Kinect is £10 at all GAME stores- UK

Barad

Or the fact it comes with almost every xbox 360 now.

The kinect is dead. M$ decoupled the Kinect from the X1 to boost sales, but in fact what they're actually doing is walking away from the kinect. After shoving it down our throats for many years, they're deciding to abandon the project. I expect developers to just continue making games as normal as if the kinect didn't ever exist like they've been doing already.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time and money, M$.

The kinect is dead. M$ decoupled the Kinect from the X1 to boost sales, but in fact what they're actually doing is walking away from the kinect. After shoving it down our throats for many years, they're deciding to abandon the project. I expect developers to just continue making games as normal as if the kinect didn't ever exist like they've been doing already.

Thanks you M$!

Fixed that for you.

Kinect was pretty great last gen, and has massive potential on current gen in the future. Both with games and interaction I think.

On the games front, when exactly does this potential come to fruition? It's been five years now, in tech-years, that's far too long to keep hoping for something to be success -- especially where gaming is concerned. Microsoft must have incurred great losses keeping this thing in play, poor Xbox One sales early on finally broke the camel's back. We'll likely see similar problems when all of these virtual reality headsets start releasing.

On the games front, when exactly does this potential come to fruition? It's been five years now, in tech-years, that's far too long to keep hoping for something to be success -- especially where gaming is concerned. Microsoft must have incurred great losses keeping this thing in play, poor Xbox One sales early on finally broke the camel's back. We'll likely see similar problems when all of these virtual reality headsets start releasing.

I just think it's terrible that people automatically expect a kinect game to suck major balls when it's announced. I mean, the fact that when you learn its a kinect game and your expectations go WAY down is horrible, at least in my view.

The only good games that the kinect decides to work for are the Dance Central games. That's it. Fighter Within? Sucked. Steel Battalion? Sucked. Sonic Free Riders? Sucked. Just to name a few.

All that said, I do hear decent things about it for the X1 interface, so I guess that's a point in its favor.

I'm hoping someday a game comes out that will show the kinect's full potential. All I can say is the device is a massive improvement over it's predecessor, and although mine is packed away somewhere, I still have hope that I'll find some serious use for it someday. I agree about VR's future though, it's getting some hype now but I can see it being meh when it releases. See I guess.