Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

xLCDx

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got brass balls, and man are they heavy! Anybody found any good underwear to support brass balls? I'm a boxer guy, but I might have to switch to tighty-whities! Oh yeah, I got the achievement with vita chambers turned on - obviously I didn't use them, but they were on! I did get revived in the chambers several times, but I simply reloaded a previous save... Just my two cents!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I know a lot of people have asked this, but I've seen so many conflicting answers that I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get a definitive answer. I recently started playing again on hard but I didn't download the content to turn off the vita chambers until I was a couple hours in. I also died a couple of times but I was wise enough to save it before I died and reloaded the game. I am not playing a game save in which I have died in. In a previous post I saw that the game save is ruined and I can't get the acheivement. Is it possible for the whole game save to be ruined just because I died and then reloaded? That doesn't make any sense. I just got into Arcadia and I wanted to make sure I'm not screwed before I waste my time and play through the whole game. Any help would be much appreciated

Ok, so I know a lot of people have asked this, but I've seen so many conflicting answers that I wanted to ask for myself and maybe get a definitive answer.

I don't think there is a definitive answer. There are a lot of people in this thread saying that they got the achievement without disabling vita chambers, so it's definitely possible. However, several are claiming that leaving chambers on and reloading saves messed up their save file and they didn't get the achievement. So it's one of two possibilities:

- Either the people who didn't get the achivement are mistaken and they actually did use a vita chamber on their save at some point

- Or it's glitchy and doesn't always affect everyone the same way.

Am I screwed if I didn't download the DLC for the disable option before I started playing on hard? I went through the Medical Pavilion before I even downloaded it.

As long as you got the title update, you are okay.

So essentially if you've gotten all the other achievements when you start again then just go directly to the goal and not deal with anything in your way while going for Brass Balls along with the other tips?

Yeah you could do that, just kill the final enemy and don't die.

I'd like to point out that having just completed the game with 1000/1000, not ONE guide, FAQ, or sticky on this damn forum took the courtesy to point out the following:

1. The Ryan Industries DLC contains the extra 100GP. (Sorry, but that name is fucking ambiguous as hell, and took me a while to realize that it is DLC and NOT something mundane like a trailer, theme, etc.)

2. You can die in the game, reload to your last save, and still get the achievement. As long as you do NOT continue playing after you die, and instead reload, you will be fine. (You do not have to exit to the title screen).

3. As long as you follow #2, you can play the entire game all the way to Atlas, download the DLC, disable Vita-Chambers, kill Atlas, and get the extra 100GP.

I was pretty pissed that first, there isn't any mention of the DLC, and activating it, in any of the primary guides in the forums. Secondly, I was even more pissed that it took so long to wade through all the arguing and bullshit to which witchcraft ritual involving Vita-Chambers actually netted the achievement, so far deep into the forums that I had to roll through 10 threads just to get a straight answer.

Seriously, somebody edit the guides to point this shit out. It'll save a lot of gamers the frustration.

~HotShotX

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I also did not get the DLC until after starting a new game on hard difficulty. When I died, I simply loaded a previous save. After getting the DLC, I disabled the Vita-Chambers, and continued loading previous saves after deaths. I finished the game on hard today, and got the Brass Balls achievement.

To all who have insisted on disabling the Vita-Chambers, I would like to report that from my experience, this is nice to do, but not necessary. If you did not disable the chambers and did not get the achievement, I submit to you that your HD or content is corrupted, or you did not accomplish the achievement "to the letter of the law."

Repeat, you DO NOT NEED TO DISABLE VITA-CHAMBERS TO GET BRASS BALLS. Just make sure that you have a previous, non respawning save to load when you die.

Feel free to check my stats if you don't believe me.

On an additional note, the key to getting this achievement is SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Whoever said to abuse the save feature was absolutely right. Save after EVERYTHING.

For all Big Daddy skirmishes, plan them out ahead of time, especially the first few when you don't have the benefit of the Grenade Launcher. Make use of hacked turrets and cameras, and once you have the launcher, put out a few mines along the path you want them to follow. If you already have the achievment for all tonics, I recommend investing Adam in Health and Eve upgrades.

