Bitching Thread

tripleb2k

Just realised there's no Yokohama in this game? Wtf..they just shouldn't have bothered with drift events at all then. :(

Took you a while :biglaugh. Anyway the Okutama circuit is more important :p. If you want more Yokohama, get Dirt Showdown if you haven't already (presumably you have though). There's a whole compound full of challenges (just like Battersea in D3, which is also in Showdown). Unfortunately, that's about the only thing I can recommend the game on but it's <£10 so hey-ho.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took you a while :biglaugh. Anyway the Okutama circuit is more important :p. If you want more Yokohama, get Dirt Showdown if you haven't already (presumably you have though). There's a whole compound full of challenges (just like Battersea in D3, which is also in Showdown). Unfortunately, that's about the only thing I can recommend the game on but it's <£10 so hey-ho.

I haven't started the singleplayer on this game yet, and I compelted DiRT Showdown (fucking terrrible game which makes you hate everything about DIRT from then on :p) but I remember beating the Okatama Grand Circuit in under 90 seconds..what a glorious moment that was for me lol much harder than beating the Chicago track on here in one minute imo.

I haven't started the singleplayer on this game yet, and I compelted DiRT Showdown (fucking terrrible game which makes you hate everything about DIRT from then on :p) but I remember beating the Okatama Grand Circuit in under 90 seconds..what a glorious moment that was for me lol much harder than beating the Chicago track on here in one minute imo.

Yep, never did get that Grand Circuit achievement, I think I tried it a couple of times and probably couldn't get near 100 seconds :D. Maybe I should go back to Grid 1 and try it again now, might be a bit better 4-5 years on.

More bitching: I know that CM have been doing stuff similar to this for the last few years, but with the California and Cote D'Azur tracks, they've just made 6 mile stretches, allowed you to play them forwards or reverse then chopped them almost exactly in half and allowed you to play them both ways as well. What's annoying though is that they don't just say Track X- Reverse; they give them all new names to disguise it. They've done this for Dirt as well.

I'd like to be able to see track outlines on the menus when selecting the track for a custom event, but Codies don't do that, they have to keep up the charade. I wouldn't be that bothered by it if they gave us that, didn't give separate names to reverse tracks and also the blatant disecting of Cali and Cote (which is just Monte Carlo right?) has annoyed me a little. CM are becoming quite synonymous now with lack of content and this reputation is becoming justified; they aren't helping themselves.

I'd also like to be able to see the full map of the cities as well if anybody knows whether or not they exist.

Well, thanks for reading that rant. :D

I was hoping a break from this game would be a good thing but it's back fired. I'm stuck in Season 4 because I'm bored to tears. Not to mention, I'm stuck on a Vehicle challenge. I don't trust Drifting in this game since it's out of control. Sometimes 5 rewinds just aren't enough.

May just put this game on Very Easy and grind out the rest of the game. Fuck it.

Edited by tripleb2k

This game just isn't as fun as Grid 1 and I have that downloaded on my xbox so Im not even fondly remembering things that aren't there.

Regional car/race types are gone- this totally sucks I loved demo derby that was fun as shit! I also don't like how euro cars are on US tracks and vice versa. Isn't the point of changing regions changing styles/cars?

screen tearing - this is a weird gripe for a racing game I know but my game constantly tears and I notice these little things and it drives me up a wall.

Rewind feature- This use to be fun to view certain crashes in SP and go to different views and watch the destruction, with the ability to ffwd rwd and slow mo. Not anymore just press y and rewind like a DVR. You took such a simple enjoyable function out of a game for what?

Online totally blows...people suck and I hate having to hear them chew...

I can't stand the menu system - I loved Grid 1 menu, large interface straight on in your face easy to read. I can't effing stand this 3/4 view bullcrap with useless information spewed in between. I enjoyed having the world view with my trophies!

Sound- I gotta say the music in Grid 1 was fun and fit the game perfectly this games music sucks it's not high intensity at all and seems slapped together.

Rewind feature- This use to be fun to view certain crashes in SP and go to different views and watch the destruction, with the ability to ffwd rwd and slow mo. Not anymore just press y and rewind like a DVR. You took such a simple enjoyable function out of a game for what?

I didn't like this at first but I'm getting used to it. Adds maybe a tiny bit of skill to flashbacks. Maybe :p.

Also, you can pause and select replay to watch your crashes. Functions just like it did on the old flashbacks. :)

Only complaints (bitching) about GRID2 has to be the multiplayer.

- People unable to drive, and go through the sole aim of smashing into and ruining your race. Should be punished for repeated cause crashing like in GRID 1, with time penalties

- Upgrading of cars don't really see the need for it

- Unlocking of cars at certain levels, why not just make them all available at once but instead have cost in online credits go up, otherwise you stand no chance against the high level racers.

- The twitchiness of some of the drift cars, like the Honda NSX which is near impossible to get around a corner without a load of tyre smoke and the risk of it just darting off in any direction it wants since its so damn slippy

rs.

- The twitchiness of some of the drift cars, like the Honda NSX which is near impossible to get around a corner without a load of tyre smoke and the risk of it just darting off in any direction it wants since its so damn slippy

Yep, I don't like how the NSX drives either.

I've just checked my Tier 3 cars in MP and apparently, I have the Vanquish even though I'm Lvl 5. :confused: Shows up in a Rockstar energy livery btw. I'd advise you to use that if you have it or the Nissan GT-R if you have that from the GTR Racing pack.

