What a lovely online community we have...

josh862004

So I've been playing off and on today and finally 100%ed it. That damn Knights Honor was a pain after I messed up and dropped some stuff for a guy I was helping co op a few months ago not realizing I didn't have dupes of the stuff I gave him picked up....

Anyways finally got the last 2 achievements even though I usually don't care about getting 100%. And have been since just effing around in the Dukes Archives when I get the invasion message.

I figured okay. Got nothing much better to do, maybe some pvp would be fun. WRONG. Apparently I've been lucky and actually had decent people invade me the last few times, this mother fucker rushes me firing off dark beads until my guard breaks. Doing very little damage since I had my crest shield equipped the proceeds to pound me with an ax or halberd. So I said eff it and quit to dashboard on his ass.

Then the damn punk has the balls to message me multiple times saying I was just mad cause I suck. Jesus how I would like to get my hands on his punk ass! Anyways, I kept my composure for the most part, just told him that he fought like a bitch and good day to you.

(By the way I am well aware there are no set rules for online but it is nice when people at least play courteously instead of pulling cheap shit like this)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some invaders are ok, some, not many. I had a couple of genuine ones last night that I beat and one sent me a message to say well played. But yeah about 8 out of 10 are dicks.

However in defence of the online community as someone that more often plays co-op, the people I help are usually grateful and the people I summon are nearly always good sorts, so they are out there. I even got a message from someone last night after I died as a phantom fighting Smough, who said sorry if I didn't get the credit for the kill - when he saw I died he waded in to finish the fight hoping I would. Top bloke.

• 2 weeks later...
the co op community is far better than the pvp community. when ever i got invaded i just started an xbox live party which disconnects invader and boots me to the main menu then i leave party and just carry on from where i was

I agree, I've had nothing but good experiences from putting down my white sign.

When I played the game solo I usually went into party chat to avoid random encounters. I found it annoying when I was trying to get somewhere or do something within a set time and I would constantly get invaded, and 70% of time get killed.

To the OP, how exactly is using Darkbead and a Halberd a punk move? The person is purposely invading you to kill you and earn souls so why wouldnt he use the best spell and one of the best weapons (Im assuming he was using the Gargoyles Halberd)?

I understand being invaded is frustrating, but from what you discribed I dont see anything wrong. I play a caster and I use 18 darkbeads and use the Great Scythe or the Gargoyles Halberd.

How about this for a dickhead. Im playing co-op with a friend and we are in the painted world and get invaded. Mind you that when you invade you are going into someone elses game and if they are playing co-op they cannot disable invasions. The invader rushes me and didnt see my friend. We both start attacking him. He runs to the well and drops down to the bonewheels. He proceeds to message us calling us dicks for trying to gank him, yet he invaded my world. He then says he isnt going to come up and fight unless my friend leaves and that he isnt going to leave my game. We asked repeatedly nicely if he would just leave so we could clear the level and he wouldnt. After an hour of back and forth my friend and I quite out, which sucked because it took us 45 minutes to reconnect to each other.

When I played the game solo I usually went into party chat to avoid random encounters. I found it annoying when I was trying to get somewhere or do something within a set time and I would constantly get invaded, and 70% of time get killed.

To the OP, how exactly is using Darkbead and a Halberd a punk move? The person is purposely invading you to kill you and earn souls so why wouldnt he use the best spell and one of the best weapons (Im assuming he was using the Gargoyles Halberd)?

I understand being invaded is frustrating, but from what you discribed I dont see anything wrong. I play a caster and I use 18 darkbeads and use the Great Scythe or the Gargoyles Halberd.

How about this for a dickhead. Im playing co-op with a friend and we are in the painted world and get invaded. Mind you that when you invade you are going into someone elses game and if they are playing co-op they cannot disable invasions. The invader rushes me and didnt see my friend. We both start attacking him. He runs to the well and drops down to the bonewheels. He proceeds to message us calling us dicks for trying to gank him, yet he invaded my world. He then says he isnt going to come up and fight unless my friend leaves and that he isnt going to leave my game. We asked repeatedly nicely if he would just leave so we could clear the level and he wouldnt. After an hour of back and forth my friend and I quite out, which sucked because it took us 45 minutes to reconnect to each other.

