Do not take this game out!!!!

ghamlin24

This game's hot garbage, not matter what you do, it will finds different ways to fuck you. Lost progress about 4 different times now due to combinations of game freezing and other fucktardations. Save yourself some stress and stay away from this game

I rented this game from Gamefly and I have to admit that I really do like it. The things that bother me, and I'm assuming this may be a Kinect issue, is that the game has a mind of its own. I'll be in the middle of a race and all of a sudden I'm in rear view. Other times I'll get that annoying pan around my vehicle feature for NO REASON. Then other times the game will take me to the start menu or restart my last event.

I unplugged my Kinect and the issues still didn't resolve. Fortunately, over a day or two time, the frequency of this garbage slowed down. But still, it was annoying to be chasing down a racer and have the 360 view kick in and help me run into on coming traffic. That happens and 8/10 times I can't even find the person I was chasing.

Another huge bother I have with this game is that there isn't a pause menu. I mean, there is, but it keeps the game going on around you. Everything is realistic, blah blah. But it's rather annoying when I play as the racer because I'll have to pause to go change a diaper, or maybe make some food for the kiddos, whatever, and next thing I know a random cop busted. Busted me for what? Sitting parked and doing nothing to harm anyone? I've lost tons of money from this happening and it just pisses me off that I can't have a PAUSE feature that freezes the damn game. I'm so sorry I can't be attentive the ENTIRE time I'm in a game session, EA.

Finally, and the reason for me posting my long rant in this thread, the save feature. Where is it? I go to the hideout all the time and assume it's saved. Yet I never see a save icon flashing to reassure me that the four hours I dumped into the game have been successfully saved. So I went from level 17 down to 15. Meh, not a huge bother. I went on over the next few days to reach level 60 as a cop. I even got a gold medal on 67 of the cop races. Bam, achievements on the way, right? Wrong. I load up the next day and I'm down to level 19...for no reason! Screw, I start the racing career since I gathered all my cop achievements, I guess I'll just have to race stuff again, which is fine because this actually is a fun game. Reach level 39 as a racer and load it up today to find that I'm all the way back to level 1!!! I'm fed up. I sent that piece of trash back to Gamefly. It's not worth even playing. Hell, if I wasn't going for achievements I probably would've sent it back after it tanked my cop career. This type of behavior in games is unacceptable and I urge anyone reading this to avoid this game. DO NOT support EA, they've stopped caring at this point.

• 2 months later...

Is this still an issue with the game? I have had this issue with other games.

I had this same problem with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, but I was able to solve the issue. I found out that if I am playing a game and I switch off the console, turn it back on, and continue from where I left off (where ever the game is current at that point) it would not properly save. It had something to do with the syncing with the gamertag that you were under. I found that every time I started up the console again, I had to press start on the game on the dashboard and do a force quit. At that point I had to start up the game again and load the save file. It would sync properly at that point letting the game save properly. I lost an abundance of percentage complete twice because of that stupid glitch.

• 5 weeks later...

it sure hasn't been fixed i know that, ive been reset about 4 times at this point. kinda sad cause i really wanted to get into this game cause its the first NSF title since NFS:Shift.

In another note Wolfenstien wouldn't install that's 2 games that don't work out of the 6 for Xbox One i own.

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me twice now.. the first time I just assumed I did something wrong. But this morning it happened again... I finished two (very hard) challenges last night and woke up to see that they are showing incomplete. Is there even any form of a manual save in this game? Cause so far I don't even know when this game autosaves... and don't get me started on how this game doesn't let you pause, even while doing a single player session. I guess the guys who designed this game don't ever pee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hoped this would have been fixed by now but looks like EA have not bothered.

played through all cop side to level 60 over a week period. All worked fine with no problems.

swapped to racer side and been rest 4 times in 7days.

I know its nothing in doing wrong as I shut down exactly the same each time and didn't have any issues with the cop side

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...