Challenge Discussion Thread

Creech

Where the blooming heck are these buried cars for the 'junk in the trunk' challenge? I've heard chum mention them so I frantically search the area and still haven't found even one. I don't even know what they look like.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what they look like? I literally have no idea what I'm looking for! Haha

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the blooming heck are these buried cars for the 'junk in the trunk' challenge? I've heard chum mention them so I frantically search the area and still haven't found even one. I don't even know what they look like.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what they look like? I literally have no idea what I'm looking for! Haha

Don't have a pick but all you will see is the front end of a car in the ground. Text will appear above it that it is a buried car.

Not sure if the placements are random, but the last one I ran across was along the convoy route in Reek Hills. Don't remember the exact location, but there was definitely one out there. They look just like all the other rusted cars you see across the Wasteland, except they are half buried in the ground. If you're unsure, try targeting it with the harpoon.

Don't have a pick but all you will see is the front end of a car in the ground. Text will appear above it that it is a buried car.

Not sure if the placements are random, but the last one I ran across was along the convoy route in Reek Hills. Don't remember the exact location, but there was definitely one out there. They look just like all the other rusted cars you see across the Wasteland, except they are half buried in the ground. If you're unsure, try targeting it with the harpoon.

Awesome. Will keep my eyes peeled. Will check out that convoy route! Cheers! :)

I'm glad you got it! Frustrating as all hell that one is. Anyone know of any good places to grind out boarder spike kills? I've only got 8 of 15 and it's the only "random" challenge I have left.

The convoys always seem to have one border vehicle. That should hopefully net you 2 or 3.

Just found an easy place to get the 4 second jump and survive as well as the 2 jumps of 3 seconds during a storm challenges. At the end of Act 4 you will see a cutscene that ends with your car at the edge of a cliff. As soon as you regain control, open your map and mark your location. Now back up and boost off the cliff. This will give you the 4 second jump and survive and the 1st of the 3 second storm jumps. Now fast travel to Pink Eyes and then return to the place you marked on the map and jump off again to get your second. Even if no storm is going on this location counts as storm jumps for some reason. Cheers!!

The only one I have run across so far was outside Jeet's Stronghold. I was driving slowly north out of the place and Chum spoke up about the buried car (was either at the first or second crossroads). Didn't take a pic or really pay attention to it, and haven't found another since.

Circled Reek Hills Convoy and didn't find a thing. do you think you could narrow down the location a little more? Really want to make sure if they are random or not.

Circled Reek Hills Convoy and didn't find a thing. do you think you could narrow down the location a little more? Really want to make sure if they are random or not.

Sorry Spineless, I do not remember an exact location. I always seem to find them next to convoy paths, found another one up in Pink Eye's territory, but don't remember the exact location there either.

Sorry Spineless, I do not remember an exact location. I always seem to find them next to convoy paths, found another one up in Pink Eye's territory, but don't remember the exact location there either.

Oh well. I finally found a 2nd buried wreck. Just trying to work out how to upload a screenshot and will post it here. Then someone can check to see if the wreck is there in their game as well and we will finally know if they are random or set locations.

http://s11.postimg.org/jvlg1wvmp/Tue_Sep_8_12_28_50_UTC_1000_2015.png

http://s11.postimg.org/4pfeaz5lt/Tue_Sep_8_12_32_49_UTC_1000_2015.png

Is in the very North of Gutgash's territory. Is it there for anyone else?

Edited by SpinelesS

Valley of the Dust Death Run in Dry Gultch is great for getting the vehicle shotgun Challenges, especially if you have upgraded your ammo belt.

I Chose the Kaboom Bug as it was easy for it to explode and restart.

This Deathrun involves you driving a fragile vehicle to the finish line in a set time while other cars try to destroy you.

All the vehicles are Unarmored and without Doors so Its very easy to shoot a wheel or a Driver.

The best thing is when you fail the death race, your shots still count towards the challenges, but your ammo is reset to what it was before you started.

EDIT:

Anyone know an easy location to find a Metal Grinder? (a convoy perhaps...) I already have one, but I want to get the Sparks will fly challenge.

Edited by SpinelesS

Oh well. I finally found a 2nd buried wreck. Just trying to work out how to upload a screenshot and will post it here. Then someone can check to see if the wreck is there in their game as well and we will finally know if they are random or set locations.

http://s11.postimg.org/jvlg1wvmp/Tue_Sep_8_12_28_50_UTC_1000_2015.png

http://s11.postimg.org/4pfeaz5lt/Tue_Sep_8_12_32_49_UTC_1000_2015.png

Is in the very North of Gutgash's territory. Is it there for anyone else?

I finally found one. It was close to Jeets stronghold so maybe they aren't randomly placed.

Skipped the scrap car challenge after finding only 2 of them . You don't need the scrap either nor the challenge for the gamerscore. Maybe stick it to ya was patched to death? Also while my progress is on 80 %, i got 30 challenges left, you might not need stick it.

Edited by filosofisch

The only challenge I have left is Dividend-Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews. I'm at 1044/2000! I wonder if I can boost this by turning the game off and on repeatedly?

The only other achievements I have are the racing ones. I have three races I just cannot get a Legendary time in...I really hate the barrel bash races.

if you manage to get a kill can you upload the 30s clip just so i can see what I'm doing wrong :)

I just got one and double tapped the xbox button then pressed :xbut: to record it, But I have no idea what to do next.

Tell me what to do next and I will show you what I did (not that I did much other than drive up next to a car in a convoy with jumpers and wait for him to jump)

The only challenge I have left is Dividend-Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews. I'm at 1044/2000! I wonder if I can boost this by turning the game off and on repeatedly?

The only other achievements I have are the racing ones. I have three races I just cannot get a Legendary time in...I really hate the barrel bash races.

Dont think you can boost them as the longer you have the game switched off, the more scrap you get

Sparks Will Fly - Defeat a Sideblender or Metal Grinder while driving a sideblender or metal Grinder

There was a Metal Grinder in the Convoy in Parch Moon next to Gutgash's Stronghold. Great place to get one, and then later destroy one with it.

Don't know if night/day cycle effects what vehicles there are in the convoy, but it was daytime when I got it.

Ratling Your Dags - Fill the Fury Meter in 10 seconds of Less

I really think something Is funky with this challenge. I just got into fury from nothing in what felt like less than 5 seconds (was using gutshots). Didn't get the challenge but somehow managed to get Furious Flurry (25 combo) for a second time, though I don't think I had the combo up that high....

Edited by SpinelesS

I just got unstoppable by doing only gut shot. It is very easy when you do that.

This is what I did too. Very easily done with an upgraded shotgun (just one reload!).

A great place for it is in the Dump, at the water source east of the Hot Air Baloon. There's about five dudes waiting for you at the front, and if you run past them you'll find eight more, which when the dudes from the front join in, makes thirteen. A nice amount to get your fury up and start gut shooting. They respawn when you leave the region too, in case you fuck up.

Here's the location:

http://i.imgur.com/HIG2p5b.png