Also, as for the DLC, I found the Sonic Boom plasmids to be very useful, particularly against Bouncers. Against splicers, it knocks them backwards until they hit the nearest wall. With Bouncers, it stops them cold in their tracks when they charge you.

Hope this helps.

I'm having trouble On the last boss, Any advice?

Have you used all your grenades on him? Use target dummy if you have it, use security bullseye on him and enrage on the splicers. Use electric gel when out of grenades, electric buck when out of gel, and incindary bolts when out of shells. If he is still alive, improve your aim, stop shooting your feet.

O.k, I'm having a weird problem with this Achivement and was wondering whether any of you could shed some light on the issue.

I started a hard playthrough the other day with the intention of not only unlocking the Brass Balls achivement bu also a few others that I still need to get. The only problem was that I had no idea that I had to disable the Viti Chambers for it to unlock. So I went into my options menu and found that I didn't have the option there to do so. I said an expletive, deleted my 360s Cache then tried again, it worked!

Then I played a little, went to my Dashboard, restarted the game, had a look to see if it was there and found that it's gone again. What the hell is going on here!?

One minute it's there, the next it's gone. I've pretty much realised that this playthrough I'm on will not produce the BB achievment, but I'd like to think I have the choice somehere down the line to get it. The damn option doesn't even show up when I start a whole new game!

A little help anyone?

O.k, I'm having a weird problem with this Achivement and was wondering whether any of you could shed some light on the issue.

I started a hard playthrough the other day with the intention of not only unlocking the Brass Balls achivement bu also a few others that I still need to get. The only problem was that I had no idea that I had to disable the Viti Chambers for it to unlock. So I went into my options menu and found that I didn't have the option there to do so. I said an expletive, deleted my 360s Cache then tried again, it worked!

Then I played a little, went to my Dashboard, restarted the game, had a look to see if it was there and found that it's gone again. What the hell is going on here!?

One minute it's there, the next it's gone. I've pretty much realised that this playthrough I'm on will not produce the BB achievment, but I'd like to think I have the choice somehere down the line to get it. The damn option doesn't even show up when I start a whole new game!

A little help anyone?

You can get the achievement with the vita chambers on (i did it with them on, i dont even remember finding the option, or looking for it), i dont know whats up with that option, but its not needed, if you have the update and the dlc, you are good to go... Just load it yourself when you die (save often).

Seriously i have answered this like a billion times.

yup you dont really need to turn it off. If you die and respawn in the vita chamber, just reload your last save game.

I just completed this on one play through, got 1080GS...missed out on the PHD research, didn't get enough research for the security camera :(

Will play this again on easy so i can burn through it within couple of hours.

Thanks for the guide I am working on this now. I am turning vita chambers OFF I do not want to take any chances. This is the only achievement that I need and I do not want to mess it up.

same here bro. I don't want to waste all that time for nothing.

How many big daddies did yall kill while going through this? I've only killed 1 and I'm at Fort Frolic.

I killed several. I died a lot, too...

Uhm, I got every Little Sister, and there were quite a few times when I just smacked one around for the cash. I'd guess that I killed Daddies for the money maybe... six times or so. Plus all the Little Sisters. How many is that?

I killed several. I died a lot, too...

Uhm, I got every Little Sister, and there were quite a few times when I just smacked one around for the cash. I'd guess that I killed Daddies for the money maybe... six times or so. Plus all the Little Sisters. How many is that?

I dono too many for me to count. I don't know how many I will end up killing. I've just been flying through the game. I've been playing for a couple hours and I'm at the mid point. I guess once I get some more good ammo I'll try and kill them for the ADAM.

Hey,

I am going through the game now and I think I may have screwed myself for this achievement. I don't ever remember actually instead I would just reload my last save as soon as I died (I followed the earlier people saying that you did not have to disable vita chambers just keep reloading saves because ythe loading times are much shorter). In fact, everytime I would die it would say "you are being revived in a vita chamber" which indicated to me that it was my first time in there. All of a sudden, I am in neptune bounty's end just about to fight wilkins and when I die I just revive ina chamber without the message. Is this me just being paranoid or does the message no longer appearing indicate that the game thinks i have died at least once and my brass balls run through is screwed? I hope not...