GFWL removed from Steam games

Ryot Control

Good news about DoWII:

I found where I had backed up my install files to, and if you use the no-steam crack the GFWL version works fine.

I haven't tried beyond logging in and going to the menu, but it logged me into Live fine.

Can you explain exactly how to do that. I haven't started Steam since the update came out. Trying running the game from the installation folder but it just tries to start Steam up.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you explain exactly how to do that. I haven't started Steam since the update came out. Trying running the game from the installation folder but it just tries to start Steam up.

First of all, copy the install folder from your steamapps/common/ folder to somewhere else. (probably two other places so you have a backup)

Then download the no-steam fixed files. (I got them from gamecopyworld, google it) Follow the readme included with those. It should copy over two or three files in the install folder. Then it should launch fine without needing to launch Steam.

• 2 months later...
Dark Souls’ Games for Windows Live to Steam migration is now live.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211420/announcements/detail/206368522048405952

if you ready its in beta its not officially in steam version till feb 16 2015, right now its just a beta version lol. As I can still access gfwl on my steam copy.

• 3 months later...