheral ever.

Yet out of the 5 Kinect games you've played you have 4 completions and the 5th one you just started.

I just recently picked up my Kinect at a used shop and am enjoying it for the most part. I have only about 5 feet of space, so today I went out to grab the Zoom Lens from Nyklon and I gotta say, it's pissing me off. It's mostly because it makes my right arm wonk out, but I figured out that since it takes in more space due to the fish eye lens it's glitching out because of my black night stand... which is where my right arm hovers over.

Haunt is really fun, I just wish they'd make more Kinect games.

• 1 month later...
Playing a game with kinect is like playing a normal game but with a controller where every single button is broken and sometimes wont work when you push it. I hope the design team got sacked. Worst Peripheral ever.

Seriously guy? I got the kinect the day it came out and have not had a single problem with it. the closest thing to a problem was trying to figure out how to mount it to the top of the tv, but a pizza box and a lamp fixed that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've found that most everything played on the kinect tracks movement poorly (with the exception of Gunstringer), if you were thinking about buying a kinect, DON'T DO IT! Save your money, it's not worth it.

Not quite...

Kinect has worked great for some games, average for others. I think it how the game was developed, not Kinect. I also have a ton of gameplay space though, and great lighting. And I think Kinect 2 will be much improved.

Andddd.....We got a winner! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

I Love the Kinect mainly for voice activation i try to play games but im not small or even medium sized so some games dont respond like others(Dance Central Worked but Hole in the wall didnt lol) but i will say Your Shape:Fitness evolved is a BIG SUCCESS

• 1 month later...

What does it matter if the problem is the sensor itself, the fact that no one knows how to make a game that can use it, of the fact that you must have the perfect lighting conditions, perfect feng shui of your living room furniture and be standing on one hand at 47 degrees magnetic north for it to pick up your movements correctly? Its still an utter piece of shit that doesnt work properly.