New Roadmap for 1000

KillerBEA

the 1st grind spot, well a better way to grind souls for the crest is, once you have kicked the ladder that leads to the bonfire in your 1st video, you run up the ladder and up the stairs to the bridge with the dragon on it then head straight back to the bonfire, on the way back to the bonfire the dragon will kill all the enemies on the bridge and you get about 400-500 souls if i recall correctly, rest at bonfire, go back up and do same again and on and on until you have enough souls for what you need

yeah, you can grind 1100 souls a minute that way. I figured that one out on my own :)

• 2 weeks later...
For slightly faster completion, it should be noted that you should leave completing the miracles achievement until Playthrough 3.

By using a certain soul to get Great Lord Greatsword in playthrough 2, you won't have to go all the way to Anor Londo in playthrough 3 to craft it. The Altar of Sunlight, where you can offer that soul in exchange for the Sunlight Spear miracle, is much more accessible than Anor Londo.

You still have to go to Anor Londo to craft Sif's 3rd weapon anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
While you will receive a Dark Hand as a join item, you can also receive one as a drop from the Darkwraiths you have to fight on the way to the Four Kings in New Londo Ruins (fairly rare, unless your item discovery is pretty high when you are going through).

I must have gotten lucky. I got one as a drop and I don't think I even had any humanity at the time.

Crass Crest is really good, since it has the extra endurance regeneration. But personally I always used the Black Knight or Silver Knight shields. Both do 100% physical damage block (as long as you have the endurance to eat the attack) and have good poise. Crass crest had either 90 or 95% physical block. Depends on your character build, since I was strength build wearing Havel's armor (heaviest armor on the game) + Black Knight Sword and Havel's ring + Ring of Favor and protection; a shield from a black or silver knight made the most sense for me.

personally I have +10 Tower Kite and +10 Grass Crest, and I prefer the Tower Kite still. But I have really high END (36). TK blocks 100%, which I like. I don't like to take damage with every hit - seems dangerous. Plus TK has higher stability.

personally I have +10 Tower Kite and +10 Grass Crest, and I prefer the Tower Kite still. But I have really high END (36). TK blocks 100%, which I like. I don't like to take damage with every hit - seems dangerous. Plus TK has higher stability.

Crass Crest is really good for how early you can get it, but personally I prefer a Silver Knight Shield for most things. I switch to Black Knight Shield for Gwyn, since it has a higher Fire Damage resistance than the Silver Knight Shield does.

Edited by KillerBEA