My Kingdom For a Wand quest

was having the exact same problem. i finally got it. ran away from him a bit and hip fired a skullmasher when he was invisible. maybe he needs to be invisble? this is gonna piss a lot of people off if it's happening to everyone

Edited by jaywesty

Hey, I'm having issues with this quest. He tells me to kill the golem with a rocket launcher, grenade, or critical hit. I've killed it 3 times now with an explosive rocket launcher (Since the mission requirement is an explosive weapon) and each time I'm told I can't kill it normally and the thing resets. Anyone else try this quest yet? Any tips?

Guest Scotty

this mission's a fucking joke! i'm killing it with an explosive assault rifle, which is my only explosive weapon and it keeps resetting. and it's just glitched on me too, probably because it had to reset so many times.

doesn't look like it's tied to any achievements so i'll probably leave it if it stays glitched.

EDIT: ugh! i should really think before running my mouth. turns out the gun i was using wasn't technically explosive and after switching to a shotty with the explosive logo on it, the quest moved forward.

Edited by Scotty

I'm playing with a lvl 55 on TVH. Just finished the quest. Spider I had to redo a few times. Had to be sure the electrocute DoT (damage over time) is what killed it and not the me shooting it that killed it. I also ended up hitting the Orc in the face. Tricky prospect too since he went invisible on me at one point. Ended up trying him over again a few times and the last time I lined up a shot to his face and hit :xbut: to insert the wand and spammed the melee button to kill him.

It said the same for me no matter how many times I shot him in the face. I finally decided to punch him in the head and it worked.

Thank you for this! Found this a while ago via my phone, just now getting around to finding the thread again and properly thanking you! This was driving me nuts. I was wondering if it wasn't working with my siren because the corrosive cloud was forming as I sniped him in the face? I dunno, but that punch to the face worked!

• 1 month later...

I had a problem probably because I'm a Cataclysm Siren. I imagine that most of the elemental side effects were part of the critical damage, meaning he was being killed by elements. I basically just kept trying until he dropped a non elemental shotgun. I hit him in the face with that at point blank range and got it.