Community Choice: Sign-up to take charge!!

Grifter Reborn

We want to thank the Community for playing games with us! Some of you have wanted a specific game each month, and well... sometimes that's easier said than done. Or at least until now. We've always tried to have someone take point (we call it lead- pronounced "leed"- instead of point actually. But that spelling of lead is sometimes misleading. Wait! What were we talking about? Oh. Right.) to give each game the best chance of success for both fun and the forum award. We always wanted someone who has the game, enjoys it, and will be playing it multiple times during the week to take control of the chosen game of the week. Guess what? Now that "someone" can be you!

Members that are eligible may sign up for a monthly drawing (compliments of random.org) to choose the game they want to play (from the list of games below) and when they want to play it (again from the list below). We're even taking it a step further; we want you (yes, YOU!) to make the write up for your chosen game of the week! Don't worry, we have a template for you to use along with instructions for how we use it. Hooray for uniformity! No? Oh. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner...

So to recap:

-Winner picks the game from our list of available games below, the week it will be played, and gets to do the write-up!

-Random.org picks the winner each month.

-Anyone who signs up must be available to run a minimum of 3 one hour sessions during the chosen week.

So how do I qualify?

To be qualified you must have participated in at least one Community Gaming event (check our CG award tracking to see if you're credited) prior to signing up and you must have the ability to vouch. (Reminder- vouching is limited to x360a Ambassadors, Subscribers and Staff)

How do I get signed up?

Post to let us know the week and the game you wish to take the lead for. Anyone who isn't qualified will have their post deleted. An example post would look like:

Game- Left 4 Dead

Week- Nov.4 - Nov.10

Extra info

-We will remove the winning game from the list (because it'll be added to the replay list) and add in new games each month to keep up with demand. We'll also update each month with the available weeks.

-We will announce the winner with enough time to notify them with the template, help them with anything they need and discuss the date when they will post their thread.

-No need to make a new post each month. Just edit your previous post if you are changing the game or keeping the week current with the provided lists.

-If a member is unable to host any available games or weeks that month, please let us know or delete your post.

-As always, any questions, comments, concerns, let us know in the suggestion thread. :)

The list of possible December games:

Retail:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Bulletstorm

Call of Duty: Black Ops

FIFA '13

Lost Planet: Colonies

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Syndicate

Tomb Raider

Two Worlds II

Viva Pinata: Party Animals

Arcade:

Battleblock Theater

Castlevania Harmony of Despair

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Dungeon Defenders

Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

Full House Poker

Ms. Splosion Man

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Serious Sam: First And Second Encounter

Trials Evolution

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

Available Weeks for (month):

No longer available

Our next winner will be selected by:

No longer available

List of our previous winners:

Username: troy0891 x360a

Game: PayDay 2

Week: Nov.4 - Nov.10

Username: Inebriated Jedi

Game: Left 4 Dead

Week: Dec.9 - Dec.15

Username: UnarmedReaper07

Game: Dungeon Defenders

Week: Jan.13 - Jan.19

Edited by Grifter Reborn
as needed

• 2 weeks later...

Well random.org has selected our first winner for Community Choice!

From November 4th through the 10th our Game of the Week will be hosted by...

*drumroll*

*pause for effect*

troy0891 x360a !!!

She will be taking the lead on PayDay 2 and will have her lovely write up available for members to enjoy in the next couple of days.

Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I visited random.org and after some screaming, shouting, apologizing and a few high-fives, we finished watching our sporting event and actually picked a winner for December. With the holidays in plain sight, we felt that we needed something to bring home that holiday cheer. Apparently we cheer a lot when slaying hundreds of zombies. Not sure why exactly, but it's true.

So with Community Choice settled this time around, it appears the community can get together December 9-15 for some Left 4 Dead action hosted by the lovely not-so-sober guardian of light: Inebriated Jedi!!!

Remember to cheer so loud that your neighbors call the police.

Note: Please don't do that... if you do I will deny all responsibility.

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not, despite all the stories that are told about my powers over random.org, I have never had to beseech the almighty force myself. That changed this week as I approached the all knowing entity. In it's enduring wisdom, she decided to terrify me with the face of a reaper. But in that, the selection was made.

The selection has been made and winning the privilege to host January's Community Choice event is UnarmedReaper07. That means that from January 13-19, the game of the week will be Dungeon Defenders.

So, join me in congratulating UnarmedReadper07, the latest victim... err.... selection for the Community Choice event.

Now, I wanted to post this separately to not detract from Reaper's spotlight, but there is a sad piece of news to announce. The January event will be the last Community Choice event.

Originally, Grifter and I came up with these events as a way to give us a week off while running games that we didn't have access to. But with the expansion of the CET, we have far more flexibility to run more events and different types of events.

Furthermore, we have been struggling with how to best run the free Games with Gold that Microsoft gives away. As a result, we will be replacing the Community Choice event with a "Games with Gold" event on the final week of each month, where we will be running the free games of that month. So you can download those free games, safe in the knowledge that you will be able to play with the x360a community starting in February.

We know that this will come as a disappointment to some of you, but rest assured that we will continue to try to incorporate new games and suggestions into our Community Gaming line-up. I know I have a few games on my shopping list as a result of the wonderful suggestions that our community has made.

Finally, we have one more addition to the CG line up coming in the form of a Game of the Month. More details will be coming when we reveal the full January line up, but like the Games with Gold week, it will allow us to run some of our more requested games.

The future is looking good for x360a's Community Gaming program in 2014.

Now, I wanted to post this separately to not detract from Reaper's spotlight, but there is a sad piece of news to announce. The January event will be the last Community Choice event.

Originally, Grifter and I came up with these events as a way to give us a week off while running games that we didn't have access to. But with the expansion of the CET, we have far more flexibility to run more events and different types of events.

Furthermore, we have been struggling with how to best run the free Games with Gold that Microsoft gives away. As a result, we will be replacing the Community Choice event with a "Games with Gold" event on the final week of each month, where we will be running the free games of that month. So you can download those free games, safe in the knowledge that you will be able to play with the x360a community starting in February.

We know that this will come as a disappointment to some of you, but rest assured that we will continue to try to incorporate new games and suggestions into our Community Gaming line-up. I know I have a few games on my shopping list as a result of the wonderful suggestions that our community has made.

Finally, we have one more addition to the CG line up coming in the form of a Game of the Month. More details will be coming when we reveal the full January line up, but like the Games with Gold week, it will allow us to run some of our more requested games.

I like both of the new things. Hopefully Community Choice will find it's way back in some form down the line. I know I really enjoyed the week I got to take point.

It makes sense to go this route. With 2 free games every month we can know that there will be a bigger turnout for those games if there was an event.

Anyways good job so far. Keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...
I like both of the new things. Hopefully Community Choice will find it's way back in some form down the line. I know I really enjoyed the week I got to take point.

I'm sure it can comeback at some point if there's enough interest. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and shut this down. As Doug mentioned, the GwG week should start in February. Thank you again for everyone's support. :)