Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

xLCDx

So I replayed everything on hard but there was no option to turn vita chambers off (I downloaded the new content, the achievement is blank in my profile and I have the downloadable plasmids). I died a couple of times throughout the game but always reloaded saves as soon as I died. I just killed Atlas and no achievement unlocked. Anyone?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I replayed everything on hard but there was no option to turn vita chambers off (I downloaded the new content, the achievement is blank in my profile and I have the downloadable plasmids). I died a couple of times throughout the game but always reloaded saves as soon as I died. I just killed Atlas and no achievement unlocked. Anyone?

i answered your question in the thread that you made... i think what i said is correct but im not positive

Really, the first few big daddies are the hardest part of the game because your weapons are so weak at that point, but just save all of your good ammo and stuff for them, electro shock them whenever possible, etc.

As for general strategy, Its been awhile, but I basically just used my electro-shock plasmid and wrench whenever possible (insta-kill all splicers until fairly late in the game, and even then it works wonders) thus saving all my ammo for the big daddies.

I also saved all Little sisters on that playthrough, and found the gifts to add up to equal to if not more than the ADAM you get from harvesting (Havent done the math).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I posted this in another thread but just in case someone misses it, if the "Disable vita chambers" option is not available and you want it back (I didn't have it and didn't get the achievement) then do this.

1. Delete the DLC. (I also cleared the cache just in case)

2. Use another Xbox Live account to download the DLC again (A silver account can do this since the content is free).

3. Once the other account has finished downloading the DLC go back to your old profile and start up Bioshock and you should now have the Disable Vitachambers option.

Unfortunately this doesn´t work for me....:mad:

i did everything.....

dld DLC -> start the game... no option

deleted DLC -> dld DLC again from addon section -> start the game...no option

deleted DLC -> cleared cache -> dld DLC -> cleared cache -> start the game -> update the game from XBL.... no option

del DLC cleared cache -> switched account -> dld DLC -> cleared cache -> switched back to main account -> start the game -> update the game from XBL.... no option...

i also got xxx/1000 so the BB achievment doesn´t show up even though the game updates automatically via XBL update ( this is what is supposed to be the title update right?) i do not really care about the option, i just want to have the damn achievement in my list in order to get it.

i think i´m giving up :uzi:

could it be a version issue?

Edited by hyyuga

Afaik the in-game language depends on the language settings on you 360.

I don't know for sure but the german version should at least have english audio and subtitles.

If you are going for the brass balls you might have to create a german live account too to download the plasmid pack from the german marketplace.

I am currently playing the austrian version of the game and I had to download the plasmid pack from the austrian marketplace since the german plasmid pack didn't work with my version of the game.

FKING THANKS ... this solved my problem

now this was a version issue indeed.. had to create a netherland live account to make it compatible to the uncut netherlands version.... WTF

I have the plasmids downloaded and I have been loading saves as I die so that I don't get into trouble with the vita chambers. I have no option to turn them off in my options menu. I thought I might be retarded but it is no where to be found. I am already at the end of Hephaestus so I am going to go ahead and finish the game. I will let u know if the achievement unlocks.

I know I have the plasmids/tonics bc I have bought them in game, you cant miss *DOWNLOADED* next to the name and "paying" 1 ADAM for them.

*EDIT UPDATE*

I downloaded the Content and I still have no Option for turning off Vita Chambers. I Updated the game and still have no such option. I beat it this morning and I did not get the achievement.

I am going to try and RE download the DLC and try it if still no option I will clear all updates for bioshock and try it before and after the update. If STILL no option then there is no hope for me getting this achievement.

*UPDATE 2*

I tried clearing my cache and redownloading the plasmids. I tried with and without updating and I even started a new game and I still have no F&^KING option for "Disable Vita Chambers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so pissed about this because I already had 1000/1000 going into this game and after beating it without using a single chamber, I didn't get it. I'll keep checking around the net for answers, Im not beating it again until I KNOW I will get it.

*FINAL UPDATE*

I found this (must've overlooked it the first time sifting through the forums). I reloaded my save at the Fontaine fight, turned off Vita Chambers (finally that fucking option appeared) beat him and got it right after the death speech.

Originally Posted by Patches709 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

Hey guys I posted this in another thread but just in case someone misses it, if the "Disable vita chambers" option is not available and you want it back (I didn't have it and didn't get the achievement) then do this.

1. Delete the DLC. (I also cleared the cache just in case)

2. Use another Xbox Live account to download the DLC again (A silver account can do this since the content is free).

3. Once the other account has finished downloading the DLC go back to your old profile and start up Bioshock and you should now have the Disable Vitachambers option.

Edited by shiningcheese
UPDATE 1, 2, FINAL

I have finally got this achievement. If the disable vita-chamber option is not appearing for you, look at the post above and download the DLC with a silver account. This works, I tried everything for this achievement and it worked after I downloaded the extra content for a silver profile! Credit goes to Patches709! thanks mate!

