xLCDx

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a lot of fear going for this achievement and it seems like there was still a lot of confusion and conflicting statements on this one adding to my fears that I screwed it up. Even after reading hundreds of posts I wasn't sure if I was screwed or not but here's exactly How my unlocking this achievement played out if it alleviates any other gamers fears great! For starters I went for this legit.

I played offline. Did not have patch/update installed. Played all the way to end of Arcadia level without reading that there were issues with achievement. Died roughly 5-10 times between start and Arcadia (esp. facing first two BDs). Once I appears in VITA I never hit the "A" button to respawn. I always immediately loaded up a save file. Then I installed the update and played all the way to Olympus without dying at all. Then I reinstalled the DLC because I had the glitch where it wouldn't let me turn off VITAS. Now I disabled VITAS at Olympus. Played to the end. Achievement POPPED. Many gamers said they loaded save and killed Atlas and it popped and they prolly didn't have the update until they did this since they came out at same time. Gamers have said that they died but loaded saves and it didn't pop for them so my opinion is either

a) the update/patch starts logging/tracking whether you die and appear in a VITA or

b) physically pressing the "A" button once in the VITA and then attempting to load a save

is what's screwing ya. 5 years in the making and this game is finally DONE! Whoo!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the achievement glitch is still working?

EDIT: I have confirmed the achievement glitch still works.

1. Start the game on easy.
  2. If you don't have the "Disable Vita Chambers" option, then download the DLC again from a DIFFERENT Xbox Live connected account. However, it doesn't matter if you download the DLC again at the very beginning of a new game or before you defeat Fontaine.
  3. Once you're on the last vial and it's halfway drained:
    • Hit start
    • Go straight down to the difficulty level
    • GO LEFT to Hard
    • DO NOT PRESS B. PRESS START.

Done. Brass Balls Unlocked.

Verified 10/01/13.

Edited by Kaleptik

• 3 weeks later...

2. If you don't have the "Disable Vita Chambers" option, then download the DLC again from a DIFFERENT Xbox Live connected account. However, it doesn't matter if you download the DLC again at the very beginning of a new game or before you defeat Fontaine.
    • Hit start
    • GO LEFT to Hard

Verified 10/01/13.

I am totally going to try this!! One question: Does this unlock the Seriously Good at This achievement as well?

EDIT: I can also confirm this glitch works and unlocks both achievements! Thank you SO much for posting! Saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Edited by mrssmith626

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• Hit start
    • GO LEFT to Hard

Verified 10/01/13.

Thank you so much for the help. Would have gotten brass balls years ago, but I had no idea how to get the vita chambers working again after I transferred my hard drive to a new xbox. I must say the difficulty glitch worked wonders as I was able to enjoy this game one last time; instead of throwing my controller into the wall. Finally I can put this game down after having it since its release date.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i got the game a year ago and i would love to complete the game but this achievement seems to be a part of a dlc that is free, the problem is that i can not download that dlc.(maybe because im not from U.S.A) is there a chance to get the achievement without that dlc?

• 7 months later...

I'm just posting something to unlock my account. Fingers crossed. :) p.s. Bioshock is a great game. Storys and quirks with games like this and Prey are what keep me coming back to FPS games (I'm all about RPG's...)

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help me find one of the original walkthrough video series for "brass balls" that was so helpful and descriptive? It's probably been close to ten years (and may not even exist anymore), but the guy who did it was really good and I'd like to use it again for the remastered playthrough. I can't remember his name or really much else except that he started a walkthrough for 2 and never seemed to finish it. I've searched on YouTube, but there are so many different ones now that it's like the proverbial needle/haystack. Thanks in advance!

**MORE INFO - He focused solely on a melee build in regards to strategy**

**FOUND - MacTiddy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZSDj4wMB6bvaAnwNmFX-Jg **

Edited by SweetBlackMagic