Legend of the Dark Knight Challenge Guide

xoskxflip

***SPOILERS***

Shadow Vigilante - 15 Challenges

1. Perform 5 Counters

(5x)Simply press the :ybut: button once an enemy is about to attack you.

2. Use the Quickfire batarang 3 times while in combat

While in combat press the combo :ltbut:+:ltbut: to fire a quickfire batarang. Must be done in one freeflow combo.

3. Reach x8 Combo Multiplier

Simply reach a x8 multiplier in one freeflow combo.

4. Perform 3 Special Combo (Y+B) Takedowns

Once you reach a x8 combination(or x5 with the upgrade) your multiplier will be yellow. (x3)At this point perform a :ybut:+:bbut: takedown. Does not have to be in the same freeflow combination.

5. Complete a fight without leaving focus mode

Once you have completed Shadow Vigilante rank 4 you can enter focus mode during a freeflow combination. You must reach x12 multiplier to be in focus mode, simply finish the fight while in focus mode.

6. Score a combat variation bonus of 3 or more in one fight

Simply perform 3 or more variations in a single freeflow combo. Some of the easier ones are strike(:xbut:), counter(:ybut:), and batarang(:ltbut:+:ltbut:).

7. Knockdown at least 3 enemies with explosive gel

During a combo you can perform a quickfire explosive gel takedown(:ltbut:+:xbut:). Simply repeat 3 times.

8. Knock down 2 enemies in one slide

Simply run(hold :abut:) up to a group of enemies and take 2 of them down with a slide(:rtbut:while running)

9. Perform a counter in the middle of a beatdown

Simply counter(:ybut:) an enemy while attacking another enemy.

10. Get an A grade in a fight with at least a high threat level

You must find a pretty good sized group of enemies with weapons/shields in order for the threat level to be high or extreme. Simply get an "A" grade in one of these fights. Use variations and try not to get hit too often.

11. Use the power gadget ability 3 times

Free flow focus must be unlocked. Once you reach free flow focus(x12 combo), fire a gadget(ie batarang :ltbut:+:ltbut:). Repeat 3 times.

12. Perform 20 critical strikes in one free flow combo

Must have the critical strike upgrade unlocked by completing Shiva's tests and defeating her. Once reaching a x3 combo simply just hit x after each successful hit to do a critical strike(also ups combo by 2 pts). Complete 20 of these in one freeflow combo.

13. Reach x30 multiplier and perform 7 variations in a single fight

Find a good group of enemies and use 7 variations during a single fight while achieving a x30 multiplier. Some common variations are hit(:xbut:), counter(:ybut:), stun(:bbut:), beatdown while stunned(:xbut::xbut::xbut::xbut::xbut:), ground pound(:ltbut::ybut: while an enemy is stunned on the ground), quickfire explosive gel(:ltbut::xbut:), batclaw slam(:ltbut::ybut: while enemy is standing), quickfire batarang(:ltbut::ltbut:), quickfire glue grenade(:rtbut::rtbut:), quickfire concussion detonator(:ltbut::bbut:), special takedown(:ybut::bbut:), special batswarm(:abut::xbut:), special multi-ground takedown(:abut::bbut:while enemies stunned on ground), special disarm(:ybut::xbut:)

14. Take out 3 or more enemies with one use of the multi-ground takedown

Find a good group of enemies and achieve a x8(or x5 with the upgrade) special combo. Now put a quickfire explosive gel(:ltbut::xbut:) down and just keep jumping over guys until you can get 3 of them at the same time, detonate the gel and use the special takedown(:abut::bbut:) once 3 of them are stunned on the ground.

15. Complete a fight with a medium or higher threat level without being hit, with a x50 combo and at least 15 variations

You will probably be near the end of the game once you go for this challenge so you will have shock gloves and critical strikes unlocked which give you 2 points to your combo per hit. Use the variations and do some variations with the shock gloves to get the 15 varations. Plus use critical hits to achieve the x50 combo and do not get hit. Restart checkpoint until you get it down.

Gotham Protector - 15 Challenges

1. Perform a Straight 75 Meter Glide(Grapnel Accelorator not allowed)

Simply glide from a high point for over 75 meters without using the accelorator.

2. Perform a Vertical Dive for Over 25 Meters

Travel to a point over 25 meters in the world and glide off of it while holding :rtbut:.

3. Complete the Basic AR Glide Drills

There are 4 challenges that will appear on the map once rank 2 is unlocked. Complete all of these and you will receive the grapnel accelerator.

4. Perform 1 Grapnel Accelerator Takedown

Simply find some guards patrolling on a rooftop and find one close to a ledge that you can grapnel to with the :rbbut: signal. Grapnel to the ledge right by the guard and do a boost(:abut:+:abut:)

5. Stop a Crime in Progress

As you traverse the world you will receive notifications of crimes in progress. Simply stop one of these to complete the challenge.

