The Bitching Thread

Le Vampyr

Now as much as i'm loving this game, no game is perfect, and there's always something to bitch about, be it the game mechanics or the community.

What grinds my gears is a percentage of randoms I have played with. Many are on their first playthrough, yet they refuse to explore, they go straight for the quest waypoint instead. Myself, I make sure there isn't a single uncovered area on the map before I go to the waypoint / next area, as you'll usually find rare enemies, great loot and side quests. On the topic of randoms, it's fun to see how some people like to show off, like how a Demon Hunter will use their speed abilities and waste all their discipline to get miles ahead of the party, only to die most of the time.

On to the game mechanics.

- I dislike how anyone can skip dialogue options. If a random joins my game and i'm up to the point that I haven't played yet, anyone can mash the A button or press back and skip dialogue and cutscenes I haven't seen before. It's also annoying how I can't do anything that requires me to press the A button while dialogue is being played. This is troublesome when I join a randoms game and they haven't heard dialogue themselves, though I have, and I hit the A button by accident or something and skip some of the dialogue when i'm simply trying to use a vendor.

- The lack of a kick option (if there is one, please bring it to my attention). I've had a good few sessions with randoms, only for someone who's at least 15-20 levels above everyone else to join in and start spoiling the fun and any challenge to be had. The host had to quit the game to start a new session and re-invite us because of these players that like to show off their 'skills' or gear.

Well so far, my bitching is pretty much in relation to a percentage of the players. Thankfully I have friends to play with, but it's nice to get those handful of actual enjoyable and good sessions with randoms.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now as much as i'm loving this game, no game is perfect, and there's always something to bitch about, be it the game mechanics or the community.

What grinds my gears is a percentage of randoms I have played with. Many are on their first playthrough, yet they refuse to explore, they go straight for the quest waypoint instead. Myself, I make sure there isn't a single uncovered area on the map before I go to the waypoint / next area, as you'll usually find rare enemies, great loot and side quests. On the topic of randoms, it's fun to see how some people like to show off, like how a Demon Hunter will use their speed abilities and waste all their discipline to get miles ahead of the party, only to die most of the time.

On to the game mechanics.

- I dislike how anyone can skip dialogue options. If a random joins my game and i'm up to the point that I haven't played yet, anyone can mash the A button or press back and skip dialogue and cutscenes I haven't seen before. It's also annoying how I can't do anything that requires me to press the A button while dialogue is being played. This is troublesome when I join a randoms game and they haven't heard dialogue themselves, though I have, and I hit the A button by accident or something and skip some of the dialogue when i'm simply trying to use a vendor.

- The lack of a kick option (if there is one, please bring it to my attention). I've had a good few sessions with randoms, only for someone who's at least 15-20 levels above everyone else to join in and start spoiling the fun and any challenge to be had. The host had to quit the game to start a new session and re-invite us because of these players that like to show off their 'skills' or gear.

Well so far, my bitching is pretty much in relation to a percentage of the players. Thankfully I have friends to play with, but it's nice to get those handful of actual enjoyable and good sessions with randoms.

That is funny!

I haven't played with anyone (randoms or friends) because I wanted to go through the game once by myself to get acquainted with the game and to have some fun by myself. I am one of those people that will walk across the entire map to uncover a tiny spot of covered map even though I know nothing is there and I am sure that would drive anyone mad. So, I'll play with people in my next playthroughs where I am less concerned with the story and uncovering everything. It sounds like our playstyles match well, haha.

Only thing I have to bitch about is the gold drop amounts. They are tiny. Maybe that is due to me playing on Normal (Easy)?

That is funny!

I haven't played with anyone (randoms or friends) because I wanted to go through the game once by myself to get acquainted with the game and to have some fun by myself. I am one of those people that will walk across the entire map to uncover a tiny spot of covered map even though I know nothing is there and I am sure that would drive anyone mad. So, I'll play with people in my next playthroughs where I am less concerned with the story and uncovering everything. It sounds like our playstyles match well, haha.

Only thing I have to bitch about is the gold drop amounts. They are tiny. Maybe that is due to me playing on Normal (Easy)?

I can't say for the higher playthroughs, but as for Normal - Master V, the gold drop is no different, 10/15g the vast majority of the time with the odd 100/150 now and again.

