How can NRS mess up ranked so badly... again.

conel33

I know it's not related to an achievement but the ranking system in this game is so bad it is unreal. The leaderboards are bad enough as it is. Only being able to look at the top 100 and it being based on just wins, not taking losses into consideration at all.

The fact that the leaderboards are done so terribly wouldn't be so bad if the stats weren't so inaccurate. It's embarrassing that wins and losses when disconnects are involved is still being a problem in fighting games. It's 2013, seriously how do they not understand yet? If you quit the match you should get a loss and the opponent should get a win, end of. In this if your opponent rage quits not only does it not give them a loss or you a win it actually often gives you a loss for being quit on.

I've had the same guy who's top of the leaderboards rage quit on me about 20 times in a row because he can't win and is still able to have a win/loss record that's about 90% wins.

So basically in this game if you come up against someone with loads of wins and no losses they are probably terrible. And if you come up against someone with similar wins to losses they will probably be good.

The leaderboards were bad in Mortal Kombat but I just don't understand how they could get it so wrong again.

People are just bitches.:)

I can understand if you run into a spammer and quit out of it.

But actually try to fight and quit out,no.

That's just being a bitch.

That's why i rarely play ranked.

I've only done 1 ranked match on this game and it was for the achivement.

And i have to win 9 more.

Knowing that there are going to be Deathstroke spammer,Solomon Grundy's and Green Lantern's.

Im not sure what other character you can spam with,but apparently Superman too.:confused:

I did not play ranked at all in MK9.

I skiped all those achivements.

With a match by just grabbing?

With a match by time out?

These achivements were just making people get mad at you and just send you an inbox on Xbox calling you a bitch.

ATLEAST you can do those in single matches by yourself in this game.

Ranked in fighting games there will always be bitches and spammers.

I remember alot of this in Street Fighter 4 the original.

And if you actually run into a spammer AND you know they are and spam them back,they turn into bitches and back out.

Irony.;)

I agree 100% with you. My record last night was 1-7 and I was being paired with people who were 98-40. Some were good, some were bad. The point is, that's not even fair for someone who just got into ranked matches to be paired with someone who has played 130 ranked matches total.

Eh, whatever. After I win my last 7 games and get the achievement, I'll probably stick to KoTH Player matches.

I'm actually doing better on ranked than any other mode so far. The only character I have a lot of trouble playing against is green lantern. Aquaman is not too great either but I can usually beat him.

Are ranked matches paired up by the players stats or that true skill thing? Cause I've played the same guy about 7 times today.

i only managed to successfully complete 3 ranked matches (won 1). Came close a few times or they were beating me when suddenly "Match desynchronized."

Though I cycled my router and all was good again. however, I'm still not very good.

Leaderboards in general are in my opinion, one of the worst things to happen to gaming this generation. If you take away leaderboards people wouldn't be so anxious to cheat and find ways around having bad records. Every fighting game on the market that has leaderboards has people who ragequit to preserve their records on top. I remember when SF4 came out the same guy had three different accounts up at the top, one of them supposedly being his girlfriend, lol.

Honestly though, it shouldn't be considered that big of a problem. Most people that take games seriously and are actually good know that online doesn't really matter. Being #1 on an online leaderboard doesn't get you anything. I also think it's kind of lame when people complain about being matched with someone with better records or anything like that. Fighting game devs have never cared about this because if you were to go to a tournament, you get matched with whoever. It's your job to be capable if you're going to play, so who they throw in front of you shouldn't be an issue. If they're better than you, it just means you have to get better.

They need to implement a penalty for quitters on ranked matches. Maybe if you quit, you can't play ranked for one hour, or negative XP. I wanted to play ranked this morning and have a little fun before work. I had time for three fights, two of which rage quit.

It's frustrating, and it ruins my stats as I complete the ones that I lose, but can't seem to keep anyone on while I'm winning.

Ranked is for real gamers, these quitters are just punks...:uzi:

I understand how annoying it is to have someone rage quit. I suck really bad at this game, don't mind admitting it. I tried to go for just the 1 ranked win today (first time trying ranked) and I got my butt kicked in the first two matches by people that had 200+ wins and good true skill rank while I'm 0-0. Then I get matched up with someone that is 2-7. I'm thinking maybe I might have a chance in this one. I proceed to dominate the match with most all my health and him down to halfway on his second bar, and then he disconnects. UGH. So disappointing. So I try 1 more and the guy spams Deathstroke on me nonstop, the whole time shit talking me incessantly which is even more frustrating.

I guess it's safe to say I'm through trying ranked. I get destroyed by spamming and then I feel if I ever did get the upper hand, the person would just quit on me anyways. I don't quit ever, even if I'm getting beat embarrassingly.

Edited by rockhopper

It's not so much the leaderboards being cheated by other people that annoys me but the fact that the stats are incorrect. Having a leaderboard and stats gives you something to play for and makes losing a bigger deal which ultimately makes you try harder and improve and just brings more fun to the game in my opinion.

The fact that you can cheat the system by rage quitting just means that more people will do it. I'm getting tired of getting matched up against HATE IS MY FUEL who has over 1000 wins and about 200 losses and yet is terrible. I win every single time but he just quits when he's going to lose preventing me from getting a win and himself from getting a loss. It's just boring knowing as soon as I get matched up against him that I'm almost guaranteed not to get a win out of it even though I'm much better than he is at the game.

It's to the point now where I can't go a few matches without someone rage quitting.

They need to implement a penalty for quitters on ranked matches. Maybe if you quit, you can't play ranked for one hour, or negative XP. I wanted to play ranked this morning and have a little fun before work. I had time for three fights, two of which rage quit.

It's frustrating, and it ruins my stats as I complete the ones that I lose, but can't seem to keep anyone on while I'm winning.

Ranked is for real gamers, these quitters are just punks...:uzi:

All it even needs is a loss for the quitter and a win for the player who didn't quit. I'm not a programmer but surely that isn't a difficult thing to programme into a game. Ranked is completely random so you can't boost it by just quitting out so I don't see why they wouldn't just do it like that.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's been a fighting game this generation that gave a loss to the player who ragequit and a win to the one who didn't. I'm sure this is to prevent people from getting stats messed up from legit disconnects but honestly, I wouldn't cater to those players if I was a developer. Sounds harsh but that's just my stance.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this topic but there's also currently a bug in the game that will sometimes give the player who got quit on a loss as well. Big reason why I'm not playing much ranked.

I heard they hotfixed this problem, but I have no idea. It would be nice if they did something like Blazblue, where if you disconnect too often, they just banned your account. At least, I think they did that.

Although I know they also disconnect you if your internet slows down for too long.