6. Use the Smoke Pellet to Set Up a Takedown Opportunity

This must be in a predator type environment. There are some opportunities on rooftops, steel industry, or the ship. Simply drop smoke when an enemy is near and approach them from behind for a silent takedown(:ybut:)

7. Perform a Straight 250 Meter Glide (Grapnel Accelerator Allowed)

Simply glide while using the grapnel accelerator to complete this challenge. Best to do on the bridge to unlock the point-to-point achievement also.

8. Reach The Top of the Soder Cola Building in Diamond District

In the Diamond District the Soder Cola Building is next to the bridge. It has a blue neon sign with "Soder Cola" on the top of it.

9. Perform a Straight 150 Meter Glide (Grapnel Accelerator Not Allowed)

This can be completed from a high point in the world such as the Soder Cola Building. If you need some help you can dive and then pull up to get a few extra meters. Can not use the Grapnel Accelerator.

10. Complete the Intermediate AR Glide Drills

Once rank 9 is completed, there will be new Intermediate AR glide drill icons on the map. Complete these 2 to unlock the shockwave attack.

11. Knock Down 3 Enemies with a Single Shockwave Attack

Find a group of 3 or more thugs and perform a shockwave attack on them. Dive(:rtbut: while gliding) then when you hit the ground, shockwave(:bbut:)

12. Perform a Vertical Dive for Over 50 Meters

Find a very tall buiding in the world and perform a dive while gliding.

13. Complete the Advanced AR Drills

Once rank 12 is completed, the AR drills will reappear on the map. Complete the 2 advanced ones to complete this challenge.

14. Glide for 25 Meters while Maintaining of Height of Less Than 5 Meters

Find a spot that you can successfully dive and pull up without hitting anything. Simply stay low to the ground for 25 meters to complete this challenge.

15. Stop a Crime in Progress in Each District

This challenge is glitchy if you are trying to attempt it one playthrough. You can stop a crime in each district except the Pioneer Bridge one after the initial Pioneer Bridge crime in progress. There are however multiple crimes in progress in the Bowery district and one with the enforcer will count as the Bridge district after completing 8/9. Also, you can wait until new game + to complete the Pioneer Bridge crime in progress.

Edited by xoskxflip

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst Nightmare - 15 Challenges

***Best to knock these out as soon as the opportunity arises as these are easily missable***

***If you follow this guide exactly you can complete all in one playthrough***

1. Perform an Inverted Takedown, a Vent Takedown, and a Wall Takedown

One of the first predator encounters is when you are going to decrypt Enigma's first radio tower. There is a hostage situation in which it tells you to drop smoke in order to take down the thugs. Simply travel atop the wall joints until you are on top of the hostage-taker and perform an inverted takedown. The enemies will run away and be positioned for the next two takedowns. Travel through the vent and perform a vent takedown then perform a wall takedown on the enemy next to the breakable wall.

2. Perform 3 Silent Takedowns in a single Predator Encounter

This can be done on rooftoops or during an actual story predator encounter. Simply sneak up behind 3 enemies and perform a silent takedown(:ybut:) on each enemy. This can be performed before entering the ship to meet penguin and be used in conjunction with rank 3.

3. Finish a Predator Encounter without being seen

Must be done in a predator-type environment in the story or side missions ONLY. Simply knock out each enemy with a silent takedown to complete this. Best done at the predator encounter on the ship going toward penguin.

4. Use a Sonic Batarang to lure an enemy into a takedown(3x)

Must be done in a predator type environment. Can be done on rooftops around the world. Simply throw the sonic batarang and wait until an enemy is attracted to the sound, then take him out silently. Repeat 3x.

5. Complete a Predator room without using Detective Vision

Must be done in a predator-type environment and can be done on rooftops. Just approach the environment without using detective vision and silently take down the thugs.

6. Perform 4 Exotic Takedowns in one Predator Encounter: Vent Takedown, Explosive Gel Takedown, Corner Takedown, and Hanging Ledge Takedown

Must be done in a predator-type environment in the story or side missions ONLY. The best environments for this challenge are the bank mission, Deadshot's side mission, or the Blackgate Prison. The vent take down must be performed through a vent in the wall and not a grate. Explosive gel takedown can only be performed on a wall with an explosive sign on it. Place the gel on the opposite side of the wall and wait for an enemy to approach the other side of it. Corner takedown can only be performed on an enemy in front of a corner after you have snapped(:abut:) to it. Hanging ledge takedown is the most difficult of the 4. Wait atop a DOORWAY until an enemy passes through it and wait for the prompt for a silent takedown. Restart checkpoint if missed.