I agree that the gold drop is pretty rubbish :(

I also agree with op an think a vote to kick option should be implemented!

I was playing through with a friend and a level 40 joined us when we were around level 5...safe to say it was far from fun.

Other than that, if I'm playing in a public match, I do not expect people to sit around and listen while I chat to quest givers, and you pretty much should never expect that from anyone these days as it's all about the rush it seems - if you want your stories, best keep parties locked and friends only.

Personally though, I will always let the host player get priority in what happens, I'll follow them closely to avoid spoiling the game and avoid skipping anything by accident as it's their game and I've joined for shit's, gig's and xp - if they want to explore, so do I, if they want to rush, so do I - just can't expect that of everyone though ;D

Randoms seem to be the common denominator in the OP. I assume it's possible to have a private match though right? Still I'd complain about not having tools to control your game like those mentioned. Sometimes you need to boot friends of friends or people you are meeting for the first time. Still haven't gotten this yet. I had plans to though.

Randoms seem to be the common denominator in the OP. I assume it's possible to have a private match though right? Still I'd complain about not having tools to control your game like those mentioned. Sometimes you need to boot friends of friends or people you are meeting for the first time. Still haven't gotten this yet. I had plans to though.

Yeah, you can set your game to be offline, system link, invite only, friends only, and open to public.

My only real complaint is how out of proportion the 5m gold achievement is with everything else. The best farming method I've found nets about 150k per hour. That's over 30 hours just to grind the gold :/

Ugh, that is ridiculous. Hopefully Blizzard increases gold drops. Too bad the achievement isn't for earning 5mil gold. Then you could just have someone give it to you.

1. Inability to turn of the Helm display. (Ugly Helms haunt me so)

2. The odd way that your inventory items switch around when you are trying to spam the sell button. (All whites on screen and after 1 button push, they throw a blue into the mix for you to accidentally sell) I just started to salvage first because white items don't show (obviously) and then sell my vendor trash while there are no blues to magically appear.

3. I'd love for Gems to be automatically picked up like potions and gold. I've noticed at times the Gem name almost disappears and I'm almost certain that I've missed picking up some while farming. (In what world would I not want to pick up Gems anyways? :p)

2. The odd way that your inventory items switch around when you are trying to spam the sell button. (All whites on screen and after 1 button push, they throw a blue into the mix for you to accidentally sell) I just started to salvage first because white items don't show (obviously) and then sell my vendor trash while there are no blues to magically appear.

I've gotten into the habit of setting all of the items I don't want to "junk" in order to speed up salvaging and selling (though I try to avoid picking up any white items since they don't sell for much and just take up space). One minor complaint I have relating to this topic is that even though you can equip items while you play using the handy UI, the game doesn't let you junk the items from there. I have to manually open the inventory screen and go radial section by radial section to quickly junk items (which does go rather smoothly since it automatically goes to the next item after I set one to junk, not forcing me to manually go to the next item in the same category). I can usually tell just from that equip item UI if I'm going to junk it, so I'd rather just hit the right analog stick button then and not have to worry about sorting through my inventory later. It's a minor complaint, still much better than salvaging one item at a time like I did on the PC.

I'm still quite bitter about the PC version, as its a pretty fun ride 1-60 just because its fun to play. However once hitting 60 you realize the GLARING and INSANE amonunt of flaws in the game. Many of these are sadly still present. However when I heard I could play with analog, no AH and offline, I just had to try. And the loot was hundrefold better then my entire embarrassingly long (a fraction amount some have played but it still bothers me I played even that much) tenure on PC. Back on PC you HAD to use the AH, thats how f'n lame loot is/was/probably still is. I probably got around 50 legendaries including probably the best bow in the entire game by end of Inferno. I also enjoyed the controls a lot more and never worrying about DCing (though it did freeze about 5 times :p).

But of course, as many others, I'm insanely infuriated by All that Glitters. To make such a moronic achievement when it takes 4x all the others do combined. To go along with this, even with truly insane amount of gold find, so high you don't even want to know, it still takes an incredibly amount of time.

