Purchase two upgrades for the new vigors/plasmids

Destroy ten turrets

Kill 5 enemies with new ability #1

Cause friendly fire damage with new ability #1 15 times

Kill 5 enemies with new ability #2

Freeze 2 enemies with new ability #2 trap

Ride the tram

Edited by BiggD

Looks okay in my eyes. Seems to be they are not really difficult. But in this DLC the Story should be in the center, anyway. And i think (hope) that this is the case and we can enjoy hundreds of awesome hours (maybe 5+) of gameplay with this DLC :dance:

Sorry dude, but the previews going around the web suggest that this is quite short, with the playing time being around 90 minutes... Which is just longer than Harley Quinn's Revenge... But only JUST.

I really am looking forward to more Bioshock but...

I'm actually disappointed that there is no play the game in 1999 mode achievement. For a game as short as it's reported to be, I would imagine they would like to encourage and reward gamers to play on higher difficulties.

I'm also disappointed with the list in general... The focus is on two new plasmids - whoop-de-f***ing-do(!) and one of them sounds just like a variation of Winter Blast! I would have thought they could have had a couple of secret achievements - a la the High Score achievement in Minerva's Den.

It seriously looks like the list can be completed in once playthrough which I think is extremely disappointing considering it's been seven months since the season pass promised "more story and more adventure".

I just hope to God that the gameplay is not reflective of the achievements on display here... If you haven't guessed already, I really don't like this list.

I'm actually disappointed that there is no play the game in 1999 mode achievement. For a game as short as it's reported to be, I would imagine they would like to encourage and reward gamers to play on higher difficulties.

I can see them adding in a "complete the entire Burial at Sea campaign on 1999 mode" achievement when the second part comes out. It would make more sense for finishing it as a whole rather than for each part since part one is supposed to be have a lot of story building and exploration.

I'm also disappointed with the list in general... The focus is on two new plasmids - whoop-de-f***ing-do(!) and one of them sounds just like a variation of Winter Blast! I would have thought they could have had a couple of secret achievements - a la the High Score achievement in Minerva's Den.

But you can play on 1999 Mode on your own. Why would we need an achievement for that? :confused:

Seems to me that you think the experience is dependent on the achievements, when the story and experience is entirely independent from whatever the achievements have to offer.

I can see them adding in a "complete the entire Burial at Sea campaign on 1999 mode" achievement when the second part comes out. It would make more sense for finishing it as a whole rather than for each part since part one is supposed to be have a lot of story building and exploration.

I doubt that. Achievements for one piece of DLC can't be dependent on another piece on DLC. Doesn't matter if it's an episodic or "broken down" DLC or not.

Edited by BiggD

Like kiedis1984 mentioned, "Old Man Winter" sounds like Winter Blast from the first game.

Break the Ice - Shattered 5 enemies who have been frozen with Old Man Winter.

Then there's holding down the left trigger for a trap

Snowball Effect - Froze 2 enemies with the same Old Man Winter trap.

Seems like Irrational could be recycling old plasmids again, like Incinerate to Devil's Kiss, or Insect Swarm to Murder of Crows. The real issue I want to figure out though, is if the new plasmids in Burial at Sea can be combined to create damaging combos. I think many people complained about the combat of Infinite stating that hey look you've got:

Possession (stun/distraction/suicide)

Devil's Kiss (stun/bit more damage)

Murder of Crows (stun)

Shock Jockey (stun/shooting at victim doubles damage they revieve while stunned)

Bucking Bronco (stun/levitate)

Charge (heavy melee)

Undertow (pull/push)

Return to Sender (shield/projectile flinger)

That's 5 of the 8 vigors which have stun-like elements. But it wasn't until many who got through Clash in the Clouds (or played the main story six times like myself) who understood the great damage and variation you could do to enemies when combining vigors.

Use Bucking Bronco with Charge to send some enemies blasting off like Team Rocket and give yourself some breathing room. Use Shock Jockey and Undertow to deal massive damage to mechanized monsters like the Motorized Patriot or a Handyman. Use Shock Jockey and Murder of Crows to dish out great punishment to normal enemies and pull off headshots quicker, saving yourself some ammo yadda yadda.

I want to see if this Old Man Winter and Radar Range can be combined effectively. I want to see how Irrational can combine elements of BioShock and BioShock: Infinite to create a thrilling combat/story driven FPS experience.

