Xbox Video Achievements

The Huntsman

Anybody else going for these? Such a pain in the neck. Watch 100 hours worth of movies. Watch 100 hours worth of shows. And it has to be stuff via Xbox Video. I've been streaming Fantastic Mr. Fox five-or-six times a day, sometimes more, over the past week. I'm only at hour 64. The movie is just shy of 90 minutes long, so by my math, I'll have watched the movie around 67 times by the time I get the final achievement. And then I have to do the whole thing over again with a television show.

When I do get around to watch television shows, can I make the Xbox One play the entire season in a row? I'd like to just have it watch six hours worth of a show while I sleep. It would really speed things up.

Why would you want to do that? What do you get when you complete it?
I made the mistake of pinning a television show to my dashboard on launch day. That unlocked one achievement. Xbox Video was then stuck on my achievement list, so I figured I might as well go for all of the achievements.

I'm currently on hour 78 of 100. I'm just going to watch it non-stop for the next fourteen hours, take a break to watch the NFL playoffs, and finish it off that night. No sleep, but me watching this HD movie over-and-over is really throttling my household's bandwidth. I need to get it done ASAP.

When I get around to watching television shows, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. One of them was only available in SD, so instead of streaming a 2.5 GB movie, it'll just stream a 300 MB episode. It shouldn't mess up the bandwidth situation too much.

I made the mistake of pinning a television show to my dashboard on launch day. That unlocked one achievement. Xbox Video was then stuck on my achievement list, so I figured I might as well go for all of the achievements.
I think he's asking why you're being so excessive about the whole thing.

I knew right off the bat day one people were going to grind the shit out of the apps because of the achievements.

This in no way, shape or form effects me though. I'll get it done at a leisurely pace while others will get it a lot sooner.

Whatever makes people happy.

Edit: I've been thinking for a while now about making a thread for free videos/discounts on Xbox Video.

I know a deals thread exists in the main forum but I feel that's more dedicated to store/site deals.

Starting that off, they have a HBO special going on right now.

Discounted season passes and free first episode from the first season for all the following shows:

• Boardwalk Empire
  • Strike Back
  • The News Room
  • Entourage
  • Girls
  • Banshee

Dunno if those freebies will ever become unfree but all you need to do is play them each for a couple seconds and they're yours forever.

Edited by mcnichoj

I think he's asking why you're being so excessive about the whole thing.
It's just something that I'd rather be done with. The movie part, at least. I didn't want to have to drag that one out. I still intend to get the 100 hours of TV part done before Thief comes out at the end of February, but I'm not going to grind it non-stop like I did with movies.

And besides, I don't buy many things on there. I would never unlock the achievement naturally. I bought my favorite movie and my favorite show, but neither of them would I ever have watched 100 hours worth of. I would have to grind in order to unlock the achievements.

Edited by The Huntsman

It's just something that I'd rather be done with. The movie part, at least. I didn't want to have to drag that one out. I still intend to get the 100 hours of TV part done before Thief comes out at the end of February, but I'm not going to grind it non-stop like I did with movies.

And besides, I don't buy many things on there. I would never unlock the achievement naturally. I bought my favorite movie and my favorite show, but neither of them would I ever have watched 100 hours worth of. I would have to grind in order to unlock the achievements.

Why don't you just rent the hobbit? Or buy the hobbit and set it to repeat?

That films 3 hours 30 minutes...?

But seriously.... Xbox video achievements?

There is no repeat button as far as I know.

Rewind, play, pause, fast-forward and captions are the only options as far as I know.

App only counts time a video is in normal play.

But seriously.... Xbox video achievements?
Apps can have achievements, just like the Xbox Live Test app on the 360.

McDonalds promo I think is still going on.

• The Wolverine (movie)
  • Enlisted
  • Bones
  • Raising Hope

Just buy a medium fry.

This is some stuff I got free previously on the 360 that carried over, not sure if still free. The first episodes of Vikings and Caprica.

Anyway, I've been letting my Xbox One watch the 2011 E3 video over and over. I have to manually replay it after it ends, but it's about as long as the movie I watched and it counts as a television show. I've unlocked the one, ten and twenty-five hour achievements. I'm currently at 41 hours of television watched. I'm in no real rush, but I think I'll get the achievement done by the 22nd.

Although watching that conferance really makes me mad. It was back when they were pushing the kinect hard, and nothing in it appealed to me. It was a very bad E3.

