My safe file just got corrupted

zankarne

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here 27% completion last night, had just confronted Shiva's and triggered the second of her missions, scanned an anarky tag and pressed start to quit to the main menu. corrupt save.

really annoyed obviously, if this was any other game series, i'd have given up, but i just started again. hope they fix this soon.

This is actually ridiculous. Just had my second corrupt save! Weirdly they both corrupt at 25% at the EXACT same point. Obv I have a backup now but this is still unacceptable.

EDIT: Copied the backup save and loaded it again. Froze in the same place about 2 seconds later. No corrupt save but it seems I cannot progress.. Yey :D

Edited by xTGMx INF3RNO

I have been playing Arkham Origins completely offline since day 1 (no internet connection atm) and haven't got the day 1 patch yet even after only playing offline and not having the patch, I boot it up today and when choosing a save file, instead of stats it says Corrupt Save! Im actually livid because I did nothing different to any of the times before and yet somethings corrupted it, even though I've been completely offline! So for those thinking playing only offline will work, be warned it doesn't! D:

I have been playing Arkham Origins completely offline since day 1 (no internet connection atm) and haven't got the day 1 patch yet even after only playing offline and not having the patch, I boot it up today and when choosing a save file, instead of stats it says Corrupt Save! Im actually livid because I did nothing different to any of the times before and yet somethings corrupted it, even though I've been completely offline! So for those thinking playing only offline will work, be warned it doesn't! D:

That's good to know. This means that the only true way to solve this problem is for the devs to patch it. There doesn't seem to be anyway to reduce this issue besides backing up a previous save.

Loaded my game up today...yep, I'm also part of the corrupt save crew. No issues with regards to freezing whilst saving. Saved and exited the normal way last time I played.

Things like this make me put games to the side. Happened to me on Hitman too, haven't touched that since. I'm afraid right now I feel the same for this.

Shit...just get my third freeze...in a middle of an autosave, now it's corrupted...

I was thinking that it was my 360 the problem but after I see this topic, i can say now, it's not...

WHY I DONT STOP PLAYING THIS GAME AFTER 2 FREEZE :eek:

Just loose 20% approx....lot of second mission done for nothing, i'm so disappointed, I should do like AVGN does to his nintendo cartridge, but on this game.

Interesting, so it's not the day 1 patch that has caused this, it's the raw version of the game. WB are a joke.

I've been playing offline and haven't had a completely corrupted save, but I did have one issue that made me have to restart.

I was starting the Mad Hatter case and was fighting the goons at the beginning. It appeared to be a good room for the particular Shadow Vigilante challenge I was on, so I restarted after missing what I was going after. When the game reloaded from the restart option, I was falling continuously. Restarted again and the same thing happened, so I quit to the main menu. When I chose my safe file, it showed the file I was on and everything looked fine. Showed my percentage and difficulty correctly. However, when I clicked Story Mode, the Continue Story option was no longer available and it was replaced by the New Game button. It seemed to know I had a game in progress because when I pressed New Game, it asked me if I was sure I wanted to overwrite my current game, but I had no option anywhere to load that particular game back up.

Even weirder, when I started the game over, I had all my Riddler packs still collected, all my upgrades, etc. I even had the story related gadgets straight from the get go, well before they'd normally be obtained. The only things that had gone away were my progress in the main story and the cases that I had done and the progress in the Dark Knight challenges. Still annoyed to have to restart, but at least I don't have to re-collect the Enigma packs that I had found so far.

I've been playing offline and haven't had a completely corrupted save, but I did have one issue that made me have to restart.

I was starting the Mad Hatter case and was fighting the goons at the beginning. It appeared to be a good room for the particular Shadow Vigilante challenge I was on, so I restarted after missing what I was going after. When the game reloaded from the restart option, I was falling continuously. Restarted again and the same thing happened, so I quit to the main menu. When I chose my safe file, it showed the file I was on and everything looked fine. Showed my percentage and difficulty correctly. However, when I clicked Story Mode, the Continue Story option was no longer available and it was replaced by the New Game button. It seemed to know I had a game in progress because when I pressed New Game, it asked me if I was sure I wanted to overwrite my current game, but I had no option anywhere to load that particular game back up.

Even weirder, when I started the game over, I had all my Riddler packs still collected, all my upgrades, etc. I even had the story related gadgets straight from the get go, well before they'd normally be obtained. The only things that had gone away were my progress in the main story and the cases that I had done and the progress in the Dark Knight challenges. Still annoyed to have to restart, but at least I don't have to re-collect the Enigma packs that I had found so far.

The infinite fall bug is noted, and is fixed in the upcoming 1.03 patch which should land some point this week.

I had/have the same problem. I got the "unable to continue" glitch, installed the patch and was able to continue where i left off. I thought "cool, i'll go do some challenges/mp". After playing mp went back to story, and now when i continue my story i'm placed in an out-of-map, endless freefall. Hopefully there is another patch for this glitch too.

Good job WB, dont ever make another game again!

I had completed the campaign on original mode, and completed new game plus, was about to start the final one, and I took a break and when I turned my xbox back on to give it a bash said my game save was corrupted ive not deleted it yet in the slight glimmer of hope that an update may perhaps resolve the issue, but im absolute raging, Had almost every single enigma data pack, which I spent far too long collecting aha! Just had to restart the game in the meantime, which im pretty cool with tbh.

Add me to the list of corrupt save. Awesome. I've fallen through the ground once, and around probably 25% I would get the infinite loading screen during fast travel. The corrupt save happened as I was getting the weapon crates, did a fast travel and just got a black screen. Quit to the dash, went back in.... corrupt save. Pretty pissed. They should consider refunds at this point. Sucks since I was having fun, but after that many hours gone I don't see me playing it again.

I wish I had done that too...

I waited until the last patch before playing this on my main profile. Was doing the post-story mop up stuff when it finally froze for the first time. Corrupted save. :(

I continued backing my save up even after the patch. I don't trust a dev that can put a game out with such a big glitch.

Gosh! I was just about to start this game tonight when I saw this thread. So this bug can affect the file even when quitting the game properly? Now I'm scared. That means even backing up the save file can still not be 100% safe.

Combined with another thread here about 100% bug, I guess I'd play CoD: Ghost & Lego Marvel S. Hero before a patch is released.

P.S. I also encountered the Arkham City (PC) save file corrupt bug, lost about 6 hrs of efforts, but fortunately it didn't happen in my 2nd game save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i bought this game and ac4 cheap on black Friday and have purposely avoiding starting this one and sticking to playing ac4. as i start to reach the end of ac4 i am disappointing that even now many people continue to have issues. i think it'll stay shrink wrapped till i see updates that people can say the game works as advertised.

but a game on release day that works as advertised apparently is becoming too much to ask for from devs, and publishers

if this kind of thing continues to happen as much as it has been then just as that youtube video i saw predicted a second game industry crash is bound to happen

• 2 weeks later...

Had multiple freezing issues with this game and have gone back to it this evening and have a corrupted save.

Have played for about 6 hours and am so angry. The game definitely wasn't saving when I quit, and I used the pause menu, quit to main menu and then to dashboard.

I wasn't particularly enjoying the game - I felt like I was re-playing Arkham Asylum/City with a much less gripping storyline. I hate leaving a game having done so little but I'm struggling to decide whether it's worth wasting another 6 hours (or more) of my life only for this to happen again.