If not, you'll have to wait to L14 to get an Alfa 8C, which is bull.

Just finished season 2 and I think I will stop there. This is the worst driving game I have ever played. And I've played most of them.. Grid1 was really good.

This is just running by the cornering/car handling. Total shit

I hope you're joking. Just gonna go spend £30+ on a game then shun it after an hour or two?

Shame on you Codemasters for cashing in on Grid 1's name and your good reputation to cheaply knock out this poor excuse of a racer.Poor handling with ZERO options to customise ,poor A.I,uninspiring and shallow career mode,no cockpit view,tracks locked out as dlc/pre order offers............Shame on you

Edited by gezarelli83

I hope you're joking. Just gonna go spend £30+ on a game then shun it after an hour or two?

Not at all. I hate it with the faster cars its un playable. The second I turn into a corner im doing 30 spins. If im cautious in the corners I'm too slow and I lose.

Even on a clear straight if you do 120mph+ you car with start to sway and try and turn.

Edited by xTGMx INF3RNO

Not at all. I hate it with the faster cars its un playable. The second I turn into a corner im doing 30 spins. If im cautious in the corners I'm too slow and I lose.

Even on a clear straight if you do 120mph+ you car with start to sway and try and turn.

Yeah, the Tier 4 cars are a bit of a pain in the ass. Haven't driven many of them yet though, might wait till I've finished the career till I post here again, get a better feel for them.

ZERO options to customise

This doesn't bother me too much, it's certainly quicker than the Forza way of doing things :p. That being said, I wouldn't mind having vinyl customisation similar to that of Midnight Club or one of the old NFSs, as a few of the preset paintjobs are a bit shit.

I noticed on the Marketplace today, GRID 2 Unlock Car pack was released. Basically paying 560 points to unlock all the online cars. I don't know if I'd call it 'Pay to Win' but it certainly gives legit low level players something to be frustrated about. I hate when companies do this, especially when the game is relatively new.

I noticed on the Marketplace today, GRID 2 Unlock Car pack was released. Basically paying 560 points to unlock all the online cars. I don't know if I'd call it 'Pay to Win' but it certainly gives legit low level players something to be frustrated about. I hate when companies do this, especially when the game is relatively new.

Pack should not exist..hate it when they do this. BF3 has an all weapon unlocks kit too. :/

- Your opponents in overtake have physically impossible scores. They started before you, then you overtake them, go get a decent combo and get so far ahead of them that they're not even on the minimap, and they still have a better score than yours.

- If there is contact between you and an opponent, and the cars are side by side, then it's almost impossible to steer away from them, it's like you're locked together. If this occurs because you've just tried to overtake down the inside on a city track, through a tight gap, then you just know that you're both going to be hitting the outside wall coming out of the corner.

- Why does the first half of the game seem to be daytime racing, and the second half nighttime? They could have mixed it up a little, it maybe would have been a little more interesting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there's no stats page.:(

Edited by Jardinho

Guest Scotty

I usually don't like bitching threads, but i'm getting a bit pissed off playing this.

first. the very hard difficulty achievement, glitched for me, and being one of the hardest on the game, it fucking sucks that i have to do it again.

second. i play on very easy and this game has done what some other games do and not make it very easy. i'm not moaning about struggling with it, but when i put the game on very easy, i don't want to be barely winning by a couple of seconds and having to restart sometimes. i don't want a challenge, hence why i put it on very easy in the first place. i don't give a shit how crap it makes me look on the game, i want to be able to wall ride the entire fucking track and still win by 2 minutes, if i'm playing on a difficulty called 'very easy'!!!

third. a very distinct lack of customization, IMO. i don't change anything on any car, except for the few achievements tied to it. there's barely anything to do to them.

*NOTE, i do very much like the game and haven't put it down since i started it on friday night. i think sometimes, letting out your annoyance of something can be a good thing:)

second. i play on very easy and this game has done what some other games do and not make it very easy. i'm not moaning about struggling with it, but when i put the game on very easy, i don't want to be barely winning by a couple of seconds and having to restart sometimes. i don't want a challenge, hence why i put it on very easy in the first place. i don't give a shit how crap it makes me look on the game, i want to be able to wall ride the entire fucking track and still win by 2 minutes, if i'm playing on a difficulty called 'very easy'!!!

:omg Noob :p get better at the game.

Just kidding.

But you're having to restart on Very Easy, even with flashbacks? Which race types are you restarting most often?

Guest Scotty
:omg Noob :p get better at the game.

Just kidding.

But you're having to restart on Very Easy, even with flashbacks? Which race types are you restarting most often?

EXCUSE ME!!! HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!:p

i basically re-start the ones where you use a car! i've never been good at racing games. i went online to try to knock some achievements out, and lost pretty much stone dead last every race i entered. i won 1, because it was a Touge and the guy i was racing was in front of me, naturally:rolleyes:, and he crashed into a mountain and i crashed into him, but by some kinda magic, i was propelled by the crash and somehow ended up 5 seconds ahead of him and won immediately. it all happened too fast for me to comprehend what the fuck just happened:p

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so just started playing online and basically it's start first with a shit car and everybody smashes into you at the first corner? What a genius concept Codemasters. Oh and me having a bad rating because of this despite not causing any crashing myself? Bravo!

• 3 months later...