DON'T join any public game!!!

That Guy1604670205

Some real QA testing, in house beta and a public beta testing, the online really could have been phenomenal. It's not like they didn't have the money or weren't going to make the money back. If it was a timeframe thing, they should have delayed the online 2 months, not 2 weeks and got it right!

For me though, the inclusion of microtransactions just made the hackers want to ruin it more than usual.

Couldn't agree more

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me though, the inclusion of microtransactions just made the hackers want to ruin it more than usual.

Perhaps. But I personally think that root of all of what's going is down to R* and them nerfing any effective grinding methods.

Again, I'm hypothesising but if Violent Duct and Rooftop Rumble weren't given red flags by R* then maybe they wouldn't be in this mess.

well you can't blame anyone but Rockstar with the shitty RP/cash payout for every mission. if they would of kept replaying or didn't nerf missions i'm sure people wouldn't use mods (high unlikely but still).

Agreed, the cash payout for most missions is pitiful. At least now I can buy shit and just muck about with friends.

At least now I can buy shit and just muck about with friends.

This is what it should have been all about.

I don't want to have to grind out shitty missions to be able to have fun. I just want to have have fun. I wish they had what GTA4's multiplayer had. The option to turn off police was the best option and would have proved even more useful in this game with how annoying they are.

Also, you can't even fight the police properly online because you either do it solo which means there is no point in it being online or do it with your friends but since there is no option to turn off friendly fire, you just end up killing them more then you kill the police. I just wanted to have fun using RPGs, the buzzard, the jet and the tank with my friends against the police without having to worry about spending all my money on the rpgs and the tank or killing my friends every two seconds because it locks onto them instead of the police.

Pretty much all I wanted was the map and vehicles of gta5 with the options to turn off friendly fire and police and not have to worry about spending money on ammo or any of that shit.

An idea I saw a while back on this forum was the idea of a 'Fun Mode'. You don't rank up or gain anything else by being in this mode. The only thing it is used for is having fun. So you can have full ammo on all weapons without spending anything and you can call a tank in without having to spend anything and you can choose that you don't want to be able to kill other players.

Some real QA testing, in house beta and a public beta testing, the online really could have been phenomenal. It's not like they didn't have the money or weren't going to make the money back. If it was a timeframe thing, they should have delayed the online 2 months, not 2 weeks and got it right!

The hackers are only doing that because it's all they can do right now.

That and godmode.

Just watch when the REAL mods come out.

The ones that were in GTA 4 that set you on fire or freeze your box the money giving will all die out.

I have tried and tested this method:

Create a second character, using second character withdraw the money (they share same bank account),then switch to back to main character and it's gone as they don't share the same "pocket". Some say delete the second character after withdrawing but it doesn't work and just goes back to the bank account.

You will only be placed in the cheater pool if you share the money, not spending it.

Also just found this http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200531348-Dear-Brian-is-there-anything-to-communicate-about-unwanted-money

Edited by cjdavies

This is what it should have been all about.

I don't want to have to grind out shitty missions to be able to have fun. I just want to have have fun. I wish they had what GTA4's multiplayer had. The option to turn off police was the best option and would have proved even more useful in this game with how annoying they are.

Also, you can't even fight the police properly online because you either do it solo which means there is no point in it being online or do it with your friends but since there is no option to turn off friendly fire, you just end up killing them more then you kill the police. I just wanted to have fun using RPGs, the buzzard, the jet and the tank with my friends against the police without having to worry about spending all my money on the rpgs and the tank or killing my friends every two seconds because it locks onto them instead of the police.

Pretty much all I wanted was the map and vehicles of gta5 with the options to turn off friendly fire and police and not have to worry about spending money on ammo or any of that shit.

An idea I saw a while back on this forum was the idea of a 'Fun Mode'. You don't rank up or gain anything else by being in this mode. The only thing it is used for is having fun. So you can have full ammo on all weapons without spending anything and you can call a tank in without having to spend anything and you can choose that you don't want to be able to kill other players.

Agree with pretty much everything you just said. Fun mode sounds... Fun!

The hackers are only doing that because it's all they can do right now.

That and godmode.

Just watch when the REAL mods come out.

The ones that were in GTA 4 that set you on fire or freeze your box the money giving will all die out.

I guess it's only a matter of time before it turns into GTA4/RDR online. Can't see R* keeping up with the hackers/modders.

Just finished a mission with a buddy. Instead of going back to our closed session, we got dumped into a public session. Within a minute the two of us were give $51 million each.

..and I hope you thanked the internets for that Xmas bonus, D.

ill join a game and try and get money later. if everyone else is getting billions of cash, im not going to be the one stuck there with nothing.

economy is fucked anyway, so it dosent matter

That's basically it. R* should just let everyone keep their billions and let them have fun with it. After all it's a game (that we've already payed for)

That's basically it. R* should just let everyone keep their billions and let them have fun with it. After all it's a game (that we've already payed for)

Their problem is that they'll miss out on real money from all those microtransactions. In a properly tested, legitimate game, many people wouldn't have the time to grind for hours on end so may opt to buy those shark cards.

Their problem is that they'll miss out on real money from all those microtransactions. In a properly tested, legitimate game, many people wouldn't have the time to grind for hours on end so may opt to buy those shark cards.

Which is terrible marketing at it's finest.

Yeah, private lobbies aren't even safe anymore! I have never enjoyed dealing with public lobbies and always launch into a crew lobby, and back out to single player immediately whenever switching characters or I otherwise find myself in a public one. So last night in a crew lobby, despite my repeatedly saying that I did not want any of this dirty money going around and how hard I've been working to avoid it, and him knowing that, a crew member tagged me with $142 million while I was selling a car (i.e. I wasn't able to Dashboard, as it saved before I knew what happened)!

Doing the math, barring a miracle (that I know won't happen), making my average $250k a night, it will take me 30 years to get my stats on the SC site to balance out, and the shared money to be down to (a semi-bearable) 5%! He also fucked up the leaderboards for the crew too, hanging in a modded lobby with a brand new character, ranking up to rank 141. So yeah, I'll also probably never be able to regain my #1 slot in my crew!

Yay for all the fun having been sapped out of Online because of the actions of these douchebags!

^ if you guys are THAT worried, contact R* to remove the money.

still no ban here, I spent 1.5 million of my money on a shiny stinger gt for the garage. pretty car!

I couldn't have said it better.

I replaced all 10 cars (mostly supercars) so I could go back and put them in the order I wanted lol. Million+ to move my Adder 1 slot over. :)