I doubt that. Achievements for one piece of DLC can't be dependent on another piece on DLC. Doesn't matter if it's an episodic or "broken down" DLC or not.

Looking back now, you're right as I totally forgot about Microsoft enforcing that after the big Fable II hullabaloo.

You'd think they would be able to circumvent that rule with episodic content, but the fact that people would, and do, buy episodic content not in sequential order ruins that idea.

Like kiedis1984 mentioned, "Old Man Winter" sounds like Winter Blast from the first game.

Break the Ice - Shattered 5 enemies who have been frozen with Old Man Winter.

Then there's holding down the left trigger for a trap

Snowball Effect - Froze 2 enemies with the same Old Man Winter trap.

Seems like Irrational could be recycling old plasmids again, like Incinerate to Devil's Kiss, or Insect Swarm to Murder of Crows. The real issue I want to figure out though, is if the new plasmids in Burial at Sea can be combined to create damaging combos. I think many people complained about the combat of Infinite stating that hey look you've got:

Possession (stun/distraction/suicide)

Devil's Kiss (stun/bit more damage)

Murder of Crows (stun)

Shock Jockey (stun/shooting at victim doubles damage they revieve while stunned)

Bucking Bronco (stun/levitate)

Charge (heavy melee)

Undertow (pull/push)

Return to Sender (shield/projectile flinger)

That's 5 of the 8 vigors which have stun-like elements. But it wasn't until many who got through Clash in the Clouds (or played the main story six times like myself) who understood the great damage and variation you could do to enemies when combining vigors.

Use Bucking Bronco with Charge to send some enemies blasting off like Team Rocket and give yourself some breathing room. Use Shock Jockey and Undertow to deal massive damage to mechanized monsters like the Motorized Patriot or a Handyman. Use Shock Jockey and Murder of Crows to dish out great punishment to normal enemies and pull off headshots quicker, saving yourself some ammo yadda yadda.

I want to see if this Old Man Winter and Radar Range can be combined effectively. I want to see how Irrational can combine elements of BioShock and BioShock: Infinite to create a thrilling combat/story driven FPS experience.

Oh, Lemons.

Looking back now, you're right as I totally forgot about Microsoft enforcing that after the big Fable II hullabaloo.

You'd think they would be able to circumvent that rule with episodic content, but the fact that people would, and do, buy episodic content not in sequential order ruins that idea.

Yeah :( It would make sense but it's a loss opportunity. Still, this list does look alright, but could be better. Either way, I'm sure the actual content is going to be extremely satisfying.

Seems to me that you think the experience is dependent on the achievements, when the story and experience is entirely independent from whatever the achievements have to offer

I don't, I just think that the list is not very imaginative and dull. The main campaign achievements are also boring consisting mostly of "kill X amount of enemies with weapon Y". Did it make me like the game any less? No it didn't, and I'll properly like the DLC, my argument was that they could of have some interesting achievements to work of whilst we play the DLC.

I don't, I just think that the list is not very imaginative and dull. The main campaign achievements are also boring consisting mostly of "kill X amount of enemies with weapon Y". Did it make me like the game any less? No it didn't, and I'll properly like the DLC, my argument was that they could of have some interesting achievements to work of whilst we play the DLC.

I understand you. Talking about the achievements themselves, then yeah...I don't like this list at all. But still, the story is going to be bangin' :D

250:gsicon:, eh? So that'll bring up the grand total to 1445:gsicon:.

I miss the days when every retail game with DLC ended up with 1250, 1500, or 1750 :gsicon:. Oh well. #everypointcounts

Can still be 'fixed' with Episode 2, but I doubt it. I just wish the stupid Clash in the Clouds didn't have 195G. Something like 200G would have been good enough.

Anyway, achievements look much easier than the dreaded first DLC, which is probably no surprise as this DLC is all about story rather than gameplay like its predecessor.

Count me in!

EDIT: I have also read somewhere that there will be a 1999 Mode in Burial at Sea, though there are obviously no achievements tied to it (funnily enough).

Edited by Fiery Phoenix

when does this come out?

I think it might be out sooner than I thought. Seems like the achievements are updated to include the BaSP1 DLC on xbox.com. I don't have the completion for BioShock: Infinite on my profile anymore. I have the 60 achievements with 1195 :gsicon: but now it's been bumped up to 70 achievements with 1445 :gsicon:.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/profile/342532/