Took me not even one week to realise I need a play & charge kit. Ridiculous, they should be included with the box.

Yeah I am waiting for Christmas as I have a feeling I might get a play and charge kit, but I have noticed the controller loves to eat batteries like crazy.

I was in a party with my friend, but we joined separate Battlefield 4 games and it pops up every 10 seconds telling you your party has found a game to join. I realize this is probably a BF thing, but holy is it rather annoying..

Also the AUTOMATIC RECORDING can get quite irritating, plus some of my recordings lately have not been recording the parts I have been asking it to, but are stopping just short of where they should be getting what I want...

Yeah I am waiting for Christmas as I have a feeling I might get a play and charge kit, but I have noticed the controller loves to eat batteries like crazy.

I was in a party with my friend, but we joined separate Battlefield 4 games and it pops up every 10 seconds telling you your party has found a game to join. I realize this is probably a BF thing, but holy is it rather annoying..

Also the AUTOMATIC RECORDING can get quite irritating, plus some of my recordings lately have not been recording the parts I have been asking it to, but are stopping just short of where they should be getting what I want...

I haven't had any issues with the rechargeable battery. I get 20-30 hours out of each full charge. Perhaps you are using bad batteries?

I haven't had any issues with the rechargeable battery. I get 20-30 hours out of each full charge. Perhaps you are using bad batteries?

My controller seems to get turned on quite a bit and not turned off when not in use. Plus the batteries might be the issue because the out of package batteries it came with seemed like they lasted a good amount of time. The batteries I have been using have been a lesser name brand from some store and probably just suck, but since they were cheap it hasn't bothered me to how much I have used.

I will just power through it for another 5 days and if I don't get a charge and play kit for Christmas I will just buy one the following days afterwards.

I get this loads too, and unless you decline or leave the party then the notification doesn't leave the bottom of your screen so it's uber annoying.

Screenshot. Taking a screenshot of your recorded footage would be great. Using it on the PS4 (holy fuckaroos that UI is simply amazing!!!) and it makes it that little bit better to use the in-built DVR rather than an external device.

You just sold me on the PS4. Packing up this brick with the day 1 controller since I've only played it for the first 2 weeks. Maybe I'll make a killing on ebay in a couple of years with it...

They should make it possible for you to apply updates without booting up a game. At the moment, I don't have my copy of Dead Rising 3, so when I get it back in a day or two, that is when I will have to wait through a 5GB update!

They wanted to be like Steam so bad, yet they failed to do some of the amazing things Steam does.

My cats are scared of me. I'm yelling at my console because its a POS and I rue the day I bought this junk. Kinect doesn't work and these stupid updates take longer than I actually PLAY any of my 2 whole games at a sitting.

"Xbox on". Nothing. 10 or 12 times later, it MIGHT turn on. "Play Forza Motorsport 5". Can't play from here OR it loads up the music player.

Oh, console update required. 350mb. Fine. 20 minutes later, its done but then the reboot takes another 5 minutes. Oh, now Forza wants an update of 455mb. Whatever. By this time, I'm numb to it. It STARTS at 98%. WTF? Usually updates start at 0 or 1%, don't they?

Buncha friggin' idiots running M$ these days. No CLUE how to make a console or an interface or what a consumer actually WANTS. They can shove this stupid 'Bone where the sun don't shine. Least my 'Day One' controller will fetch a good price in about 5 years...

They should make it possible for you to apply updates without booting up a game. At the moment, I don't have my copy of Dead Rising 3, so when I get it back in a day or two, that is when I will have to wait through a 5GB update!

They wanted to be like Steam so bad, yet they failed to do some of the amazing things Steam does.

Let's forget about Microsoft ever being Steam, it just isn't going to happen. Once the Steam Box hits retailers, Microsoft will see how an always on console should work and how to do it right. If they can figure out how to make those machines competitive in price to the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, there's going to be some serious changes in the console market.

Let's forget about Microsoft ever being Steam, it just isn't going to happen. Once the Steam Box hits retailers, Microsoft will see how an always on console should work and how to do it right. If they can figure out how to make those machines competitive in price to the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, there's going to be some serious changes in the console market.

I don't really know much about the Steam Box myself. How is it any different from a regular PC that has Steam installed?

I don't really know much about the Steam Box myself. How is it any different from a regular PC that has Steam installed?

That's pretty much what it is. Difference is, small footprint so it'll fit in your livingroom and designed to run on a television instead of a computer monitor.

I have a big honkin' tower in my livingroom atm. Wish I had gone with a home theater case but wasn't sure if my graphics card would fit. Also, if I wanted to SLI the cards I probably wouldn't be able to with that setup.

So basically it is a PC, but then, so is the xbox & ps. But the latter two don't do steam...

The 'ready to start' feature when installing or downloading is starting to annoy me. 3 times now I have been 'ready to start' only to discover that I can't progress past the menu unless I install/download a little more or wait until the game/update is fully installed/downloaded.

I don't mind waiting for the installation to take place, but discovering that 'ready to play' usually means I can only access the main menu or options is a little frustrating.

It doesn't tell me when friends are online.

Having to turn on party chat is dumb, why can't it be automatic.

Why can't games and apps be separate?

I didn't buy my console to use apps.

How can I tell which controller is which when I have 2 synced?

Why did they take the easy way of inviting/joining friends?

If I want to play Ryse with a friend, how come we can't have a third or more person/people in the party?

So many simple things have been made stupidly complicated!

It's annoying that I spent $500 on a console that doesn't have a full array of options. You can't adjust notifications to your satisfaction.

The TV resolution option is a joke. For some reason my HDTV that is only five years old doesn't have the proper resolution to fit the games properly. There's about an inch on the top and bottom that won't appear even though my TV is set to 'Set By Program'.

The achievement notification looks like it's lagging, moves slow, and has off-center text at the end.

Not having an option to manually move your pins is dumbfounding.

The snap feature can be a great console feature if they will let us adjust the size of the snap and the volume on the snap and main screen.

That felt good to let that out. I actually like what the console is offering but it can be SO MUCH BETTER. Hopefully within a year everything will be addressed.

And it is fair to say this console isn't up to are standards because of the reversal Microsoft decided to pull so I can only imagine a lot of the software was changed.

The only thing I've come across so far that's annoying is that when I'm recording using the in system PVR it doesn't show when I get an achievement. It'll pop on my screen but not in the playback. It isn't a huge issue but it's definitely kinda annoying when making an achievement guide. Maybe it's just a setting I have to turn on that I've missed, but I would think it would be on by default.