Kinect for exercise, weight loss

Destro

Hi, i had a subscription to a martial art gym, and it costed me 90$ a month... i tough it was a bit too expensive and the gym didn't had much weight lift device or such, no training bikes and stuff like that. The free training spots where also hard to use, as there was always something at the same time in the main room and you couldn't use much space.

But it is great for martial arts courses. So i decided to use there other subscription way and pay 100$ for 12 courses. I LOVE KALI and im planning on continuing for a while, but i wasn't much anymore into Muay Thai(the place speciality) so lets just say now i pretty much payed 100 buck for 3 months instead of 1.

So i looked to get a subcription in a regular gym , but it was all kinda expensive too, as i would go maybe 1 or 2 times a week, so i decided why could i just not do it at home myself and ... earn achievements at the same time... :woop:

I got a Kinect and UFC trainer... so far the game is good, but im having a bit of problems for excersise that require you to go on the ground... first i don't have a mat so its a little hard and not confortable and my room is a bit small for this. The stand up seem to recognize rather well, but the ground not always. Also where i live its kinda old, and im on the 4th floor, everytime the game ask me to jump or whatever... lets just say im making way too much noise and i guess it aint fun for the people downstairs...

So with that in mind, lets say i will keep playing this game as much as i can, while im here(3 months remaining) and where im going i think ill be able to play it a bit more as ill be in basement with more space.

But during that time, wich game should i get for exercise? Games that don't require you to jump too much or use ground feature... I know there is a lot of them, so i would like to know wich one are best.

Also i was interest on rise of nightmare, you guys would recomand it?

I REALLY don't like dance music, so i guess the dance game are just out of the picture for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Fruit Ninja is not only, incredibly fun, but it's a great workout on your arms and upper body and once you start really going for high scores, it will have you sweating and panting like crazy. Obviously, real exercise is the best, but this game really gives you a bit of a workout. My arms and upper body were sore for several days, after playing this for only a half hour, and I'm not in too bad of shape. LOL! :Bounce:

I'm pretty sure it's only like, 400MSP too, on Live Arcade.

Edited by MrEastSide

Kinect is great for weight loss i lost about 4 stone trying to get all achievements in kinect adventures and dance central (but i suck at DC pretty hard) and its great fun too i love my kinect cause of how fit it made me i was quite the fat kid before.

I really doubt this. ps: I am only skin and bones anyway.

Yea it didnt really tone my body but it did help me lose weight but i havent used my kinect in ages but i reckon if i carried on i could of got toned.

but unless i put on weight im pretty much okay with my body as it is.

• 1 month later...

I've played Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and Dance Central all of which are great for flexiblilty mainly kinect adventues for me the real workout came from the boxing and track and field parts as they really make you feel the burn!

Also i've recently turned my spare room into a gym and will be including kinect into as i have the 3 games mentioned above and now UFC trainer i'm also considering Nike for Kinect as well as i've heard a lot of good things about it.

Of all the training games I've played and I have played a lot of them I would say adidas miCoach is the best if going by workout routines. Also haven't really had any special issues with floor tracking as with other games, beside EA Sports Active 2 where they disabled floor tracking but you still have workouts to follow. But I didn't feel I got as good full body workout there as I do in miCoach.

I never danced before kinect and refuse to do it anywhere else but if you haven't tried Dance Central/Just Dance yet atleast give it a try. I've grown to love the games, recommend Dance Central of the two.

Rise of Nightmares was an early title so it has its flaws and doesn't do anything for workout really, more of a passive game. But if you're into horror you should check it out. The more kinect games you play the better.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...