Battlefield 4 - Premium Event + Double XP Thread

JORDAN K 95

Battlefield 4 - Premium Event + Double XP Thread

XBOX ONE

http://i.imgur.com/8wg5Anr.png

Thanks Rajeanero for the Banner image!

*This thread will be updated as more Premium Events + Double XP Events are announced*

(There is a Premium Event + Double XP Thread for the XBOX 360 & XBOX ONE version of this game)

Purchase Battlefield 4 Premium | Watch Battlefield 4 Premium Trailer

Time Zone Converter | Battlefield 4 Battlelog

Post here with discussion about Double XP Events and premium Events, if you have news with any Events please post on this thread with a source so i can update the main post. Dates with a strike through have passed and dates without a strike are still to come. A source will be provided for every event so members can have proof and read more about it.

--------------------

Battlefield 4 Premium includes:

Weekly events

Early access to 5 expansions

Early access to new game modes, vehicles and weapons

12 Gold Battlepacks - (1 per month for 12 months)

Priority server queues

Usable with both XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE

Exclusive personalization options

Expansion Packs:

Second Assault - 22nd November 2013

China Rising - December 3rd 2013

Naval strike - Spring 2014

Dragons Teeth - Summer 2014

Final Stand - Summer 2014

--------------------

Click on a Double XP event to find out more information

Double XP Events:

Non-Premium

November 1st - 4th

Pre order Bonus from selected retailers

Premium

December 7th - 9th

2 Days of Double XP

--------------------

Click on Content to find out more information

Weekly Content:

November:

4th - Gold Battlepack

11th - Premium Customization

18th - Premium Paint

December:

9th - Gold Battlepack

16th - Premium Dogtags

23rd - Premium Knife

January:

6th - Gold Battlepack

13th - Premium Camo

February:

3rd - Gold Battlepack

10th - Premium Dogtags

17th - Premium Paint

Edited by JORDAN K 95

This is the first I'm hearing about Navel Strike..or I'm clueless, but that mode looks badass. :p Too much epicness.

mode? naval strike is the name of the map pack :p

I'm debating just buying it with cash or waiting and trading in my 360 and few games towards it. I have the XB1 and four games paid off, but now it's either keep the 360 and GTA V, or trade them in, pay this off, and save some cash.

GTA5 or BF4... tough decision

updated with release dates for expansion packs. info comes from EA themselves so its a reliable source

http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-4-premium-unveiled---beta-coming-in-early-october

last map pack in summer 2014.. :( + 2 map packs in summer 2014 :(

the thing i like about BF3 was the expansion release dates were spread out. the final expansion pack being released more than a year after the games release. but it looks like we wont be getting anything new with BF4 after summer 2014..

What a let down..

im sure naval strike will feature boat superiority or something like that! :p

Edited by JORDAN K 95

updated with release dates for expansion packs. info comes from EA themselves so its a reliable source

http://www.ea.com/news/battlefield-4-premium-unveiled---beta-coming-in-early-october

last map pack in summer 2014.. :( + 2 map packs in summer 2014 :(

the thing i like about BF3 was the expansion release dates were spread out. the final expansion pack being released more than a year after the games release. but it looks like we wont be getting anything new with BF4 after summer 2014..

im sure naval strike will feature boar superiority or something like that! :p

Summer 2014 is ALMOST a year after launch though. And this could indicate a couple of things:

1. Possibly EA/DICE has a game coming out next Fall and they don't want BF4 map packs interfering with their revenue stream from the new game (really only likely if the game is a shooter like another Medal of Honor).

2. Possibly EA/DICE sees the potential for a "season two" of DLC that they can sell. Most core BF players would not blink at paying a second $50 price for 5 more map packs through 2015.

---

I think #1 is more likely. This is probably the best indication that EA has another MoH title lined up for Fall 2014.

Summer 2014 is ALMOST a year after launch though. And this could indicate a couple of things:

1. Possibly EA/DICE has a game coming out next Fall and they don't want BF4 map packs interfering with their revenue stream from the new game (really only likely if the game is a shooter like another Medal of Honor).

