Does your character actually level up?

DROGTURIST

I feel like the game is pretty damn vague on this point. Does your character's abilities improve as you level up?

There are those (even more) vague icons on the stat screen after beating a level, but what the hell do they mean? Are those supposed to indicate that my character got better in different categories? What's the difference between a bicep with a plus and a bicep with an arrow pointing up? I just had one with the icon of an UZI, saying "x5" on it. x5 what?

Edit: To clarify, I do of course know that I unlock new items and stuff with the leveling up, but does my guy's defense/attack/whatever rise as well?

Edited by DROGTURIST

I finally figured out what the stat screen icons mean; arrow icon means you unlocked a weapon (SMG icon) or an ability (bicep icon), plus icon means you unlocked more upgrades for each category, clothes icon means more clothes and the first one is for ranking up. That was confusing and obtuse...

So, yeah, no character upgrading. That sucks. I hope some of the later weapons are better with upgrades than they are without, because everything above the assault rifle really sucks when I get the 'Dice' test of faith. :(

I finally figured out what the stat screen icons mean; arrow icon means you unlocked a weapon (SMG icon) or an ability (bicep icon), plus icon means you unlocked more upgrades for each category, clothes icon means more clothes and the first one is for ranking up. That was confusing and obtuse...

So, yeah, no character upgrading. That sucks. I hope some of the later weapons are better with upgrades than they are without, because everything above the assault rifle really sucks when I get the 'Dice' test of faith. :(

Use a fully upgraded SMG. That thing tears through enemies fast. I can pull 200+ kills and no deaths easy in a maze.