Maximum Portal Level, Difficulty Stack-able and Tips

kero

Here are my comments/tips for the game.

Max Portal Level is 80: Well disappointingly the portal level maxes out at 80 and I have still plenty more stars to collect. If you got all the stars it would approximately max out at about 90 maybe even 95. So im now no longer keen to continue grinding out the game as there is no portal level reward for doing so.

Difficulty Stackable: You can play the game through on easy to unlock nightmare mode. Then if you complete the game on nightmare it will also unlock the complete on hard mode achievement.

This means it is a minimum of 4 play-throughs required (easy, nightmare, time and score mode).

Easy Bonus Level: To make the bonus levels easier to 3 star load the level on nightmare difficulty and you will see the level timer will be allot longer. As soon as the level starts change the difficulty to easy. The level will be 'easy' however the timer is still longer. So you will get a bigger time bonus when finishing the level.

Time Trials: Do these all on easy and you should not have any trouble. There is no advantage if you do them on hard difficulty.

Score Attack: I recommend you do these on Hard difficulty as your score will go up allot faster. I did most on nightmare and you can pretty much just go straight through the level quickly and you will get enough points easily by the end.

If you do it on medium difficulty you will need to complete most of the extra areas to get enough points to 3 star.

Achievements Glitched?: Maybe it was just me but on play through levels 5,6 and 7 did not pop any achievements. I did not realize until completing the game. I had to restart a new save to unlock these. (I think maybe I started these levels via the 'level select' instead of triggering the level by going to the start point?)

Time for 1000GS: Overall a very enjoyable game. I would say it took me (the family) about 30 hours to get all the achievements. Still got collectibles and plenty of 'stars' to get. If the portal level did not max out we would probably need another 20 hours to max out the 3 stars and get all the collectibles, but they are not needed for achievments. Also at this stage the dig and sneak characters have not been released here so we will need to play through most levels again to clean up the collectibles.

Edited by kero

I had the same thing happen to me about the level achievements popping. I didn't get the first one and didn't realize it until later. Deleted file from my HD and started fresh and it popped.

I just started a 'slot 2' fresh save so i did not loose my other progress and it popped the second time through :)

• 5 months later...
Here are my comments/tips for the game.

Difficulty Stackable: You can play the game through on easy to unlock nightmare mode. Then if you complete the game on nightmare it will also unlock the complete on hard mode achievement.

This means it is a minimum of 4 play-throughs required (easy, nightmare, time and score mode).

Was going to ask if difficulties stackable as doing my 1st playthrough on medium - will just go to nightmare for my next run. Thanks