Riptide Bitching Thread

FrozenRaptorz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gripes are plenty for Dead Island:Riptide.

1.The fact that there is only about 5 seconds to revive your partner. My cousin and I(SuNuS) have been trying our best to play through the game but the ridiculous damage that some of the enemies do all but guarantees that one of us is going to get downed and the other won't be able to revive them.

2.The lack of a dotted line navigating me to my objective. The fact that the line shows up when you are 50m or less away from your target is a very strange gameplay design to me. Why do I need a navigation line when I can see my target?

3.Weapon degrading is back and in full force. I hate weapon degrading in games. Call me a puss but I would rather my weapons not break, I find it annoying.

I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Duke Nukem Forever.

Knife throwing insta-kill is horrible. Happens all the time no idea where it came from most of the time. Just boom dead. Also fell through the world once trying to get into a trailer that for some reason wouldn't let me inside. At least I could grab the car battery through the window.

The zombie spawns are pretty fast and usually its infected too so they run 100mph at you and kill you before you turn around.

I also wish the navigation icon showed you dots all the way to the objective instead of having me guessing where to go.

The game says i have 15 health bars for some reason when i die and respawn but it degrades me to 10.

Degrading weapons seem to still degrade pretty fast like the first dead island, especially since there seems to be more zombies in this game.

I really dont like how sprinting, jumping and kicking are all included in your stamina, really wish they would get rid of that.

Wish you couldnt pick up health like fruit and energy drinks when your health is full, i always come back to scavenge items and pick them up by accident.

I had the 2nd mission or so glitch up on me to where i couldnt even further the game, somehow placed the engine on an invisible floating boat icon to get passed it.

When zombies magically throw weapons through walls and you die instantly, happened a lot in the first area, didn't have that problem in Henderson or other places.

Think thats all for now

I rented the game and I can see this game has its glitches, and jiggles. It isn’t as good as the first Dead Island but it has its moments. Those river people bather me a lot and why did they fill up the rivers with these people? Those crazy, screaming runners seem to be a bit quicker this time around. I find the map a bit cramped with too much quest locations over lapping themselves. After 10 hours of play I managed to pick only 3 achievements; this, I find odd.

:rant:

OMG... crybaby alert! :p

Why do you complain about the infected Zombies? Jumpkick & hit them when they are laying at the ground! Or walk backwards, aim the heads and when they are close enough, beat them! If your timing is good enough, you can do a back-jump after you hit your target. Side-jumps are great too and work great when you fight against larger groups of enemies (just hit & jump immediately!). When Infected spawn again and again, you have to leave this area as fast as you can! Climb on cars or roofs, if possible. Don't use knifes or other short-range weapons.

Degrading of weapons is absolutely no problem! There are so much workbenches in DI:Riptide, so I don't see a reason to complain about. Weapon upgrades should improve the durability and I never ran out of money so far!

Stamina problems? Try to perform controled, good timed attacks! Don't flail like a berserker! :D

Really bad are these weapon throwing zombies, I agree. The only thing that sucks is the fact, that sticky bombs didn't work for me and my friend. We can throw modded knifes at enemies but they don't explode! In DI sticky bombs worked very well. Don't know what's going wrong in DI:R.

Sorry for my bad englisch...

Edited by Dark-Raven-77

Completed the game, and these are my thoughts:

-Weapon-throwing zombies-

It's instantaneous and it almost always OHKOs at max health. The weapons they wield are very hard to spot from a distance, and they have barely any charge up time when they throw. I've died numerous times scratching my head because there was one faggot peppered into a crowd and decided to take a cheap shot at me while my attention was diverted to a group of walkers or something. Zombies who can't even climb up 3-ft high boxes somehow possess the precision and speed of a pitch from Randy Johnson. Ridiculous.

-Field of view-

Player FOV is nauseating; feels like my character is wearing horse blinders. Apparently the FOV is set around 63 degrees, and if you're on PC, you change it in the system files, but it fucks with your aiming with gunplay.

-Screamers-

The fact that they incapacitate you with their attack is bullshit. Each time I get 'screamed' I'm usually on the floor where the enemies cannot attack me, or I'm just jumping around like a retard avoiding zombies while covering my ears, making the entire idea pointless. This was a decent concept with shitty execution, to say the least.

-Framerate-

Every time I come around certain areas in Henderson with zombies or killing zombies in the water in the jungle, my FPS dips VERY fast and almost freezes. Although we are playing on 7-year-old hardware, it shouldn't be that fucking hard to optimize a game for consoles before releasing it.

-Main quest override-

Each time I go through a loading cell, whether it's to a Dead Zone or another map, my fucking quest marker switches my active quest to the main quest. I've wasted a lot of time running to one end of the map looking for something for a side quest, only to realize that I'm at the MQ location and the fucking game switched it on me during a loading screen.

-Movement controls-

I can't recall if the movement in the first game was really bad, but it feels like I'm running around ice-skating with Moon Shoes in Riptide. If you're going to balance the game so that players don't outmaneuver the zombies, then make the enemies more dexterous instead of shoving a coke bottle up the player's ass and calling it a day.

-Enemy spawns-

Enemy respawn rates are just dismal. I've had moments where I would reach the dead end of an empty hallway, turn around to loot something, and turn back around only to see a walker who just spawned behind me, already in attack animation. They could've made at least some kind of attempt at masking respawns outside of player FOV.

