Thread title seems self-explanatory. Post here when you buy a new game, comment on others' purchases, tell us why you bought it, etc.

I picked up my GTA V preorder this afternoon. While I was there, I snagged something called Arcade Compilation Disc, which includes Pac-Man Championship Edition, UNO, Boom Boom Rocket, Feeding Frenzy, and Luxor 2. Bought it for the Pac-Man because it was $2.69.

Edited by BitterMelonFarm

Just a warning a thread with this exact same idea was locked after it turned into a spamfest. I would probably add something along the lines of why you bought it to avoid this thread also getting locked.

Anyways last game i bought was GTAV because i have never played a GTA game before.

Just a warning a thread with this exact same idea was locked after it turned into a spamfest. I would probably add something along the lines of why you bought it to avoid this thread also getting locked.

Anyways last game i bought was GTAV because i have never played a GTA game before.

Good call. Thanks for the heads up! I edited the OP.

I bought GTA 5 because I'm a fan of the franchise and I've played all the others. I only have one achievement on this account, but on my first Xbox 360 back in the day, I also preordered GTA IV and played the hell out of it. Good times. So far, GTA 5 is shaping up to possibly be the best in the series. After about 9 hours of gameplay, it's hard to disagree with that 100 review score. Everything is awesome.

I bought the Arcade retail disc because I wanted Pac-Man Championship Edition. It was cheaper than buying the game digitally and also came with four other XBLA titles. I probably won't even bother with Luxor 2 or Boom Boom Rocket because I hate puzzle and music games, but Feeding Frenzy and Uno seem like easy enough completions so I'll probably play those at some point too.

Last game I purchased was Nicktoons' MLB - because it was $3, marked down from $30, and it's easy GS for the GSL competition coming soon.

And also Far Cry: Blood Dragon - also because it was only sale, 50% off, and I've been wanting to try it for a while now. Pretty psyched about playing it here soon.

Haha, same reason I bought Nicktoons MLB. Except I'm not eligible for GSL, unfortunately. I'd love to participate, but I haven't been here a year. That requirement seems a wee bit excessive to me, but I obviously don't make the rules and I suppose it's important to have something to keep random asswipes from showing up just to enter.

I would have bought Far Cry if it wasn't for that Oman deal. After getting eight free games, I couldn't justify spending $7.50 to add yet another game to my already huge backlog of roughly 50 unplayed games, especially knowing that GTA will take up most of my gaming time for the foreseeable future.

My last game was Transformers FAC. I wanted to buy it sooner but other games got in it's way. I'm a huge G1 fan and enjoyed War form Cybertron very much and always wanted to play the sequel.

Now that I finshed it I can imagine other people skipping this game. Story is predictable and the fact that you play different characters makes it less appealing if you're not a fan. I do hope they make another sequel.

Last game I legitimately bought was Lego Batman 2...and kinda regretting it. For $10 the open world seemed enticing and I remembered how much fun I have with Lego Indy (which I still own). But said world honestly feels more like a time consumer than anything, and the story isn't all its cracked up to be. Going to 100% it then give it the boot off my hard drive.

I picked up Castle Crashers and Gotham City Imposters because they were on sale, and they seem like great games. I've been really meaning to get castle crashers earlier but for some reason I never got around to it, so I am happy that it went on sale.
it went on sale :eek: damn I hope I haven't missed it.

OT: Mine would be the GTA V SE, but that will be replaced next week by FIFA 14