Kinect is terrible

Chada Darkmane

i at least gave kinect a chance but to be able to use it i had to rearrange the room and stand the sofa on end just to have enough space which was terrible so i thought id check out the voice commands in skyrim for example, still sucked because if i wanted bow and arrow id say bow and arrow and it would pull out the sledge hammer every time so it pretty much made me shout at the xbox and then i just couldnt be bothered with it. if kinect 2.0 is anything like that they better sell it seperate.

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ
spelling mistake

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Not always the case, I couldn't get Sonic Free Riders to work for the life of me :(

Still the game's fault though, not Kinect's.

Me too. I had a shit load of space and tried to configure it many times but it just wouldn't work. Manged to get 10G then sold it..

On topic tho i think kinect is great especially the new one. Having a bigger play space tho does make a huge difference

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a lot of fun with Kinect. Sometimes I'd get frustrated because I thought I was doing exactly what I needed to, but then saw myself on the replay looking like a dummy doing something kind of goofy. Had fun with most Kinect games aside from Leedmees, but that was just a game that I thought I'd like, but just wasn't very fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Little smoother. I only use it for voice commands because it saves time bringing up menus.

that was my big concern. I live in Indiana, and flew my Xbox360 home to leave with the wife, and will buy my One when I'm back in Nebraska for work. My apartment is small, and the microphone pickup on the kinect is bad there. Works fine here at home though....

• 1 month later...

I sadly was also sucked up into the hype. Sold my old xbox a week or so before the tier 3 with kinect came out. It has had its occasional moments of greatness, but so few and far in between. My wife is just about ready to chuck the kinect out the window as any background noise (dishwasher, heater, music in other room) renders using voice impossible. I worked a Game Stop for a holiday period and the hardest part of the job was helping people find a fun game for their kinect capable kinect.

Me: Well, have you tried the sports or adventure game?

Customer: Yep, liked em both. What else do you got?

Me: Do you like dancing, workout or Zumba?

Customer: Nope, won't catch me playing one of those or using it for exercise.

Me: .....

I was really excited for the kinect, having followed it back when it was project Natal. A few of the big games (Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3) tried it out, but it didn't really seem to work or worth keeping around. If it wasn't for the high def kinect video chat, occasional game with siblings/playing drunk with friends or (when it works) voice commands, I would of turned this into a door stop a long time ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The only problem I've had so far (owned it for a few weeks) is that it won't pick up my 2nd player very well.

I can sign in and it allows me to do everything, but the person standing next to me keeps getting booted and the camera can't really pick them up. Doesn't matter if they are right next to me, 6 inches away or 2 feet. I glow brightly and they are barely "on screen."

• 2 weeks later...

so I didn't see anywhere else to post this.... but earlier in the week I realized my Kinect was not working. Saw a red light and some fuzziness in the bottom right corner and then black, now it doesn't work. Any ideas as to why this has happened? And before anybody says anything, I did go thru every possible step to "restore" it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
IMO - I find Kinect Sports Golf to be kind of relaxing. I acknowledge that the controls are baby-ing the player, but its much more acceptable than trying to play any PGA Tour game with your shoulders squared to the TV set.

As a real athlete, I have been getting frustrated with sports games for kinect. The realism is ridiculously poor. I can take my perfect golf or baseball swing and on the kinect, it won't pick up the movement some of the times.

• 4 weeks later...
As a real athlete, I have been getting frustrated with sports games for kinect. The realism is ridiculously poor. I can take my perfect golf or baseball swing and on the kinect, it won't pick up the movement some of the times.

I've seen some of the weirdest throws works best in Kinect Sports bowling.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...