I had a similar experience with coop on the painted world. Some guy got mad after invading our world because we ganged up on him. Although he didn't hide from us, he kept rejoining while we were trying to complete the level. We just kept putting him to shame but it was a pain in the ass :uzi:

So I've been playing off and on today and finally 100%ed it. That damn Knights Honor was a pain after I messed up and dropped some stuff for a guy I was helping co op a few months ago not realizing I didn't have dupes of the stuff I gave him picked up....

Anyways finally got the last 2 achievements even though I usually don't care about getting 100%. And have been since just effing around in the Dukes Archives when I get the invasion message.

I figured okay. Got nothing much better to do, maybe some pvp would be fun. WRONG. Apparently I've been lucky and actually had decent people invade me the last few times, this mother fucker rushes me firing off dark beads until my guard breaks. Doing very little damage since I had my crest shield equipped the proceeds to pound me with an ax or halberd. So I said eff it and quit to dashboard on his ass.

Then the damn punk has the balls to message me multiple times saying I was just mad cause I suck. Jesus how I would like to get my hands on his punk ass! Anyways, I kept my composure for the most part, just told him that he fought like a bitch and good day to you.

(By the way I am well aware there are no set rules for online but it is nice when people at least play courteously instead of pulling cheap shit like this)

Occasionally when I get invaded the little shit will know he'll lose so he leads me over to a Black Knight where I immediately get cleaved because of his cheap ass bullshit. I've literally cut down about 95% of the Dude's health only to get cleaved by the AI after he leads me too it. Fucking bull ass shit if you ask me.

I don't see anything wrong with what the invader did. His sole purpose is to kill you. I admit that dark bead is "cheap" but compare that to someone who has infinite hp/stamina modded, you got off lucky.

I would've sent you a message for dashing too. If you don't want to be invaded, go offline or don't turn human. Simple as that.

I don't see anything wrong with what the invader did. His sole purpose is to kill you. I admit that dark bead is "cheap" but compare that to someone who has infinite hp/stamina modded, you got off lucky.

I would've sent you a message for dashing too. If you don't want to be invaded, go offline or don't turn human. Simple as that.

It would've been ok if he bowed or said "good game" like do but NO... he sent me a message saying I sucked and then proceeded to t-bag my face.

that means you cant have people join your game for a co op session, if i get invadedwhen i dont want to be then il just start a party

When I get invaded, I set an ambush for the invader to get rid of them as fast as possible.

I don't much care for the "rules" the invading community likes to try and impose.

You have 102 poise. "You're a poise-stacking, cheap ass bastard"

You use the DWGR. "You only beat me because you used a cheap ring"

You use Dark Bead/Pursuers. "You only won because you used an OP, cheap-ass spell".

You use a backstab. "You're a lag-stabbing bitch"

The list goes on and on. It's like the only way to play "fair" is to basically use nothing but unupgraded starting equipment or something.

that means you cant have people join your game for a co op session, if i get invadedwhen i dont want to be then il just start a party

It's part of the game. You gotta take some good with the bad. I've co-op with a friend many a time. If I get invaded while I'm waiting for my friend's summon sign to appear then the cost of doing business. I would expect that person to try any means necessary to kill me. If you want to duel, go to the burg or township.

If yo start a party then it'll kick you out of the game.

i know it kick you out but you can just load straight back up and carry on, i

It's part of the game. You gotta take some good with the bad. I've co-op with a friend many a time. If I get invaded while I'm waiting for my friend's summon sign to appear then the cost of doing business. I would expect that person to try any means necessary to kill me. If you want to duel, go to the burg or township.

i dont do this all the time btw i dont mind dueling i just hate laggy back stabs those are annoying but cant be helped i guess, i dont have a problem with magic i can block spells no problem and most are easy to dodge anyways but yh i dont mind dueling its just for those times i wanna be human but not get invaded. i only ever seem to get invaded in anor londo , duke of archives , kiln of the first flame and the forrest, .

