Judge Bergan

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10

- Offline: 0/9

- Online: 9/9

- Challenges: 1 (expired)

- Approximate time: 7 straight days of activity needed

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 7 straight separate days

- Glitched achievements: 1 - "Boob-Tuber" (can still be unlocked)

- Subscription: None - Crackle is FREE. You will need to create an account on their website however.

Intro:

Crackle is a FREE video app on Xbox One/online where you can weatch select TV shows and movies with commercials. In order to complete/access this apps achievements, you need to first create an account at www.crackle.com by selecting the register button. Once complete, load up the app via your Xbox One and link your account with the app to access all the content available. You're now ready to enjoy the shows/movies at your disposal!

Body:

Once signed up, it's just a matter of watching shows and movies which will work towards all of the available achievements. Basically, the achievements are mostly obtained by watching a set number of movies, and a set number of shows. The good thing is, if you have no desire to watch any of them and just want the achievements, then you can fast forward through each movie.show for the quick tally.

The main time consumer comes in watching 200 movies/shows, which even if using the fast forward method, will take quite a bit of time. If you want to watch the shows/movies legit, then obviously this will take a very long time to complete, but make it more meaningful in the end.

The last main thing is the two achievements for watching a movie and a show for 7 straight days in a week. This isn't too bad, just set a reminder in your phone to start up the app and complete both a show and movie, rinse repeat for 7 days, and you are done the minimum time needed.

Conclusion:

All in all, Crackle offers some decent TV shows/movies for free, but don't expect the selection or quality that other services like Netflix offer. The achievements will take a while if you are actually watching whole shows/movies, but can easily be gotten in 7 days by using the fast forward method. Happy watching!

Edited by Judge Bergan

Achievements:

The Collector 0:gsicon:

You have unlocked "The Collector"

This achievement requires you to first set up an account with Crackle. Doing so is free and requires some personal information such as you birthdate, email, password, login, ect. Doing this will also net you the, "Sign Me Up!" achievement in the process.

Once you are signed up, the achievement requires you to add three items to your "watchlist" which is sort of like an internal pin system for this app. To do this, simply select any TV show or Movie and select the option "Add to Watchlist", you really can't miss it. Add 3 different items like this and the achievement is yours.

Crackle Addict 0:gsicon:

Watch 200 movie and show episodes

As this achievement suggests, you will be required to watch 200 movies and shows. However, don't get caught up in the wording, you can watch a COMBINED total of 200 shows/movies, you don't need 200 of each as the achievement might suggest.

If you want to quickly do this, you can simply load up any TV shows or movies and then fast forward them. The max fast forward speed you can reach is 128x, hitting the right trigger many times will bring this up quickly. Since this app is free, these episodes will also have commercials, which are required to watch as well for the episode to count.

You can keep track of your progress via the achievement app, or Smartglass.

Couch Potato 0:gsicon:

Watch 100 show episodes

Please see "Crackle Addict", except change the total required from 200, to 100.

Start Me Up! 0:gsicon:

You have unlocked "Start Me Up"

Simply start your first TV show episode or movie and this will pop right at the beginning.

Sign Me Up! 0:gsicon:

You have unlocked "Sign Up"

Simply create a Crackle account at http://www.crackle.com. See "The Collector" for more details as well.

Boob-Tuber 0:gsicon:

You have watched a show on Crackle

Simply watch your first show on Crackle. Anything under the "TV Shows" tab will count. If this doesn't unlock right away after watching your first show to the end, try watching a trailer, such as The Amazing Spider Man 2, and it may unlock as it did for me.

Let's all go to the movies 0:gsicon:

You have watched a movie on Crackle

As the achievement description says, just watch your first movie. Anything under the Movies tab will count. Use the fast forward method if you wish to save time.

Theater Hopper 0:gsicon:

Watch a movie every day for seven days in a row

Watch a movie every day for 7 days in a row. Pretty self explanatory. Make sure to use the fast forward method if you don't want to actually watch a movie, and always check the achievement app or Smartglass afterwards to make sure it counted.

Channel Surfer 0:gsicon:

Watch a show episode every day for seven days in a row

Watch a TV show every day for 7 days in a row. Pretty self explanatory. Make sure to use the fast forward method if you don't want to actually watch the show, and always check the achievement app or Smartglass afterwards to make sure it counted.

Edited by Judge Bergan

Challenges:

Expiration: 12/19/13

Gas Guzzler 0:gsicon:

Watch every episode of the show featuring horseless carriages, cafes, and whimsical laughter

The show this is referring to is titled, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee". To find it via Crackle, you will need to utilize the search bar. Type in "comedians" and then it should show up as the only result.

There are two seasons comprised of 16 episodes, and you will need to "watch" every episode. I use watch in quotations since you can technically fast forward through every episode and it will still count. Once you have watched every episode, the challenge will pop.

Edited by Judge Bergan

I had the show/movie achievements unlock for watching the opposite thing.

All other achievements and stats have unlocked correctly though.

Trailers in the movie section have counted as movies for me.

Okay at least I wasn't seeing things haha. I keep tabs on my Smartglass counter while watching it to make sure and noticed it. I'll update the guide a bit

Good guide. Thanks for the fast-forwarding tip, although I think I'd rather watch some shows rather than just fast-forwarding for hours on end for 0 Gamerscore. Cheers!

Of course! I really only recommend it to bypass the challenge achievement...I found that show incredibly boring.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Crackle Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 6 months later...

For Couch Potato, I watched all the show episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee then fast forward to last commercial. Then I found a quick show related to it called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Quick shot which are 3 min videos with no commercials and there are over 63 videos. All you need to do is fast forward.