2. Possibly EA/DICE sees the potential for a "season two" of DLC that they can sell. Most core BF players would not blink at paying a second $50 price for 5 more map packs through 2015.

---

I think #1 is more likely. This is probably the best indication that EA has another MoH title lined up for Fall 2014.

great thoughts!

i dont think well be seeing another medal of honor. and besides 2 of the 5 BF3 expansions were released after a medal of honor warfighter. and im pretty sure EA said they've dropped medal of honor. the last 2 IMO were great but nobody seems to play them.. :( and so far the only game i cant think of with 2 seasons of DLC is borderlands 2. (3 more expansions coming)

2nd season idea would be great! but 10 DLCs is 40 maps! thats a LOT of maps .... !!

great thoughts!

i dont think well be seeing another medal of honor. and besides 2 of the 5 BF3 expansions were released after a medal of honor warfighter. and im pretty sure EA said they've dropped medal of honor. the last 2 IMO were great but nobody seems to play them.. :( and so far the only game i cant think of with 2 seasons of DLC is borderlands 2. (3 more expansions coming)

2nd season idea would be great! but 10 DLCs is 40 maps! thats a LOT of maps .... !!

They could only bring back OLD maps and still have maps that weren't "brought back".

Like I said, I'm still not convinced it's a 2nd season of DLC they're shooting for. I think it's another title that they don't want interfering with their revenue stream (ie ... DICE has too much on their plate already).

Chances are, if the game isn't an MoH (which you're probably right it isn't), it's Mirror's Edge 2 which might be coming out next Fall/Winter.

And while ME2 might not have a whole lot of DLC that comes out for it, DICE has a major JUGGERNAUT releasing the following year (Xmas 2015 if they manage to stay on schedule) which will prove to give them probably MORE revenue than BF4 ... Star Wars Battlefront.

And DICE/BF fans will expect a "Premium"/Season Pass with oodles of map-pack DLC for Battlefront as well.

---

Battlefront is probably already the most hyped game of 2015, and we're not even done with 2013 yet.

removed double xp event from the list, as this is the xbox one version of the thread and xbox one isnt out until november 22nd, therefore no double xp event for a console which isnt released :D

maybe there will be a separate double xp for xbox one pre orders?

i have also made a 360 version of the premium event + double xp thread (which is the same )

Nice ill be getting this

me too :p

Edited by JORDAN K 95

• 5 weeks later...

Added a few new details.

• We now know that the Gold battlepacks are monthly (1 per month for the first year, 12 in total)
  • Premium members will recieve Exclusive personalization options
  • Second Assault Expansion pack will be available for xbox one on the 22nd Nov (Launch day!)
  • added links to a timezone converter to the main post

i presume second assault will be available for everyone on the 22nd, not just premium members. no word on pricing, or whether it will be available for xbox 360 on the 22nd aswell.

i also added a bunch of info, but felt it would be better to make a new thread instead of cramming it all into one!

here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=546371

the article which states second assault will release on 22nd Nov:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16316-Battlefield-4-s-Second-Assault-Map-Pack-Available-on-Xbox-One-Launch-Day.html

im glad ill be able to play bf3 maps on day one!

Edited by JORDAN K 95

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anybody with Premium on 360 comment on it's recognition on X1? Does the game just automatically know or were there some procedures to it? I need to get Premium and may as well grab it on 360 because of the double license, but I want to know it's working before I drop the dough.

Yeah it works. I had Premium on the 360. When you get an X1, download the 8mb Premium file from the marketplace and it transfers your premium. I did it and was able to download Second Assault DLC straight away when I loaded up the game

Battlelog site has an article about Player Appreciation week. From November 28th thru December 5th, double xp for every completed game. (It does say "completed" unfortunately ;-0 ). Also, on December 5th, anyone who logs in to play multiplayer will get a free 3x scope for their M1911.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-player-appreciation/

Battlelog site has an article about Player Appreciation week. From November 28th thru December 5th, double xp for every completed game. (It does say "completed" unfortunately ;-0 ). Also, on December 5th, anyone who logs in to play multiplayer will get a free 3x scope for their M1911.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-player-appreciation/

:woop

lots of double xp!