Your thoughts on the CR maps

TheLegendOf1977

Didn't do any research on these new maps (and besides that most video's and info were about the Second Assault DLC) but i'm really sad to see that DICE opted for these 200 square mile maps again :(

They should at least have downscaled them a bit. 12 people on one team meens: 2 people in choppers, 2 in land vehicles, 2 in planes. That leaves half your team to capture points. O no, wait.. Because half of those 6 people are gonna be crap snipers doing jack shit the entire match. So that basically leaves ONE squad to do the capturing, but seeing as it's never going to be a full squad there will be no communication (not unlike a normal maps game)

Granted, i only played these 4 maps twice and maybe i'll warm up to them. But as of now i'm not seeing myself coming back to these maps often.

Real shame though because the maps look fucking beautiful!

I couldn't the entire day yesterday, but today i set the perimeters on the server browser to ONLY the 4 CS maps and i could actually get into the maps!

Yeah. I have tried messing with all the search perimeters and still can not get into a game.

I supposed though it is good that it is working for some. I guess it is not completely broken. Maybe they fixed EU Xbox players first? Then US? Because time zones. Maybe?....

Edit:

I have deleted China Rising and then I redownloaded it. As soon as the download completed I tried and I was able to quick match into a game. HURRAY!

Edited by BBDrew84

They have a BC2 Vietnam feel, especially Dragon Pass.

That was my initial thought on playing that map, very Vietnamy. Silk Road is a pain in the arse if you're not in a vehicle and pesky snipers love to peek over those dunes. I've not played much of the other 2 maps but the overall feeling I get from the whole DLC is the same as Armorerd Kill in that it's just too big.

I have deleted China Rising and then I redownloaded it. As soon as the download completed I tried and I was able to quick match into a game. HURRAY!

That's a good shout. I might try that tonight, maybe try some different game modes first, see if I can connect to any of them instead of the damn black loading screen.

Did the deleting/re-downloading let you play Air Superiority, or no? Two days in and everything appears to work but that game mode still.

No. I got in a China Rising Air Superiority server but it was running Vanilla and China Rising Maps on Conquest normal. I assume that we will not get to play it until DICE has come out and says it is fixed. :( I too need Air Superiority to get my UCAV

I too need Air Superiority to get my UCAV

Just use the attack jet on paracel storm CQ. I don't know if there are attack boats and transport choppers on the 360 version (I assume there are), but they make for easy targets when using the jets main cannon - I got my UCAV in no time. Besides, you'll most likely get people suiciding before they get taken out in the AS game mode, just like in BF3.

Just use the attack jet on paracel storm CQ. I don't know if there are attack boats and transport choppers on the 360 version (I assume there are)' date=' but they make for easy targets when using the jets main cannon - I got my UCAV in no time. Besides, you'll most likely get people suiciding before they get taken out in the AS game mode, just like in BF3.[/quote']

Oh. Ok. Thanks for the tips but you are on XBox One and you do not realize that you can not play Air Superiority at all on 360

Unlike most people I am not worried about the Jet Ribbons, I already have a few of them. I just need/want to play AS so I can unlock that part of the assignment.

Oh. Ok. Thanks for the tips but you are on XBox One and you do not realize that you can not play Air Superiority at all on 360

Unlike most people I am not worried about the Jet Ribbons, I already have a few of them. I just need/want to play AS so I can unlock that part of the assignment.

My apologies, didn't realize you were talking about the part of the assignment related to playing AS.

Okay, so i've played the maps i bit more. Still not liking the 2 gigantic maps, but Silk road and Guilan Peaks (i think, the desert one and the cave one?) i'm really liking now.

It's a good change of pace next to all those urban maps from BF4, and especially Silk road is something completely diffirent.

Didn't do any research on these new maps (and besides that most video's and info were about the Second Assault DLC) but i'm really sad to see that DICE opted for these 200 square mile maps again :(

They should at least have downscaled them a bit. 12 people on one team meens: 2 people in choppers, 2 in land vehicles, 2 in planes. That leaves half your team to capture points. O no, wait.. Because half of those 6 people are gonna be crap snipers doing jack shit the entire match. So that basically leaves ONE squad to do the capturing, but seeing as it's never going to be a full squad there will be no communication (not unlike a normal maps game)

Granted, i only played these 4 maps twice and maybe i'll warm up to them. But as of now i'm not seeing myself coming back to these maps often.

Real shame though because the maps look fucking beautiful!

The maps are so glitchy and broken that even kittens cry and want to kill themselves.

Dear DICE, think of the kittens.....