Edit: It's January 17th at 3:39 AM and I'm at 81 hours watched. Man, this is tedious stuff. Really, isn't Xbox Video becoming antiquated? There are superior video services on the Xbox. Most people get things through Amazon and Netflix, especially since Microsoft Points have been retired. Did they really expect very many people to watch 200 hours of content on Xbox Video?

Edit: I finished it today, January 18th. Wish I never unlocked that first achievement because then I wouldn't have done all of this, but at least it's over... for now. I suspect they'll go crazy and add 250 hour achievements eventually. Or a watch 50 different movies achievement. Wouldn't that suck?

Edited by The Huntsman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is going to suck
It really isn't that bad assuming you go for it just by watching stuff occasionally, you also get tons of free videos.

TV show seasons now autoplay the next episode.

I think this is a new update. So if you snag the first season of DBZ that's 13 hours per season play, time saves after every episode.

They added more old shows, so here's some random stuff that you may have obtained free episodes of possibly:

• Blue Dragon
  • Witchblade
  • The Root of All Evil
  • Code Monkeys

Freebie for Fairy Tale: Season 9 episode 1.

Bunch of sales going on for comedy movies, action films, TV show passes for $9.99 and anime 50% off.

Just click the "..." in the lower right corner of the Xbox Video Home area to see the different sales.

Edit:

Free episode of Game of Thrones going up tomorrow:

Season passes have vanished for a bunch of shows, not sure what's going on with that.

Edited by mcnichoj

• 2 months later...
For some reason my movie count is stuck at 46 hours. I have been replaying movies for about 5 hours over the past few days and the count is still at 46.

Anyone had this problem?

YES, ive had the same problem for the same several days, though im currently doing the tv series achievement, I did 100 hours of movie and 41 hours of series with no problem, and now it seems stuck, ive done an extra 10 hours of tv series and it finally went up 1% but is stuck AGAIN.

Has there been an update recently to glitch them? I've tried everything I can think of but it still seems frozen.

Edited by Death Snakes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some sort of shark week promotion is going on and Sharknado is currently free to watch on Xbox Video...I just left it on last night to get the achievement for watching an hour of movies.

http://video.xbox.com/movie/sharknado/0ea3cbe6-fa1c-4e71-b70d-6a311af6ac18

I've seen the Director's Cut of Blade Runner the most and I've watched the Final Cut a few times. Don't think I've seen the International Cut so I decided to rent it for the hell of it on Xbox Video.

My progress towards watching the 10 hours of movies achievement was at 12% or something like that after Sharknado. After finishing Blade Runner the tracker was still at 12%. Guess this is a particular issue for Xbox Video achievements? I've got the first season of DBZ and the tracker for watching TV episodes goes up but movies seem to be stuck for now. Maybe I'll watch a bit of Blade Runner again later or try another movie and see if it works.

I popped the 10 hour one by watching half of Sharknado. You must have a exclusive problem.

I restarted Blade Runner last night and watched the first 12 or so minutes. The tracker for the 10 hour achievement went up from 12% to 14%.

Restarted it again a few hours ago and just finished. This time I made sure the tracker updated. I paused the movie and quit out of the app, opened up the achievement app and kept checking the progress every couple of minutes.

That seemed to work out ok but when there was about a half hour left in the movie (28/9% towards 10 hrs at this point) I double tapped the guide button to snap the achievement app and check progress rather than pause the movie and quit Xbox Video. From the remainder of the movie the tracker stayed at 29%.... I unsnapped with the :bbut:

Curious. Not even sure what happened with my first viewing of Blade Runner...just started the movie and let it run to the end without snapping anything. Didn't pause and quit either.

Edit: And the Blade Runner on Xbox Video that isn't Final Cut looks like it was just the standard US release rather than the International Cut with the violent clips like with Batty and the eye poke. I thought the US release was supposed to be 1 hr and 56 minutes and not 1 hr 57 min (Xbox Video lists it as 57 min) so I got it confused and thought it was the International (1 hr 57 min).

Edited by LickableLemons7

• 2 months later...

For the time-being a free Halo 2 documentary can be watched on Xbox Video (Remaking the Legend - Halo 2: Anniversary). It's an hour and two minutes long, and you can watch it as many times as you like. So if anyone wants a boost towards their "watch 100 hours of movies" achievement you can put on the documentary and keep playing it over and over.

Not sure if it will be pulled off of Xbox Video eventually. Maybe it could be once the hype for The Master Chief Collection dies down?

http://video.xbox.com/movie/remaking-the-legend-%E2%80%93-halo-2-anniversary/30b99908-0100-11db-89ca-0019b92a3933

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...