These were the most prevalent to me off the top of my head, but there's (a lot) more that I don't feel like typing out. This game gets a 5/10 from me, and that's being a bit generous. Techland, you need to fucking step it up.

Edited by Valkynaz

Anyone else having major server issues, we tried playing 3 player co-op last night and no matter what we did one of us was getting dropped (xbox lock up) every 30 seconds or so, if it wasn't my buddy it was me, we tried all three of us hosting as different times, no matter who hosted one of us would get kicked out. It ws basically unplayable last night.

Same here.

This game is unplayable at the moment.

Me and my coop partner have a lot of trouble to play this game longer than 5 minutes together. The host has no problem but the game freezes on the coop partner after a few minutes -.-

Edit:

is this small map the only area in this game?

Or are there more like in the first dead island

(resort->city-> jungle)

Edited by TaiCoon

Same here.

is this small map the only area in this game?

Or are there more like in the first dead island

(resort->city-> jungle)

It's just "Jungle" and Henderson, with a few smaller maps dividing them up to help mask the illusion of disparity.

All this talk about co-op related problems only reinforces my reluctance to play multiplayer.

It's just "Jungle" and Henderson, with a few smaller maps dividing them up to help mask the illusion of disparity.

All this talk about co-op related problems only reinforces my reluctance to play multiplayer.

I hope this is a joke but i bet it is not.

Jez, i cant believe that i paid 50€ for this short an small game!

i am glad that i have not preorded the zombie bait edition.

This game is a total rip off... Damn! :(

I hope this is a joke but i bet it is not.

Jez, i cant believe that i paid 50€ for this short an small game!

i am glad that i have not preorded the zombie bait edition.

This game is a total rip off... Damn! :(

Absolutely agree that this game is a rip off.

They had to have known how incredibly broken the game was before they released and they made a decision to release it anyway. I am upset with myself for buying it. Somehow, despite being the same exact same formula as the original Dead Island it is nowhere near as fun, not even in co op. The only good thing I can say about Dead Island:Riptide is that it will get me some trade credit toward Fuse or The Last Of Us

Edited by binkyspankums

Game freezes ticks me off the most - stuck on Saving Holy Man - the game freezes at 3 points:

Solo / Co-op - at the assignment of the mission during the talking bit, just as he is about to let me on my way the game freezes

Co-op - just about as the door to where he is at opens, the game freezes (only available if I join a game after the issue above)

Co-op - after all the zombies / boss is dead, and Morgan starts to talk, the game freezes (only available if I join a game after the issues above)

Therefore, I am stuck - if I join a game after this mission (Where the Dead Walk?) it states that progress will not be saved

Deleting DLC, Update, Clear Cache - these do not work

I suppose I have two options - wait until a patch (may be a long time)

or restart and lose all mission / collectible progress (19 missions, 11 collectibles) - i may just restart - just really irritated as I did not dupe weapons and do anything that may have forced this glitch

Online, no one else seems to have it freeze at the same point (common point seems to be in the tunnel defense)

I just finished everything except the coop stuff, and I loved the game, it was tons better than Dead Island. Once again I never came across any major glitches, I think some people are too quick to jump on the glitch bandwagon these days when 9 times out of 10 it's user error.

For example, using the dupe exploit causes all kinds of problems, yet people still do it, and then moan at DS saying their games broke, when in fact, it really is not that glitchy.

I just finished everything except the coop stuff, and I loved the game, it was tons better than Dead Island. Once again I never came across any major glitches, I think some people are too quick to jump on the glitch bandwagon these days when 9 times out of 10 it's user error.

For example, using the dupe exploit causes all kinds of problems, yet people still do it, and then moan at DS saying their games broke, when in fact, it really is not that glitchy.

some people experience the bugs and glitches, some dupe, some don't. I don't believe 9 times out of 10 it's user error. I believe this game is a broken mess and they released it knowing that it's a broken mess.

I played the entire game in co-op, including all missions and named bosses and was screwed out of 3 achievements for my effort. There was zero user error involved.

Achiever - All quests completed, didn't unlock

Dream Team - All main quests completed in co-op, didn't unlock

Hunter Seeker - All named enemies killed, didn't unlock

All 3 unlocked for my co-op partner but not for me. We never played solo at all and we even compared quest lists afterwards. All quests matched up perfectly.

If you managed to get through the game without any bugs, glitches or achievement issues then consider yourself lucky. Don't be "lucky" and then tell those of us who were affected that it was our own fault. :)

At least this was just a rental for me.

Edited by SuNuS

No..I'm speaking in general, I see people cry glitch all the time on many games, I've played many many games on 360 and very rarely hit any big glitches, I just don't get why everyone else seems to.

Regarding Coop...I have not played very much of it at all, if it's as bad as everyone says regarding disconnects and freezes I'll find out this weekend lol.

Fuck sake, damn game froze on my three times now and everytime when I killed the very last enemy during the STALWART DEFENSE mission at Santa Maria.

This shit is forcing the save-files to get corrupted!

This. I cannot get past this part due to freezing everytime. I hate having to turn my console off and on for the 20th time now. Doesn't work in either single player or co-op. It's become unplayable unless they release a patch..

What confuses me is how this has not affected everybody else with this problem.

EDIT: 02/05/13

I've restarted the game over from the beginning unwillingly as I had put 17 hours into it before getting to a dead end. But yeah, this has allowed me to get past the inpassible. What's odd is that I didn't do anything differently than before. So should you encounter this error, starting a new game (with same character level) works.

Edited by Evrae