Unlimited Heart Sweaters (Easy Mode) Tokens

To get the token you have to die 2 or 3 times in the dungeon before Princess Bubblegum gives it to you. Unfortunately, you have to use it (because you can't unequip it) and it takes up 2 slots.

However, I found a bit of a glitch that allows you to continually collect them without doing anything:

Once she gives it to you attempt to enter the dungeon and stop at the token screen. Press B and pick yes to cancel. Enter again and your sweater count should go up. Repeat.

This might not work every time. I tried this at level 81 and it's working perfect. May be useful later on.

Got an update for the game and now it doesn't seem to work. Decided to give it another go to because I died trying other characters. Now it's stuck on easy mode the whole time, which means I can only play Finn. Only have to do the 50 levels though, so it's not terrible.

Final update: got an email back from Wayforward "This is actually not a glitch, and functioned this way prior to the update. If you obtained the Heart Sweater from Princess Bubblegum, you have to beat the last boss in the story mode to remove it. If you obtain it after completing the game, you have to re-beat the final boss (Floor 100). It will not remove when playing in the Nightosphere. You can later obtain unlimited Heart Sweater's by completing all of Starchy's quests but those ones can be enabled/disabled in the Token screen."

Too late, for me though, maxed it last weekend.

After all that, it works fine until you beat floor 100. Don't need it after that anyway.

Edited by DcupsOfJustice
update

Once you complete Starchy's questline you get infinite Heart Sweaters anyway. Personally I didn't get much use out of Heart Sweaters other than when I was low on other commonly used tokens since as far as I can tell it only gives you one extra Thump and doubles the effectiveness of food.

Sure, you could wait until you get to level 90, unlock Starchy, and play through the Nightosphere; but I'd rather go through it once for the 50 lvl achievement and make the game easier well before 90.

I think it also makes you immune to certain curses.

Edited by DcupsOfJustice