Some of the major problems are still around though, ridiculous amount of reliance on your classes main stat (DH - dex for example), everything being based off your weapons damage (/sigh) and the absolute worst - about 90% of runes/skills are useless. Especially to play each class you probably are required to run 2 of the absolute must skills for that class. Sadly running anything but the best might be fun for a bit but you'll just get real tired of not killing a fraction as fast with a better build. I doubted it would be different like with my wizard on PC, but sure enough as a DH I tried every ability and nothing came close to surpassing my initial build.

Now, some of you might be like "well you enjoyed it for X amount at least" but you've got to try to understand something. Blizzard used to have such a high bar of quality for itself they would never have released the PoS that is D3, it's certainly a lot better then it was but still needs a ton of work. What can I say? I once held Blizzard as basically infallible developers, they had earned it with 15 years of some of the greatest titles to ever come out. But they shattered my confidence in them with D3.

Edited by ChaosTheoryV2X

Just remember that the games you loved from Blizzard were made by people that left the company before Diablo 3 was constructed. That's why I was gutted to learn that Torchlight 2, made by the guys that worked on the previous Diablo games that we still hold in high regard, was not coming to console. I have trouble controlling point-and-click games nowadays, which is why I'm so happy I can play D3 using analog movement now. I wish I could control TL2 with an analog control scheme with my gamepad, and if it were implemented by Runic Games or via a mod, I'd do it in an instant. TL1 was fun on the 360 but it lacked the depth that the second game has.

And here's something for me to bitch about. I didn't like the 10 character limit on the PC version, so when it came to console I figured I could make however many characters I felt like since the games would be saved on MY hard drive and not Blizzard's servers. Nope, there's still a 10 character limit! :mad: Even though Blizzard tried to design the game so that you can try builds with the same character, which essentially ruins replayability, I actually stick with the same skills and only change them when that skill set prevents me from beating a boss (I regularly change my skills when going up against Diablo). For example, my DH typically runs with bola shot, impale, sentry, rain of vengeance, companion, and vault. I wanted to make a second one with a different build, like with rapid fire and evasive shot. I'd rather build up a character and slowly bring those moves in like I do with my default DH set, instead of just switching everything at 60 and already having the character at endgame. I want a reason to play the game in multiple ways from 1-60, not from 60-60. If I make the second DH with the new skillset and then want to try to make a DH solely for hardcore, that's 3 of 10 slots and one of my four remaining classes will only be able to fit one character instead of two or more. I don't want to delete characters I put so much work into, and I don't want to create additional 360 profiles for another 10 slots. The 10 character slot limit should not be in a game where you're encouraged to play the game long-term and with various builds, even if it tries to coerce you to try builds with an already maxed out character. It's not like Blizzard's servers will be stressed by more than 10 characters on CONSOLE, where their servers are not being used at all.

My only problem right now that I have experience is when there is an NPC next to a main quest giver, and I want to talk to the NPC because I trying to go for "The Art of the Conversation" Achievement and active the main quest and thus can't get that piece of dialogue. This has happen to me twice already with Deckand Cain in the first act.

Ugh, that is ridiculous. Hopefully Blizzard increases gold drops. Too bad the achievement isn't for earning 5mil gold. Then you could just have someone give it to you.

The 5m gold isn't a big deal unless you're just looking to 1k the game and move on. If you enjoy the game and plan on playing it for a while, it will easily come with time. Those making it sound like such a grind clearly are only concerned with achievements and not having fun.

The 5m gold isn't a big deal unless you're just looking to 1k the game and move on. If you enjoy the game and plan on playing it for a while, it will easily come with time. Those making it sound like such a grind clearly are only concerned with achievements and not having fun.

At the rate I am earning gold right now, that would take 8 DAYS of playtime. No thanks.

1) Too much loot. Legendary item, every 1-2hrs of play. I'm not complaining, but it takes out the "Legendary" of the Legendary items, doesn't it?

2) Lack of skill combo's. For ex: You can't use 2 Primary skills, without losing out one of the preset types. I don't want to switch out any of my other abilities to use 2 Primary's. RS is useless (clicking it). Why not make a 2nd tier of Button Mappings, let us switch up between abilities/attacks, without having to remap everything from the BACK menu. Monks even have a Passive ability, that if you combo Primary attacks, you get a damage boost with each attack. But you can't do that, without losing out from one of the secondary abilities that are mapped to B, Y, RB, X, RT etc.

