What does everyone think of Grid 2?

CaKe MaStEr 93

SP: 8/10

No demolition derby which is one of the only things I wish was still included. And being able to buy cars.

MP: 4/10

Functionality wise everything is there except for drifiting which is quite spotty. But because everyone is ramming you off the road it's not actually fun to play.

I hated this game when it first came out, purely because I wanted it to be the same as Grid 1 but better. But this game is totally different, the handling is nothing like the first game so once you can accept that and get used to it, its actually a fantastic game.

Online is the same, if you accept it for what it is... a Hybrid of Sim/Arcade its fantastic. The only problem is the amount of bashing, ramming and wreckers online...

Take a look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnUlrfW7l7s]GRID 2 ULTIMATE CRASH MONTAGE - YouTube[/ame]

I loved Racedriver: GRID and since the day I was made aware of this I was ecstatic because it I love this racing game, it's a racing game I can comfortable play all day if it was possible. I was disappointed at the fact there was no demonstration derby and end of season Le Mans race. But that doesn't take away from the game, the single player, little it's been played, is pretty good, I don't like the way you earn the cars, but with the small selection of them it's understandable and it works. The rest of the time, I've been playing online and it's amazing, I'm level 25 at the moment and I'm still playing on new tracks. The only problem I have, is it seems to be a little glitchy. For example, the race I've just done. I was comfortable in first, and had been since the first lap, around five or six seconds in the lead, I'm on the last lap and easily going to finish first unless I mess up. Suddenly the 30 second countdown timer starts and I thought it was an endurance not a race, so I was happy it was close to finishing. But I was wrong, it was a race and mysteriously, someone had past me (without me even seeing it) and put thirty seconds on me in the space of 3 seconds. It's annoyed me more than it should, because it is a game, but it's happened more than once. I after days ago on time-attack, I'd come second, my friend in first. Suddenly a guy with a lap so insanely quick, even Flash would have struggled to beat it. It's just one thing, and if it's fixed then I'll be happy and I'll stop being a little moody here and there.

I hated this game when it first came out, purely because I wanted it to be the same as Grid 1 but better. But this game is totally different, the handling is nothing like the first game so once you can accept that and get used to it, its actually a fantastic game.

Online is the same, if you accept it for what it is... a Hybrid of Sim/Arcade its fantastic. The only problem is the amount of bashing, ramming and wreckers online...

Take a look:

Haha..the sound effects you added make it so much funnier. I've never had it this bad online, I've played 80 events and some of biggest pile ups I've had don't even compare to what you've gone through it's crazy.

Take a look:

That video was awesome. You should definitely make another. I've been in some races where the cars go flying 20 feet in the air. It's crazy. The MP needs a Demolition Derby. That would solve a lot of problems.

I LOVED GRID 1 and was excited to see GRID 2 being released after all this time.But for some reason GRID 2 feels likes its just missing that extra something that made the original tons of fun.No Demo Derby,No Cockpit View,No 24hr Le Mans track and No Docks Map for the drifting were big letdowns.

Guest Scotty

I'm not a huge fan of racing games, and pick the odd one up every now and again, but i quite like this. it's not as good as Forza Horizon(my favourite racer) but it is fun. the handling is really weird, it seems very twitchy.

the main thing for me in racing games is being able to customize your car, and so far there isn't that much you can do to them. i can only change the vinyls and the alloys, so not sure if that is all you can do or if you unlock more options later on. i want to upgrade my performance, but i don't think you can.

as for the achievements, it's looking unlikely i'll get the 100%, the controls are twitchy as hell, but it is more than good enough to keep my attention long enough for me to try.

My only big 'complaint' is the guy in the background. Every time i gain a place in a race he has to come out with a statement, just for the sake of it. In an American accent, ''Hey Scott, fourth place, now you gotta aim for third'':p

• 2 weeks later...

Been many years since I played the first GRID so I really can't compare. As a racing game, I find myself just a bit bored. The tracks aren't all that great and they repeat them way too often. And of those tracks, only a few seem to be any fun for the really fast cars. I'd love more modes of play and more tracks. Tier 1-2 cars are really fun, 3 is alright, and 4 is just bonkers because the tracks are just too small and narrow.

Disappointed.

Limited car selection, I know every racing game isn't going to have 300+ cars to choose from, but the ones that are in this game aren't very impressive to me.

Short career mode combined with more or less the same events at the same locations.

Lack of race locations, I don't care for 5 different layouts of the same venue.

Didn't care for the arcade "drift" handling, with no options to tweak assists or tune setups, that every car is more or less given.

Camera angels sucked, if you're taking away cockpit camera, at least give me a decent chase(behind the car) camera, but that one is just nitpicking because they took out cockpit..

• 1 month later...

It reminded me of DiRT Showdown, just an unforgettable racer. Average graphics, poor AI, inconsistant handling and largely similar cars. And you cant complete it properly without an online pass. All in all 5/10

I found myself crashing a lot in single player because I kept falling asleep, just glad I only paid £11.50 for it.

• 2 weeks later...

My god the online terrible. What the hell is wrong with my car? Some jackass can just touch it on the side and I'll go spinning out of control. Ridiculous.

I like the Single Player. Probably not as good as GRID 1 but still delivered.

Just a friendly reminder, the Roadster is a piece of crap and has horrible handling!