7. Complete a Predator Encounter without doing any takedowns

This must be done in a story or side mission predator encounter. You can do this during the black mask mission. Simply stun then beatdown all enemies in the room to complete. A good strategy for this is to use the multiple batarang attack to knock out most of the guards so you can beatdown one that is standing. Also, you can deactivate the guns by using the disruptor.

8. Complete a Predator Encounter without using Detective Vision and without being seen

This must be done in a story or side mission predator encounter. You can do this during the hotel lobby predator encounter. Go slow without detective vision and silently take down all the thugs in the room without being seen.

9. Perform 4 Loud Takedowns in one Predator Encounter: Grate Takedown, Inverted Takedown, Knock-Out Smash Takedown and Ledge Takedown

This must be done in a story or side mission predator encounter. Best done in the 2nd predator encounter in the hotel. Grate takedowns are performed from under the floor grates. Inverted takedowns are performed atop the wall joints or gargoyles. Knock out smash is performed by executing the silent takedown move then hitting the :xbut: button. A ledge takedown is performed by holding on to a ledge below an enemy and hitting the :ybut: button. ***This challenge can be completed with rank 10 if you hide immediately after each takedown***

10. Complete a Predator Encounter with a High Threat Level or higher without being seen

This must be done in a story or side mission predator encounter. Most predator encounters throughout the game have a high threat level. Simply knock out all the thugs to complete this challenge. Unlocks the Sonic Shock Batarang.

11. Take out an enemy with the Sonic Shock Batarang

Can be be completed on top rooftops. Simply lure a thug on top of the Sonic Shock Batarang then shock him.

12. Complete a Predator Encounter with a High Threat Level or above by performing at least 5 Different Takedowns

This must be done in a story or side mission predator encounter. This can be done in the Blackmask side mission if you are following this guide exactly. Use 5 different takedowns in a single encounter: grate takedown, vent takedown, inverted takedown, knockout smash, silent takedown, wall takedown, ledge takedown, hanging ledge takedown, sonic shock batarang takedown.

13. Eliminate 3 enemies within the duration of one Smoke Pellet

This can be completed on the rooftops, the ship, or the steel mill. It is best to knock out one enemy and attract the others to his position, then drop smoke and knock out the enemies. To save time, knockout smash each enemy instead of silent takedown. If you only have 3 enemies you can glue grenade one and attract the other thugs.

14. Eliminate 3 Enemies using a Propane Tank

The easiest places for this is during GCPD, hotel lobby, or the Firefly story mission. If you are following this guide exactly then do it in the first bomb room in the Firefly mission. Find the area with the propane tank and knock out(or batarang/glue grenade) one guard attracting the attention of the other guards in the area. Keep remote clawing/multiple batarang the enemies until you get 3 in the same area. You can only remote claw a propane tank to a standing enemy and in order to knock out 3 at once you must have two on the ground next to the standing enemy. Once you have two knocked out and one standing pull the tank toward him using the remote claw.

15. Pull 2 enemies over a railing at the same time using Advanced Gadget Techniques.

This has to be done with the remote claw and simply attach two enemies together on opposite ledges so they each fall off. Make sure you aim at each guy and target with the claw(:rbbut:). You can do this right after rank 14 in the next bomb room with the 2 guards talking on the catwalk. Just distract one guard to the ledge above where you first enter with the sonic batarang.

World's Greatest Detective - Complete 66% of the database

You will get this naturally going for the Anarky tags, Enigma data packs and Pinkney Plaques. Simply progress until you reach 66% of the collectibles database.

Edited by xoskxflip

Much appreciated. I have completed New Game Plus and I still haven't got all the Worst Nightmare challenges. I did challenge 12 during my second run and now i free roam to do the other three. (Don't tell me I have to do them on "I Am the Night" mode...)

The rooftop of the GCPD is a good place to do the smoke pellet thing. I was wondering if I could do the last two (14 + 15) on free roam. Is there a propane tank somewhere out there? Or the two guys on opposite ledges?

Great job. Much needed guide.

Thank you for this I was confused on the 20x strike (with upgrade) one I was going to head over to fight Sheva after I did all the collectibles then game gets courrpted. You should put this up on Trueachievements too be great! :} Very awesome!

As far as the propane tank challenge, I will say negative on the free roam. However, you can pull off challenge 15 on the ship I would imagine. Just attract a guard to a spot across from the guy standing on the right side.

Ι believe 15 is doable also on the roof on steel mill. I grabbed the sniper (tag with RB) and shot another one on the opposite ledge as soon as the line went yellow. They both fell to ground level so I assume it can be done, but I can't confirm because I can't find a damn propane tank to do 14!