Also, why can't you use a Mantra/Summon and then switch out the ability with something else? I remember, that in Diablo 2, you were able to summon your pets/skeletons etc. and then just swap them out for attacking spells. For some odd reason, you can't do that here... Sure they're both different games, and the skill/ability trees have significantly changed, but still. If I was able to Use a Summon/Buff ability, and then swap out the skill for something that I would use CONSTANTLY, would make the controls even more fluid and accessible to the limited controller.

3) No Necromancer. Don't like the Witch Doctor. Too much DoT, and almost no direct damage attacks that don't suck. He starts to be good at around ~30ish, but I'm too lazy, to play that much, only to have fun with him. Fun has to be from the start, or else the game will get boring REAL fast. Hopefully the DLC will hit the console version not long after PC, so that I might finally enjoy the Crusader. Paladin and Necromancer were my favorites in previous Diablo games. Shame that I can't get to play with neither of them in the sequel that I waited for 12 fucking years. Well, I didn't play on PC, so I had the privilege of not enjoying Error 37, account hacking, broken balance (a.k.a Auction House) and other BS. The console version is BS free :)

About the only flaws, IMO that I could find...

Edited by KriugerisLT

Inferno quests give 25k, not to mention if you're playing on a master level your gold find is way higher.

I am only level 33 on Normal, but playing on Master 1, and I don't bother picking up whites. For the most part I sell everything or break it down.

In Diablo 2 you could only have 2 skills at one time. At least you have 6 this time.

Inferno quests give 25k, not to mention if you're playing on a master level your gold find is way higher.

I am only level 33 on Normal, but playing on Master 1, and I don't bother picking up whites. For the most part I sell everything or break it down.

In Diablo 2 you could only have 2 skills at one time. At least you have 6 this time.

That gold achievement is for picking up gold ONLY. It does not include quest rewards.

1) Too much loot. Legendary item, every 1-2hrs of play. I'm not complaining, but it takes out the "Legendary" of the Legendary items, doesn't it?

2) Lack of skill combo's. For ex: You can't use 2 Primary skills, without losing out one of the preset types. I don't want to switch out any of my other abilities to use 2 Primary's. RS is useless (clicking it). Why not make a 2nd tier of Button Mappings, let us switch up between abilities/attacks, without having to remap everything from the BACK menu. Monks even have a Passive ability, that if you combo Primary attacks, you get a damage boost with each attack. But you can't do that, without losing out from one of the secondary abilities that are mapped to B, Y, RB, X, RT etc.

Also, why can't you use a Mantra/Summon and then switch out the ability with something else? I remember, that in Diablo 2, you were able to summon your pets/skeletons etc. and then just swap them out for attacking spells. For some odd reason, you can't do that here... Sure they're both different games, and the skill/ability trees have significantly changed, but still. If I was able to Use a Summon/Buff ability, and then swap out the skill for something that I would use CONSTANTLY, would make the controls even more fluid and accessible to the limited controller.

3) No Necromancer. Don't like the Witch Doctor. Too much DoT, and almost no direct damage attacks that don't suck. He starts to be good at around ~30ish, but I'm too lazy, to play that much, only to have fun with him. Fun has to be from the start, or else the game will get boring REAL fast. Hopefully the DLC will hit the console version not long after PC, so that I might finally enjoy the Crusader. Paladin and Necromancer were my favorites in previous Diablo games. Shame that I can't get to play with neither of them in the sequel that I waited for 12 fucking years. Well, I didn't play on PC, so I had the privilege of not enjoying Error 37, account hacking, broken balance (a.k.a Auction House) and other BS. The console version is BS free :)

About the only flaws, IMO that I could find...

I like to think of the green drop items as the only (RARE) drops.

my friend has a lvl 60-2 witch doctor and he is balls out bad ass so i dont know what your talking about.

Ok, so this game has been out for 6 DAYS (I am at level 60-2 Is it possable for people to be at (60-100) in that short of time. This is all i have played and it pisses me off that someone who only has 190G could be maxed out in levels. That isn't possible to do without even beating the game.

He's using a downloaded modded maxed out "starter" save.