Official Bitching Thread

darthmushu

Surprised this is not made yet..start the bitching!

Corrupted Save File Already

Locking up when trying to connect to WB online. Really? You're not Rockstar..which is sucking right now too.

Counters sucks...fighting is not as smooth as Arkham City.

Camera messes up a lot. Does it seem like it makes you fight closer so its harder to see the big picture about the asshole attacking you from the side?

Glitched when going after a Riddler interrogation suspect. Couldn't interrogate him...he was locked up in fear, lol.

This is what I think so far, what about you?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it feels like a predecessor to Arkham Asylym + City. And i dont mean storywise.

Many textures are muddy and in low resolution. Some cutscenes have stutters. The lighting is very weak at some places and the light effects on batman's suit seems just not right to me.

The combat mechanics are way too fast now. I dont have the feeling to be in full control of the situation. If i failed a combo in Arkham City it was always my own fault and not some lucky punches from thugs out of the blind angle of the camera. It becomes more frustrating than challenging.

Its still a very enjoyable game. But only the parts of the game i know from Arkham Asylum + City. The things they changed i dont like, especially the multiplayer. Completely unnecessary in its current form.

Honestly, not letting us install disc 2 is a big oversight. Old xbox models are so damn noisy, it feels like it might break any moment and send disc shards into my face. Really hope they patch this trash. I got around it in GTA V by installing disc 2 on a usb disc. No texture pop in problems or noisy disc drive.

Good job WB/Splash damage *facepalm*

Who the hell came up with the idea of adding multiplayer anyway to the arkham serie. From what i have seen so far ts just more mindless shooting (gears of wars style) at eachother with 2 lucky people being able to play batman/robin to annoy the living shit out of people. Other then that its conquest style of game mode. On top of that they add 10+ MP achievement to force people that have 100% arkham games multiple times into this shitty multiplayer hell hole.

This game has alot of positives but since it is this type of post I am only going to focus on the cons I have experienced while playing this

Cons - Game breaking Glitches , black screens , constant freezing and Frame rate tear lag , corrupting saving files , Audio issues , The city feels lifeless and bare with some animations lacking final polish

The Multiplayer is such a joke - it's fucking awful.

It had a great concept... terrible execution. Whoever gets the boss first wins the game. Still don't even understand what Batman & Robin's purpose is since it doesn't appear they can actually win the game. The hit detection is horrid. I sat and shot into some guy's face for like 10 straight seconds - no kill.

Not being able to install disc 2 is a bit annoying.

I've had to restart after completing 13%...Not because of a corrupt file, but my own stupidity. The main menu has a weird level difficulty 'cycle' option using the a button which you would usually hit to start the game. I realized I'd accidentally set it to easy, which wouldn't open new game plus, so had to quit. Grrr.

Main story seems OK. Bit worried about missable achievements though.

An early gripe is that I'd opened the first combat trophies map, and despite being good at combat on asylum and City, I failed to get 3 trophies. I assume they're pushing the player to use gadgets rather than rely on freeflow bonus and evade.

Pretty solid so far, but agree that it's not finely honed.

Suffered my first major freeze. Am expecting more.

Counter is awful in this game. WTF did they change it for!? Double counter sucks as it's real easy to lose your flow/get hit. Really needs work. Camera angles don't help.

Still enjoying the story though. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get 40,000 on combat map 1 though. Must need more upgrades...

Edited by flynn423
update

Grappled death stroke at the beginning of the fight and he bugged out. Wouldn't move or anything. I could beat on him, but I wouldn't have been able to get the achievement.

Counters, while they do work, are more involved. It's harder to counter mid combo than in ac or aa. Combat just moves too quickly.

Also the camera angles suck. I'm constantly getting hit by guys right behind me but I can't see them.

!!!SPOILER!!!

I rented it for 2 days and rushed through the story (with at least 10 freezes). While it was not as entertaining as AA or AC, I still enjoyed the gameplay.

But what I found most disappointing and annoying was the story. I was totally stoked for Black Mask and the Asassins, just to get the effing Joker again?

Don't get me wrong, but I thought it was meant to be the Origins Story of Batman facing his first challenges. Like the recent trailer implied.

Instead we get a "how I met the Joker"-story with Batman turning emo...

And fighting Bane 3 times all over? What a joke..

:chair

^

I think it's because you are hitting Y to early and that gives him the hit.

I wish they would of added more stuff to this game. Deep down inside it feels to much like Arkham city, but at the same time it's kind of good since there is no chance to fuck the series up.

I'm not though.

Like I said, I'm not having trouble countering him at all. He's just performing animations that automatically hit me because there's not even a button prompt to counter the attack.

Farting about with counter seems to be a major problem for people across several boards. It's shit. It either doesn't work at all, leaves you open or randomly breaks your flow.

Why the f**k did they break something that didn't need fixing? It seems that they tampered with it to add the double counter, but in doing so messed up everything else.

After being excited with my first foray into the game, day two of playing has left me frustrated as hell. They should have delayed this, if not just for the freezing issues.

The bloody combat tampering is bullsh*t though. Control over Batman just seems to drop mid flow. grrr.