• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen and played so far riptide seems fun. More of a Dlc then a standalone still fun. I know arena is not as bad as moxxis underdome but not good either so seems like a waste of good money. Too bad it's not on sale I'd buy it if it was 5$ or less.

It seems like I'm running out of space on my HDD. I've had to delete Sleeping Dogs just to be able to download this. :/ My problem is I download all these free games and never end up playing any of them even though I have some intention to eventually.

I've been avoiding downloading free games I've already completed for this very reason.

I'm not digging Dead Island, too much like Borderlands and I hated Borderlands.

I am not even sure if you read my replies to you....but Dead Island is NOTHING like Borderlands.

Dead Island is still not that great.

From what I've seen and played so far riptide seems fun. More of a Dlc then a standalone still fun. I know arena is not as bad as moxxis underdome but not good either so seems like a waste of good money. Too bad it's not on sale I'd buy it if it was 5$ or less.

We'll see how much fun it is when you play co-op and it glitches causing the game not to count a completed mission and you have to re-play the whole game because their is NO mission select

Edited by Carmona

I am not even sure if you read my replies to you....but Dead Island is NOTHING like Borderlands.

There's a fair amount a "go fetch" missions which is pretty similar to Borderlands. Not a great game though. Still free is free and if you wanna try it out now's the best time I suppose. Glad I paid sod all for it lol

We'll see how much fun it is when you play co-op and it glitches causing the game not to count a completed mission and you have to re-play the whole game because their is NO mission select

That wouldn't bother me carmino. The quest structure enemy levels are similar to borderlands yet is unique. I love dead island

I've been avoiding downloading free games I've already completed for this very reason.

Yeah. Well I was going to buy the Sleeping Dogs DLC but I missed out when it went on sale during the same week the game was free, so at this point I don't care anymore and thought might as well remove the game.

I know what you mean. I've only played Fable III, Gears of War, Halo 3 & Dead Rising 2 out of all the games with gold that i've downloaded.

Exactly. I've only played Halo 3 and that was during the community event. It just proves that however decent the games coming out in the program, nothing so far has really grabbed my attention that I play soon as it's available.

:eek: What a great idea! Instead of complaining about the games taking up my HD, why not DL them and they have the rights to them later.

Lots o Sarcasm....

Speaking of which, you've reminded me that I really really really need to get on writing down all of the games I own, but have deleted.

In fact, I just need to make a full list of all digital content I own, so I can start making room again.

/firstworldissuesatlarge

Did we play the same Dead Island? It was basically Left 4 Dead + Borderlands. They even had the pointless arena DLC which were quite a bit like each other.

I loved Dead Island when it came out and i still love it now, funny thing is i was level 49 when i stopped playing it soo i can get that and the few other achievements im missing for it once im done with AC Liberation HD...... and i dunno how people get the whole connection between this and borderlands...

Did we play the same Dead Island? It was basically Left 4 Dead + Borderlands. They even had the pointless arena DLC which were quite a bit like each other.

I agree, generally people who asked me that were interested in downloading Dead Island I pretty much say it's very much like Borderlands with zombies and more melee based combat. Even playing it again recently it's strikingly similar in a lot of ways.

Edited by MabusScarab

Wow....ok....I guess.

To me Dead Island is more like Dead Rising. There isn't even that much RPG elements to the game besides skill points.

Anyways Borderlands is 1000% better the Dead Island.

Wow....ok....I guess.

To me Dead Island is more like Dead Rising. There isn't even that much RPG elements to the game besides skill points.

Anyways Borderlands is 1000% better the Dead Island.

I can see Dead Rising over Left 4 Dead because of the weapon creation. I was mainly thinking of the Borderlands + Zombie game. I agree though, Borderlands is much better than Dead Island; but there is a striking level of similarities between the games.

Speaking of which, you've reminded me that I really really really need to get on writing down all of the games I own, but have deleted.

In fact, I just need to make a full list of all digital content I own, so I can start making room again.

/firstworldissuesatlarge

The Backloggery is a good site if you wanna catalogue all you stuff. You can add notes and stuff to your games so you could note when you delete something so you remember to download it again later. There's a link in my sig (the big green box thing).

Most of the GfG I've downloaded just to get the license and have then deleted them almost instantly.

Funny, that's what I do! To be fair, I did play some, and I own a couple of the others. Some I have no intention of ever playing (GoW, DR2, DI), though I made the mistake of playing Rainbow Six.

So I as thinking, how sweet would it be if XCOM was one of the games next month/next few months?

The arrival of XCOM: Enemy Within has pretty much made the original game unsellable, and it would give people a chance who are on the fence to try out something that they might not usually consider. It has DLC, so the completion crowd would have to spend a little (meaning money in 2K's pocket) and the fact it's a great game might encourage people to get Enemy Within as well.

Release date is similar to Sleeping Dogs too. Make it happen (please) Microsoft!!