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

i dont do this all the time btw i dont mind dueling i just hate laggy back stabs those are annoying but cant be helped i guess, i dont have a problem with magic i can block spells no problem and most are easy to dodge anyways but yh i dont mind dueling its just for those times i wanna be human but not get invaded. i only ever seem to get invaded in anor londo , duke of archives , kiln of the first flame and the forrest, .

The connection is much better on PC. However, I tend to stay away from being online because I hate being invaded. I want to play campaign and enjoy it by myself or with a friend, not with some ass joining in whenever they want and killing me mid-progress.

I've been invaded in the Painted World almost every time I visit there with online enabled. Seems to be very popular as well. Depending on your soul level, you might get invaded more often than others

The connection is much better on PC. However, I tend to stay away from being online because I hate being invaded. I want to play campaign and enjoy it by myself or with a friend, not with some ass joining in whenever they want and killing me mid-progress.

I've been invaded in the Painted World almost every time I visit there with online enabled. Seems to be very popular as well. Depending on your soul level, you might get invaded more often than others

i wouldnt even attempt gaming on this shed of a pc haha its terrible, but yh now you mention it i remember gettin invaded often in painted world, but i didnt really get invaded as much a i did when i was a lower level im around 200 or something now i dont get invaded much or find co op games much either i used to just put my sign down and help people with ornstein and smough but now it takes like 40mins to get a co op game haha

Just use Dried Knuckle. End of story.

The Dried Finger is used to reset the 10 minute timer between invasions, so using it would actually increase the frequency of potential invasions.

Most here are saying they don't enjoy it; not that they want more of it.

Not sure if you were aware of what that item does.

The Dried Finger is used to reset the 10 minute timer between invasions, so using it would actually increase the frequency of potential invasions.

Most here are saying they don't enjoy it; not that they want more of it.

Not sure if you were aware of what that item does.

Nope. Clearly misunderstood the use. Thought it meant you would actually be invaded less. Oh well.

The first time I heard about it, I swore I read that is slowed invasion times, as in make them less frequent. Just goes to show you believe everything you read on the internet.

EDIT: Nope, I clearly just miss read it. Thought it was saying it would extended the timer. But if fact it clears it. That could of been bad...

My apologies.

Edited by InfamousTruth

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there are a few ways to not get invaded. Can't really bitch about if you didn't use any of them.

It would've been ok if he bowed or said "good game" like do but NO... he sent me a message saying I sucked and then proceeded to t-bag my face.

Well, he doesn't have to bow. That's a courtesy.

If yo start a party then it'll kick you out of the game.
Start it before you start the game up.

When I get invaded, I set an ambush for the invader to get rid of them as fast as possible.

I don't much care for the "rules" the invading community likes to try and impose.

You use Dark Bead/Pursuers. "You only won because you used an OP, cheap-ass spell".

The list goes on and on. It's like the only way to play "fair" is to basically use nothing but unupgraded starting equipment or something.

Really? Of those the only one I see people complain about it the dark magic spells.

Nope. Clearly misunderstood the use. Thought it meant you would actually be invaded less. Oh well.

The first time I heard about it, I swore I read that is slowed invasion times, as in make them less frequent. Just goes to show you believe everything you read on the internet.

EDIT: Nope, I clearly just miss read it. Thought it was saying it would extended the timer. But if fact it clears it. That could of been bad...

My apologies.

:biglaugh

• 2 weeks later...

I played the DkS2 beta, and they fixed the backstab thing. I hardly got backstabbed, due it to being harder. Also, if you are getting backstabbed, and you have a friend with you, they can stop them by hitting them. The spells take longer to go off, which is good and bad. Glad From Software smartened up for DkS2.