ΕDiT: I started "I Am the Night" mode and since you don't get to start with all your gadgets, the first time you can do challenge 14 is in the GCPD. Just before the Predator room, you get to stand on a wooden arch and see down below about 7-10 bad guys you are about to fight. Near them is a propane tank (why on earth... nvmind). You can stand on the arch and shoot them with the remote claw (tag & shoot) so that you can knock out some of them. Be careful not to string the propane tank yet. When you have enough people down (but not out yet), string up the propane to one of them, as xoskxflip describes. If you do it right, you'll get the verification when the fight is over. If you happen to think that you got it, but you didn't, no worries, the Predator room is ahead and you can get it in there.

I got to GCPD in about one and a half hour (or about 2 hours if you take your time/watch cutscenes) since I started the "IATN" mode.

Alson IATN mode isn't all that difficult, you just have to keep your health in mind, so that when you run low, you restart the checkpoint.

Edited by Storm1672

Ι believe 15 is doable also on the roof on steel mill. I grabbed the sniper (tag with RB) and shot another one on the opposite ledge as soon as the line went yellow. They both fell to ground level so I assume it can be done, but I can't confirm because I can't find a damn propane tank to do 14!

ΕDiT: I started "I Am the Night" mode and since you don't get to start with all your gadgets, the first time you can do challenge 14 is in the GCPD. Just before the Predator room, you get to stand on a wooden arch and see down below about 7-10 bad guys you are about to fight. Near them is a propane tank (why on earth... nvmind). You can stand on the arch and shoot them with the remote claw (tag & shoot) so that you can knock out some of them. Be careful not to string the propane tank yet. When you have enough people down (but not out yet), string up the propane to one of them, as xoskxflip describes. If you do it right, you'll get the verification when the fight is over. If you happen to think that you got it, but you didn't, no worries, the Predator room is ahead and you can get it in there.

I got to GCPD in about one and a half hour (or about 2 hours if you take your time/watch cutscenes) since I started the "IATN" mode.

Alson IATN mode isn't all that difficult, you just have to keep your health in mind, so that when you run low, you restart the checkpoint.

I thought that area was a "combat" area instead of a predator area. It makes sense that you could be right, did you actually get it there?

im stuck on the Grapnel Accelerator Takedown is there a good place to do it?

I definitely can remember doing two of these takedowns so far. One was when I broke into the GCPD, but I don't know exactly where it was and the enemies won't respawn there anyway..

But: you can get it somewhere near the courthouse where you fight Anarky. On one of the buildings' rofftops nearby is an enemy walking down some stairs and then he's coming very close to the edge. Try to look around a bit, it's quite a narrow alley and there's a fence/gate nearby as well.

im stuck on the Grapnel Accelerator Takedown is there a good place to do it?

There is a walkway that wraps around Wonder Tower in the Solomon Park district. it has two snipers on, you can wait for either of them to reach the end of the cat walk and grapnel up from ground level.

Which mission is the first bank predator room a part of? I know it's where the Deadshot mission is but I would rather not have to wait that long as it's only Rank 6 I need to do in there.

Which mission is the first bank predator room a part of? I know it's where the Deadshot mission is but I would rather not have to wait that long as it's only Rank 6 I need to do in there.

It's when you apprehend Black Mask inside the bank. That's the first time you go to the bank and according to sun100, you can get it Rank 6 in there on your first visit. It's a pretty early story mission. Not sure of what the name of the mission is.

It's when you apprehend Black Mask inside the bank. That's the first time you go to the bank and according to sun100, you can get it Rank 6 in there on your first visit. It's a pretty early story mission. Not sure of what the name of the mission is.

Are you playing offline how are you not getting freezes or courrptions?

Ah yes, I remember now, no way am I leaving that room without getting rank 6 lol

I have had multiple freezes but no corruptions.

Nope...I'm online. Only 2 freezes in my 20+ odd hours. I think 30+ hours at this point, I don't know.

Knock on wood.

Ah yes, I remember now, no way am I leaving that room without getting rank 6 lol

Good luck! I was able to get it done at Blackgate, so now I have to do 7-15 on New Game+ this weekend. I'm hoping they're not too hard.

I thought that area was a "combat" area instead of a predator area. It makes sense that you could be right, did you actually get it there?

Yes, I got it there (GCPD, before the predator room) and then went on to the Penguin's boat to do 15 on ng+ free roam mode, as you describe. As it seems (about 14), it doesn't have to be a "predator" area.

They are not too hard, I ended up doing rank 14 in the first room of firefly's mission as described. The tank is on the bottom and takes some positioning if the guards to get it. I was just like you, in that I completed rank 6 right at the end of my first play through.