Firefox reporting these forums as an attack

Minarvia

Okay, I used FireFox and it seems that FireFox is reporting these forums as an attack site. The only way that I can post here is via Safari, my other broswer that I don't used to much. Is anybody else getting this? Also I check out PS3tropies.org and their forums and got nothing. So what is up with that?

Okay, I used FireFox and it seems that FireFox is reporting these forums as an attack site. The only way that I can is via Safari, my other broswer that I don't used to much. Is anybody else getting this? Also I check out PS3tropies.org and their forums and got nothing. So what is up with that?

Yeah its been reported by people all morning and I believe it has been sorted on x360a's end. We need to wait until google takes us off a 'blacklist'. Post by bplayak,

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6086881#post6086881

I sent PM's to one of the admins about getting a bunch of malware warnings from my anti-virus software like a month or so ago and I never got a reply back. I figured they just didn't care. Looks like google finally stepped up against it. You can bypass it by clicking on ignore the warning.

You clearly failed to read my post I linked above.

No, I read it. I was just saying I warned the admins about this over a month ago and I was ignored until Google flagged your site as malware.

Really... So you can tell me how the attacker compromised the account in question? Because it had zero to do with advertising of any sort, or any code that existed on the site prior to Saturday.

The blacklisting was caused by code that was in place for less than 20 minutes in total. The only way you could have seen it a month ago is if you are a time traveler who can flout the rules of physics as we know it, or if you wrote the code and planned it out a month ago.

Occam's Razor points to a third option that I am too polite to call you out on.

Really... So you can tell me how the attacker compromised the account in question? Because it had zero to do with advertising of any sort, or any code that existed on the site prior to Saturday.

The blacklisting was caused by code that was in place for less than 20 minutes in total. The only way you could have seen it a month ago is if you are a time traveler who can flout the rules of physics as we know it, or if you wrote the code and planned it out a month ago.

Occam's Razor points to a third option that I am too polite to call you out on.

I'm not saying the two events are connected, nor can I explain how the hacker got into an admin's account to get the site flagged by google. But the proof I supplied to one of the admins, plus the topic I created in the complaints forum, never got responded to or acknowledged.

Obviously advertising used by some advertising company you guys use or some code was tripping my antivirus to let me know it was blocking malware from attacking my PC was there a month ago and it stopped about a week after I reported it. I don't have the screenshots saved on my PC anymore and none of my sent messages are showing up in the sent folder but this site did have malware attacks at one point.

Actually, in post five in this thread you explicitly link the two and credit Google with being the change agent to push us into fixing it. And I again refer to my post linked above where I stated this had nothing to do with any code or advertising that existed on the site prior to Saturday. We had the malicious code removed BEFORE Google blacklisted us. Seriously dude, you were wrong. Let it go.

Also, I read your complaint when you posted it in the complaints forum and at the time verified that none of the adverts had any malicious code. I apologize for not responding that I had looked into it and don't really have a good reason why I didn't reply.

I've had Malware warnings numerous times on this site, most of the time it was on specific threads. I just assumed that it was linked to a bad ad or someones signature. The site was never blacklisted for it so maybe it was a false positive. That being said I think you are jumping to huge conclusions by linking them together McDurbin.