Very difficult?

Fidelis Sodalis

Thanks Terror, Dog and Puppies. yeah ive done quite a bit of research on the wiki, but im also trying to minimize spoilers etc first run through. Since i need multiple for 1000 anyway, might as well enjoy a game guide-free (or minimally lol) for once. I appreciate the black knight info, you definitely know your shit. Of course id get the drop thats less than ideal, but ill keep moving for now with drake (unupgraded thanks to earlier tip), and uchigatana for now. Just beat Havel, my third black knight in Dark Basin and am approaching the Hydra as we speak. Im sure ill thank everyone in this forum and yourself again quite a few times before the 1000 is mine haha.

Yup, feel free to message me on live when you need help, I've helped plenty of people even though my knowledge is a tad rusty!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha im not really even to the point where ive been introduced to slabs but thanks to Seraph and 1001 for the help offer. Unfort im forced to play offline for last few months and another month or so- but im sure ill still be playing when i return online.

There's only one slab of each kind available per playthrough, and the others have to be obtained via DLC, extremely rare drops, or a NG run.

There's only one slab of each kind available per playthrough, and the others have to be obtained via DLC, extremely rare drops, or a NG run.

Not true. It is possible to get two regular slabs in one playthrough. One through the Catarina knights questline, and one for killing the boss at the second Undead Asylum visit.

I think it's also possible to get two Red slabs. Can't remember.

Edited by Dante XBA

Not true. It is possible to get two regular slabs in one playthrough. One through the Catarina knights questline, and one for killing the boss at the second Undead Asylum visit.

I think it's also possible to get two Red slabs. Can't remember.

3 if you have the expansion....

Titanite Slabs possible in one playthrough....

Regular Titanite Slab - 3 (Siegmeyer Questline, Stray Demon win, Kalameet arena chest if you have the expansion)

Blue Titanite Slab - 1 (Crystal Caves pick up)

White Titanite Slab - 2 (Tomb of the Giants pick up before Nito, Chasm of the Abyss before fighting Manus if you have the expansion)

Red Titanite Slab - 2 (Lost Izalith chest, ASCENDED Pyro Flame +0 traded to Snuggly)

It's also worth noting that Crystal Lizards have a very rare chance to drop Regular Slabs (that's all I have ever received anyway) when killed; chance is increased with boosted item discovery, but still rare. Darkwraiths in New Londo also have a rare chance to drop regular Titanite Slabs; better odds than with Crystal Lizards simply because there aren't a finite number of them so they can be farmed, but still not really worth all the trouble.

You can also farm the Moonlight Butterflies in the Crystal Caves for Blue Slabs, but, again, the drop isn't very frequent.

Edited by XperimntNterror

Ah yes, forgot about the onion man quest. Never could complete that without fucking something up XD

The Darkwraith, butterfly, and chaos eater slab spawns are listed as very rare, and they MEAN it. It took about 2 hours farming the darkwraith strategy at the bottom of new londo ruins to get one slab at 410 discovery (or whatevs). I quit farming the chaos eaters after about 30 minutes, just wasn't worth having a fully upgraded fire and chaos weapon before NG+.

Ah yes, forgot about the onion man quest. Never could complete that without fucking something up XD

The Darkwraith, butterfly, and chaos eater slab spawns are listed as very rare, and they MEAN it. It took about 2 hours farming the darkwraith strategy at the bottom of new londo ruins to get one slab at 410 discovery (or whatevs). I quit farming the chaos eaters after about 30 minutes, just wasn't worth having a fully upgraded fire and chaos weapon before NG+.

When I was trying to farm them for 1000G it took me ages, then on one of my most recent runs I got a regular slab just from making my way to the four kings lol. The moonlight butterfly though, I gave up on them, I tried for several hours a day over the course of like 4 days and got nothing. Has anybody ever? :confused:

3 if you have the expansion....

Titanite Slabs possible in one playthrough....

Regular Titanite Slab - 3 (Siegmeyer Questline, Stray Demon win, Kalameet arena chest if you have the expansion)

Blue Titanite Slab - 1 (Crystal Caves pick up)

White Titanite Slab - 2 (Tomb of the Giants pick up before Nito, Chasm of the Abyss before fighting Manus if you have the expansion)

Red Titanite Slab - 2 (Lost Izalith chest, ASCENDED Pyro Flame +0 traded to Snuggly)

It's also worth noting that Crystal Lizards have a very rare chance to drop Regular Slabs (that's all I have ever received anyway) when killed; chance is increased with boosted item discovery, but still rare. Darkwraiths in New Londo also have a rare chance to drop regular Titanite Slabs; better odds than with Crystal Lizards simply because there aren't a finite number of them so they can be farmed, but still not really worth all the trouble.

You can also farm the Moonlight Butterflies in the Crystal Caves for Blue Slabs, but, again, the drop isn't very frequent.

But I don't have the expansion. So I was basically still right.

When I was trying to farm them for 1000G it took me ages, then on one of my most recent runs I got a regular slab just from making my way to the four kings lol. The moonlight butterfly though, I gave up on them, I tried for several hours a day over the course of like 4 days and got nothing. Has anybody ever? :confused:

No. No one in their right mind actually stuck it out for the second slab.

Yes, it's definitely possible.

Wait, you can't repair occult weapons either?

I've got what I'm calling my' Ultimate character' and wanted to make one of every Halberd. I was gutted that I couldn't repair it considering how powerful it was.

I'm not sure, but I was referring to never using either weapon.

I wouldn't say the game is difficult, thats a poor verb to describe Dark Souls. A better word is challenging and as with any challenge once you overcome it you are rewarded and oh how sweet it is to complete this game.

Considering you can easily die within seconds of fighting any major enemy unless you know what you're doing, I would say it's difficult. I still don't know how to defeat the Ceaseless Discharge without the exploit.