Made it out Alive achievement does NOT unlock if you've already done it on 360

Pingy

I have contacted activision support ad nauseum and they are either stupid or just unwilling to recognize the issue.. We need more people to contact them so that we can be patched without having to play locally to work around the glitch..

Please contact them with your issue so they will listen! Ty!

And @ the other guy who replied to my post:

I contacted them myself like I said, they did get back to me asking for gamertag etc. However they didn't ask me anything stupid, after I explained the issue and gave my GT they said they were "looking into it and to keep posted for updates" - granted that was on the 26th November but the guy wasn't condescending or asking me to do anything stupid like power cycle the console. I'm hopeful they realise it's a coding glitch - by the sounds of it they've set the achievement to unlock the first time you escape, further backed up by the fact that it's only happening once your stats are carried across on your other account. And further backed up by the fact that you're able to unlock it locally - your local profile isn't linked to the online one, hence the rank 1 stats when you go into it and obviously having not escaped once on that profile. It can't be that hard to change the criteria for this from first escape, to a statement that check if the achievement's unlocked and if not unlock it. A few lines of code for this specific section at most.

And @ the other guy who replied to my post:

I contacted them myself like I said, they did get back to me asking for gamertag etc. However they didn't ask me anything stupid, after I explained the issue and gave my GT they said they were "looking into it and to keep posted for updates" - granted that was on the 26th November but the guy wasn't condescending or asking me to do anything stupid like power cycle the console. I'm hopeful they realise it's a coding glitch - by the sounds of it they've set the achievement to unlock the first time you escape, further backed up by the fact that it's only happening once your stats are carried across on your other account. And further backed up by the fact that you're able to unlock it locally - your local profile isn't linked to the online one, hence the rank 1 stats when you go into it and obviously having not escaped once on that profile. It can't be that hard to change the criteria for this from first escape, to a statement that check if the achievement's unlocked and if not unlock it. A few lines of code for this specific section at most.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more.... Sadly I did get a slew of stupid people .. Telling me to change my gamertag and then change it back... Power off my system.... Wait a few days cuz achieves are being slow.... Contact Microsoft it's their fault... I'm not meeting requirements for the achievement...delete and redownload my gamertag... And just keep trying you will get it eventually.....

How stupid are these people?!?

At least u had someone with a brain...

People really need to start spamming them with this complaint so it gets forwarded to the proper people who can fix it.. And everytime they try n close the the case .. And label it resolved ..Re open it .. That's what I been doing but I can't fight it alone... Need help by people writing into or calling activision support!

Same issue with the PS3/PS4, but since stats transfer over, in their defense, it does say "for the first time". Technically, according to your stats, if you've done it once, why would it unlock again. It's clearly not the "first time" the second time you do it...

I think it's bullshit too that they could have worded the description differently and changed the parameters of the achievement/trophy. They clearly knew that people would be playing both versions, so what purpose does it serve for IW to do this? It's completely asinine.

Same issue with the PS3/PS4, but since stats transfer over, in their defense, it does say "for the first time". Technically, according to your stats, if you've done it once, why would it unlock again. It's clearly not the "first time" the second time you do it...

Then the achievement should automatically pop when you start playing ghosts/extinction for the first time on xbox one.

Then the achievement should automatically pop when you start playing ghosts/extinction for the first time on xbox one.

I agree, cuz it technically is the first Time on the new system ... It's an over site .. Because of our info transferring.. More n more people need to complain and keep complaining.. Anytime I get a new tech rep they hav no idea what I'm talking about, so clearly not enough people are writing them regarding either console. Plz keep up the fight!

Question, if you haven't unlocked it on the 360 then unlocked it on the XB1, can you go back and unlock it on the 360? Has anyone tried that?

no you cannot. i got the achievement on x1 when i returned to the 360 and passed it it was opped out. i felt cheated and decided to search online if there was any issues and whoala its right here on this forum...

:rant: Going for Made it out Alive on local play. Now at level 26 so at least I have sentries and armour piercing ammo, but the drill has been destroyed at the hive on the fence in the Cabin area while I fight off the rhino. Before unlocking sentries I kept dying at the last hive as I couldn't cover the scorpions on the ledge and all the hunters when the rhino shows up.

The good news is that after being on for 48 hours straight, my Xbox One is running cool and quiet. Microsoft did a good job designing for maximum heat dissipation. I would not try this on a PS4, my PS3 slim overheats and freezes after 6-8 hours and as PS4 also has an internal power supply and no dorsal ventilation or fan, I imagine a local play attempt would result in a red line.

I hope this gets patched so no one else has to do this.

:eek: Finally got this achievement using Medic, armour piercing ammo, armour, sentry guns, and riot shield. Xbox One was on for 63 hours; 16 hours of gameplay and the rest idling on the Local Play lobby with the controller switched off. I ended up first prestige level 3. Most epic achievement to date. Edited by Spectre One

Congrats to u.... That's was a lot of time put in!! I'm still hoping for a patch..

Thanks, more time than I care to even think about :-/

And same. This needs patched, as it's an obvious bug. No point pushing yourself through localplay at this early stage (maybe a few months down the line, just before the next cod). Hopefully people are highlighting the issue to the proper support team.

I truly hope people are contacting support. I don't know yet if today's patch fixed it... I'm going to escape again and see.

Today another activision rep retard told me I'm doing it wrong and keep trying until I get it right... I have 1000gs on 360 n 980 on xb1 which is impossible to have if I never escaped even once... Which I even explained that.. Even told them to look in their own forums n see it is cross platform issue .. But hey... Hoping someone else gets smarter reps..

Still not fixed. My sons got the achievement on 360 and I did not. I have it in XB1 and neither of them still have it. We have escaped 5 times and my sons have all the other achievements except this one. This is unacceptable especially to all of us who have purchased this game twice, or in my case 6 times, lol stupid me.....

Still not fixed. My sons got the achievement on 360 and I did not. I have it in XB1 and neither of them still have it. We have escaped 5 times and my sons have all the other achievements except this one. This is unacceptable especially to all of us who have purchased this game twice, or in my case 6 times, lol stupid me.....

Please notify activision support .. The more people make them aware .. Hoping they will patch it .. I'm on escape 14 as of today on xb1 and no luck yet unlocking it..

• 1 year later...

So it's been a year and a half since the last post on this thread.

Me and my brother completed Ghosts on the 360 with 2000G. It's been a while since with played Extinction and well... we miss it. So we've decided to play it on the One and do it all over again but with the help of the teeth and upgrades we got from the 360.

As it's been nearly 2 years since the last post, do we know if this achievement has been patched? And working a's it should do?

• 2 weeks later...

So following my last post and every body else's posts. I can confirm you CAN definitely unlock this achievement, if you've achieved it on the Xbox 360.

Me and my brother finally started playing Extinction on the One, a year later after completing and getting 2000G on the 360, and on our first game which we escaped we got 'Make It Out Alive'.

It wasn't a local game. We played a Live game.

Edited by Dombine