Edited by tremberz

Just a repeat for anyone who thinks reloading saves after you die will still get you the acheivement:

I havent downloaded the DLC and just completed the game and was reloading once i died, i did not however get the acheivement. Some people are saying that simply reloading saves worked for them but i just want to clarify that it doesn't work for everyone so beware (it may work after you download the extra content)

Just a repeat for anyone who thinks reloading saves after you die will still get you the acheivement:

I havent downloaded the DLC and just completed the game and was reloading once i died, i did not however get the acheivement. Some people are saying that simply reloading saves worked for them but i just want to clarify that it doesn't work for everyone so beware (it may work after you download the extra content)

You havent downloaded the dlc and you expected the achievement to unlock??? as far as i know you need the update and the dlc to get the achievement... and i never disabled vita chamber i just loaded my save, got the achievement.

I downloaded the extra content and started a game - on hard - before it was finished downloading (didn't know it at the time). Did not have the option to disable vita chamber. Quit that game and started another - same thing. Quite and went to my dashboard. Restarted the game and was able to disable the vita chamber - no probs.

Who cares if you play through with it on? If it works for you fine - if not do you really want to take that chance? I didn't - mine are disabled. Only three more achievements and this game is finished!! (Missed on of the first two diaries on the first play through)

• 3 weeks later...

i launched the game for the first time in a week orso and loaded a save that i was trying to get the brass balls achievement with so i disabled the vitachambers before.

i died and i respawned in a friggin vita chamber so i check my options and the damn option to turn of vita chambers disapeared. now my entire save is f*cked.

i don't have the regular finish the game on hard achievement but i really don't feel like finishing this game en than finishing it again

Is it necessary to defeat all the big daddies in order to be able to beat Atlas at the end?

No its not necessary, nor do you have to save/harvest all Little Sisters. However the Adam you get will come in very useful along the way as far as Plasmids, Tonics, and Health/Eve Upgrades. If you are playing on hard then you definitely want to deal with all little sisters.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like every page of this thread has conflicting reports about the vita chamber thing. Some say you can just load your previous save, others say it corrupts the file.

I only ask because I just picked up my Brass Balls run after a few weeks of no play and died. I'm 110% sure I disabled vita-chambers the last time I played, but they were on now, and I died. It's fucking retarded.

So I'm just curious if the game screwed me over here

For those asking whether to SAVE or HARVEST Little Sisters:

You do get more ADAM when you harvest them, but when you save them, for every three saved, they leave you a gift. Which is something that may come in handy.

I don't think it should really effect you either way, if you just need health upgrades, I would just go for the extra ADAM.

Personal choice though.

I was wondering....would I be better served to harvest or to rescue all the little sisters on this run?

I had heard that harvesting the little sisters gives you much more adam, although the gifts for rescuing them are a good make up for it too.

For the record, I'm still on my first play through...and I'm rescuing every little sister on this normal run. The next run would be for the Brass Balls, of course.

From what I remember, all you get from rescuing them is a few plasmids and a fraction of the extra Adam you get from harvesting. I'd say harvest them--as I am doing right now--and spend the extra adam on health upgrades, offensive plasmids, and maybe extra slots. Be prepared, however, the big daddies on the hard difficulty are actually really HARD!

Just got this last night...was nervous, but after the final cutscene I got the "2 for 140" pop up :)

I followed "MacTiddy's" suggestions on the YouTube walkthrough, which are summarized below. If you get stuck, seek out his vids on YouTube.

I disabled Vita Chambers, which made it much easier to just hit "Continue" when I died (loads your previous save). The first few Big Daddies are definitely the toughest...the ones in the "fisheries" area are rough. However, after your Health and Eve upgrades start piling up, things get easier. Also, the biggest difference for me was the amount of Eve a single plasmid shot takes...in the early stages you only have two before you need to refill. So be sure you aim correctly and use them sparingly in the beginning.

Since the wrench is your main weapon, be sure to STACK your tonics for more effect. In other words, you can use Wrench Jockey and Wrench Jockey 2 at the SAME TIME. Huge difference. Same thing for Sport Boost. Also, be sure you get all the tonics that enhance the electrical weapons (this includes your Electro Bolt, Electric Gel, and Trap Bolts). Toward the end of the game, you can take out a Big Daddy using only 5 Trap Bolts if you get your tonics in order.

I saved all the Little Sisters for this run...I did the math and you don't gain that much more from harvesting (if there are 3 LS in a level then saving would get you 440, while harvesting will get you 480). Besides...you will most likely have a ton left over anyway since you really narrow your focus to the wrench and damage enhancements. Plus the "Hypnotize Big Daddy" plasmid comes in handy when trying to hold off the splicers outside "tree lady's" office...lol. I think there is one other rally useful tonic that you can only get from saving them, but can't remember what it is right now.

I was "save crazy" during the first few levels, but only saved about 5 times per level toward the end. Be sure to MAX OUT your research for all enemies and LS...it REALLY adds up when playing on hard. And the extra Health and Eve you get from the LS research will be needed.

Finally, Atlas is CAKE using Electric Gel on the first two "lives" and then switching to Heat Seeking RPG and Exploding Buck. You can use Target Dummy if you want, but I didn't need it...and never paid attention to the other splicers and bots...I just kept refilling my health and chasing him down.

Good luck to everyone going for it!!!

Edited by SweetBlackMagic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...