Stay as far away from this game as possible...

Even though I'm a huge fan of the TV series, this is easily one of the worst games on the console. I would not recommend it to anyone.

It's filled with some of the worst design decisions I've ever seen, a lot of the controls are pretty awful, and is one of the most repetitive games. It probably took them about 5 minutes to put the entire game together.

I wanted to give anyone else a fair warning about this one before you think "hey, I like the series, it can't be THAT bad". It is THAT bad.

The upgrade system makes the game needlessly harder it prevents you from stocking up money to upgrade.

It goes like this: You start, play the first 5 floors of a bland, repeative yet randomly generated dungeon and get about 30 gold (and thats IF you play as Marceline so she can fly over pits) and if you can afford the cheapest upgrade (health lv.1) great, if you're short by even 1 there is nothing you can do except go back into the dungeon which then you'll loose ALL your treasure (Bubblegum brings up taxes). Now you have the option of going through the first 5 again and continuing through the next 5, only to barely get 60.

Now imagine what you have to go through when some of the level 2 upgrades cost at least 200 gold.

I also agree that this is a very poor game. It's extremely repetitive without any sense of reward, the sub-weapons do very poor damage and it was a very bad gameplay decision to make it so you have to surrender any unspent treasures when you leave town. This makes it so you don't feel like you have much investment in your characters.

The bad thing is this game could have been great. The title screen is a parody of Dragon Warrior II. There's a lot of Gauntlet references too. The people that made this are obviously RPG/rogue dungeon game fans. If there would have been a decent leveling system to make you feel like you are getting a steady stream of rewards for you going further and further into the dungeon this would have been a very effective deodorant for all the game's other shortcomings.

This one isn't even worth a rental.

I think the flaw in this game was just the terrible repetitiveness and a lack of a level up system. I'm going to be the oddball and say I enjoyed it, up until the point I realized at like the 50'th dungeon, I had to do 50 more, and do this terrible grind to 1k it. I'll get the game when it's cheap at gamestop and deal with it, it was fun for a while but hopefully I can grind through it.

I do agree that the game could have been great, there is so much potential. We just have to hope for something to go better in the near future with Adventure Time games.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented this through red box and it was awful. It was cute for the first few levels and then it got repetitive... then it got annoyingly hard and repetitive... then it got frustratingly hard (for single player).

If you're a fan of Adventure Time it's worth a rent for a few chuckles. Otherwise avoid it.

lol, wow this thread destroyed the game for me before I even tried it and I mean that as a good thing.

Rented this from gamefly because it was an Adventure time game but didn't notice the 3.2/10 rating. Actually had it in my 360 but decided it probably wasn't worth it. Would rather have no record of it on my achievement list than another incomplete game I'll never get back to.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that everyone may be a little bit overly harsh about this game while the gameplay is a bit bit bland and the leveling mechanics are a bit unbalanced with the candy tax, this is far from a terrible game. It is still playable even though later levels of the dungeon and nightosphere are overly difficult. It has great voice acting and a good story plus lots of amusing references to the show. While I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone I don't regret the fact that I got it. Overall I would say its a 5/10.

• 1 month later...

i hadnt been paying much attention to 360 releases since I got my xbone and the other day I saw this game on the shelves at gamestop... I was gonna pick it up used and grind it and return it in a week (gamestop's wonderful used games return policy is like free rentals) but now you guys are really bursting my bubble here! :(

oh well i guess its better to get the heads up