latest update deleted progress

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

so the last update deleted my progress towards eradicator and gatherer achievements. My bar for gatherer was only at 1 when I updated the game( the one that added tournaments and challenges etc.) but the challenge to unlock 15 powerups said I had 9 so I figured the Xbox section was a little slow but I would unlock the achievement anyway. I just unlocked my 10th one and no achievement. Also my progress bar didn't change and my progress for eradicator was reset again! Getting very frustrated over this game.anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

• 2 weeks later...

what happened to me when i tried to play after the latest update the game started to freeze then all of a sudden when i tried to play the game it would send me back to the windows phone start page, then i deleted it and reinstalled the stupid game then tried to play it again then my phone did a complete shut down and reboot

I have my progress reset once in the last update somewhere in November 2013. Looks like the latest update on January 27 is going to mess everything up again right? Unless there is any notable bug fixes / enhancements, I would rather stay with the current version, any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have my progress reset once in the last update somewhere in November 2013. Looks like the latest update on January 27 is going to mess everything up again right? Unless there is any notable bug fixes / enhancements, I would rather stay with the current version, any idea?

if you haven't updated yet then I would advise not to. I have 14 power ups unlocked and have gotten close to 100 lines or a little less a game and you need to use the power up 90 times a week to unlock (you do the math) so after the update it added a progress bar and its barely filled. It sucks because I've played close to 1000 games and statistically its impossible to not have unlocked this achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

the latest update (v1.5) reset my progress for Eradicator, i was at 3/4 on the progress bar, now i am back at the begining, little bit after the first R of Eradicator.

EA and Gayloft, f..k you both for releasing crappy fremium games full of glitches and bugs. I am at level 35, now I have to reach level 130 in order to clear 100K lines? No way, I am done with your games!

the latest update (v1.5) reset my progress for Eradicator, i was at 3/4 on the progress bar, now i am back at the begining, little bit after the first R of Eradicator.

EA and Gayloft, f..k you both for releasing crappy fremium games full of glitches and bugs. I am at level 35, now I have to reach level 130 in order to clear 100K lines? No way, I am done with your games!

Same here :mad:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still on v1.4.0.198077.58684655, and have been holding off any updates since people have been reporting the progress reset issue. However EA is now forcing updates starting v1.7, or else you won't be able to connect to xbox live. Anyone can confirm whether the v1.7 update resets your progress?

I'm still on v1.4.0.198077.58684655, and have been holding off any updates since people have been reporting the progress reset issue. However EA is now forcing updates starting v1.7, or else you won't be able to connect to xbox live. Anyone can confirm whether the v1.7 update resets your progress?

Couldn't tell you! As the game doesn't even start up for me now just keeps crashing.

Has this been delisted? as it's no longer in the store.. Or have this just removed it for the time being until they fix what the new update broke?

it is still available to download but if your windows phone operating system build number is different then what is compatible with the game it will not appear in your store..

Just saw a post from TrueAchievements that someone upgraded from 1.4 to 1.7 and Eradicator progress was reset.

I had the Windows Phone spring update - and previously could download tetris blitz. The versioning hasn't changed. Yet the game is no longer available.

Spooke - nothing has changed (at least for me).

I had the Windows Phone spring update - and previously could download tetris blitz. The versioning hasn't changed. Yet the game is no longer available.

Spooke - nothing has changed (at least for me).

what I was getting at with the change, when Microsoft sent out the update it re-wrote the O/S on the phone and every phone hardware specs are different. Each different O/S has a different build number. And if the game is not programmed with the new build number that is on your phone you can not download the game anymore until EA changes the program again. When the spring update came out I lost 5 games from my phone

I know. What I was saying is that I've had the WP spring beta, and the final spring update already before installing tetris blitz for the first time. Then uninstalled because of the crashes. And then tried to reinstall. No luck. This was within the span of a week. The OS version hadn't changed. I wasn't disagreeing with you. Obviously updates may screw up some games.

Also the OS wasn't rewritten. It was an update. Versioning change, etc. OS rewrites are much more complicated then this.

Edited by RCP13Jackal